Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

Long Valley Caldera. Bi-Polar

Don in Hollister

Long Valley Caldera.  Bi-Polar Empty Long Valley Caldera. Bi-Polar

Post  Don in Hollister Wed 10 Mar 2010, 9:37 am

Hi All. Learn something new almost everyday. Did you know that Long Valley Caldera could be bi-polar. For now it is sleeping although it does stir now and then. It could erupt again and make another Mammoth Mountain or Mono/Inyo craters, or it could go such as it did 760,000 years ago.

Long Valley Caldera is a supervolcano and most vulcanologist I have talked to say it will erupt long before Yellowstone does however it doesn't appear that it is going to do so anytime in the near future. We might see a small eruption such as the one that occurred in Mono Lake about 250 to 500 years ago. There could be another volcano in the making south of the caldera although I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for an eruption to occur.

Most of the people that Petra and I have talked with know they are living on a sleeping volcano, but they are more concerned about the quakes that occur in the area then they are about the volcano erupting. They are a little concerned about new CO2 vents opening up. You get a new one in the wrong place people would have to move. An atmosphere rich in CO2 won't support life as the tree kill area proves. Take Care...Don

http://news.discovery.com/earth/california-supervolcano-eruption.html

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 12:55 pm