Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

5 posters

My newest granddaughter is about to make her entrance...

Grits
    Grits

My newest granddaughter is about to make her entrance... Empty My newest granddaughter is about to make her entrance...

Post  Grits Wed 24 Mar 2010, 10:57 pm

Daughter was told today to expect to give birth to Lucy Elizabeth within 24 hrs. so I will be heading out to Fla. about 4 a.m. I would drive down tonight but I don't do well with night driving. It's about a 7 hr. drive so I should be there by noon at the latest tomorrow. I might not get there in time for the actual birth, but that's okay as long as I get there safely. I can't wait to meet her and see what big sister, Katie (2 1/2 y.o.), thinks of her.

I should be back Sunday or Monday and yes I will find a way to share a picture. What kind of mammaw would I be if I didn't... tongue

Prayers for safe travel and a healthy baby would be appreciated.

God Bless!
    cheers
    beejean
    beejean

My newest granddaughter is about to make her entrance... Empty praying for your happy journey to Florida and your grand-daughter

Post  beejean Thu 25 Mar 2010, 12:16 am

Grits wrote:Daughter was told today to expect to give birth to Lucy Elizabeth within 24 hrs. so I will be heading out to Fla. about 4 a.m.
    and yes I will find a way to share a picture. What kind of mammaw would I be if I didn't.

I'm praying for you, Grits ! And your Daughter. Hope there is a safe delivery, a beautiful baby girl, and a loving trio (grandmother, mother and grand-daughter) celebrating the birth of your grand-daughter.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
    DearWife

My newest granddaughter is about to make her entrance... Empty Re: My newest granddaughter is about to make her entrance...

Post  DearWife Thu 25 Mar 2010, 1:17 am

Last edited by DearWife on Sat 06 Jul 2019, 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    geenee
    geenee

My newest granddaughter is about to make her entrance... Empty Re: My newest granddaughter is about to make her entrance...

Post  geenee Thu 25 Mar 2010, 1:32 am

YES CONGRATS! I want one. My grandaughter is a teen! I am ready for another.
    Grits
    Grits

Post  Grits Mon 29 Mar 2010, 10:44 am

Lucy Elizabeth arrived safe and sound on March 25th at 8:59 p.m. and weighed exactly 8 lbs. and was 20 in. long. She is a carbon copy of her big sister Katie. Mom and baby are doing very well, PTL! cheers

I got there about 1 p.m. on Thursday and by 4 p.m. Leslie felt she was in labor and went to the hospital to be checked. They told her she was in the very early stages of labor and gave her a choice of staying or going home (she's only about 10 min. from the hospital so she decided to go home). They said it would probably be about 12 hrs. before hard labor started...man, were they wrong...lol

We sent Scott out for take-out around 6:30 or so. Leslie was craving a burrito. Well it took him longer than expected and about 15 min. before he got back her labor started hard and fast. She wouldn't go to the hospital until she had a couple of bites of her burrito...crazy woman! tongue Anyway, they start out to the hospital about 7:20 or so and got caught in a traffic jam and it took them over 30 min. to get there. They checked in at 7:57 p.m. and by 8:59 p.m. she was holding Lucy in her arms! affraid

I NEVER had labor that fast but both of my girls have had really quick labors. They didn't have time to give her any meds for pain so she had a completely natural childbirth.

Big sister Katie was a little scared of Lucy to start with but has warmed up nicely. When you ask her what she thinks of Lucy, she throws her hands up in the air and says "Perfect!". She is a little mess that one...

I'll post a pic later in the day. I got home late yesterday afternoon and collapsed so haven't even unpacked yet.

Thanks for the prayers!

Very Happy
    Calibabe
    Calibabe
    Admin

Post  Calibabe Mon 29 Mar 2010, 7:30 pm

Grits wrote:Daughter was told today to expect to give birth to Lucy Elizabeth within 24 hrs. so I will be heading out to Fla. about 4 a.m. I would drive down tonight but I don't do well with night driving. It's about a 7 hr. drive so I should be there by noon at the latest tomorrow. I might not get there in time for the actual birth, but that's okay as long as I get there safely. I can't wait to meet her and see what big sister, Katie (2 1/2 y.o.), thinks of her.

I should be back Sunday or Monday and yes I will find a way to share a picture. What kind of mammaw would I be if I didn't... tongue

God Bless!
    cheers

Oh grits that is absolutely wonderful cheers

Have a very safe trip and just enjoy that grandbaby Lucy. Will say a prayer to St Christopher for you (he is the patron saint for those who travel). In the event that you would like the prayer for you to say before you go, here it is:

Prayer to Saint Christopher
    St. Christopher's Protection

Dear Saint Christopher,
    protect me today
    in all my travels
    along the road's way.
    Give your warning sign
    if danger is near
    so that I may stop
    while the path is clear.
    Be at my window
    and direct me through
    when the vision blurs
    From out of the blue.
    Carry me safely
    to my destined place,
    like you carried Christ
    in your close embrace.
    Amen.

Again, enjoy that new grandbaby flower

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 06 May 2024, 10:10 pm