Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

+21
*Cynthia
Betty in Texas
Karin in wa
marc / berkeley
Dona
LaLuna
Grits
Tiempe
Barbara
Teresa N Cal
mcyoung/tx
chatillion
angelight
Puget Sounder
Nightmoves
Polly, AZ
TrishNrthrdgCA
LindaMarie
Calibabe
socalshakin
RIG
25 posters

Your avatars and you...

RIG
    RIG

Your avatars and you... Empty Your avatars and you...

Post  RIG Thu 18 Feb 2010, 11:47 pm

I always love it when this question is asked, it can lead to some interesting discussions... so, what does your avatar mean to you?...

My original image was Merlin from the movie Excalibur... although I very much love Merlin the person to the character, it's not quite me... yet... Wink

The second image (at present)... is Stilgar, a character from the books, movie, and mini series Dune... he was leader of the one of the Fremen tribes, a capable desert warrior, and was a Fedaykin... Muad'Dibs personal gaurd/fighters in freeing Arrakis from the evil House Harkonnen. Hence the red hand and smeared shoulders of the Fedaykin...

My original signature was the Bene Gesserit Litany against Fear... but then I found this one... it suits me more at the present Time...

I'm on a huge Dune kick at present... don't know why, but I like it!... geek
    socalshakin
    socalshakin

Your avatars and you... Empty Re: Your avatars and you...

Post  socalshakin Fri 19 Feb 2010, 12:14 am

RIG wrote:I always love it when this question is asked, it can lead to some interesting discussions... so, what does your avatar mean to you?...

My original image was Merlin from the movie Excalibur... although I very much love Merlin the person to the character, it's not quite me... yet... Wink

The second image (at present)... is Stilgar, a character from the books, movie, and mini series Dune... he was leader of the one of the Fremen tribes, a capable desert warrior, and was a Fedaykin... Muad'Dibs personal gaurd/fighters in freeing Arrakis from the evil House Harkonnen. Hence the red hand and smeared shoulders of the Fedaykin...

My original signature was the Bene Gesserit Litany against Fear... but then I found this one... it suits me more at the present Time...

I was going to send you a message complimenting you on your avatar! I'm a huge Dune fan, in fact, I might just go put on my special edition in a bit. Feeling in Dune mood too Smile I never ever liked any of the attempted remakes that they tried to do for Sci Fi. Never had the touch that David Lynch did, and being a big David Lynch fan too, nothing compares to the original, with Kyle MacLaughlin and Sting.

As a quote from Paul Atreides/Muad'Dib"

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

As for my avatar, my first one was the Goddess Gaia, one with the Earth. I am born on Earth Day, so I've always felt a very close connection to our planet and to nature. My current avatar is a buttermilk buckskin Arabian mare, my dream horse. I hope to be fortunate enough one day to own one. My mom would say I have a deathwish when it comes to horses as I nearly lost my life in a jumping accident in 2001. I can't stay away from them, but I no longer jump. At least not yet Laughing

Last edited by socalshakin on Fri 19 Feb 2010, 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
    Calibabe
    Calibabe
    Admin

Post  Calibabe Fri 19 Feb 2010, 12:15 am

RIG wrote:I always love it when this question is asked, it can lead to some interesting discussions... so, what does your avatar mean to you?...

Well my avatar is a frog. I happen to really have a thing about frogs, stuffed, glass, metal, ceramic, you name, I have them.

I have always liked frogs because of their ability to adapt to their surroundings. My current avatar is of the blue dart frog from the Amazon. Very poisonious. Just touching the skin can kill you.

When I lived in FL I had frogs that would come up to our patio every night and hang out. One would sit on the fire box outside our door and the other one would perch itself on a beam under the stairwell. The would sing to each other. It was something very soothing listening to them.

Funny thing was that when my mom got a computer and she gave me her email address it had frog listed in it. I asked her why she chose that and she said that when she worked for the FDIC, that was her nickname, which was something I never knew. Blew me away. When she went to Ireland she brought me back a Waterford crystal frog. that I have on my desk. I also bought a quartz frog one year at an Indian pow-wow that our town we lived in has. The man selling it to me said "You like frogs". I said "Yeah, I really do like them". He then proceded to tell me that they were the sign of water/rain and fertility. Since we basically live out towards the desert I told him "I will take the rain, you keep the fertility!"

My signature line, if I can get it to appear are from the lyrics of Depeche Mode's "Policy of Truth". Great band, great song.
    LindaMarie
    LindaMarie

Post  LindaMarie Fri 19 Feb 2010, 12:31 am

Mine is sort of a mystical looking flower, but I'm sure I will be changing it often. Avatars are fun! bom
    TrishNrthrdgCA
    TrishNrthrdgCA

Post  TrishNrthrdgCA Fri 19 Feb 2010, 12:45 am

Hi Boppins!

My avatar is a lil duckling cos have always had a soft spot for ducks. In fact my handle elsewhere is DuckyDahling Laughing

Hey Marie ... how did you creat that neat signature? Very impressive!

SoCal .. I thought Redheart had joined ... cant see her on members. Will someone hike up to Tehachapi and bring her here? Haha!
    flower
    socalshakin
    socalshakin

Post  socalshakin Fri 19 Feb 2010, 12:56 am

TrishNrthrdgCA wrote:Hi Boppins!

My avatar is a lil duckling cos have always had a soft spot for ducks. In fact my handle elsewhere is DuckyDahling Laughing

SoCal .. I thought Redheart had joined ... cant see her on members. Will someone hike up to Tehachapi and bring her here? Haha!
    flower

LOL.. Tehachapi is quite a hike! She posted here as a guest yesterday, not sure if she registered though. I don't think I got a notification telling me so.
    TrishNrthrdgCA
    TrishNrthrdgCA

Post  TrishNrthrdgCA Fri 19 Feb 2010, 1:29 am

Is that a pic of your horse SoCal? It is absolutely gorgeous!
    socalshakin
    socalshakin

Post  socalshakin Fri 19 Feb 2010, 1:37 am

TrishNrthrdgCA wrote:Is that a pic of your horse SoCal? It is absolutely gorgeous!

I wish that was my horse! I don't own a horse sadly..one day I will, and that's my dream horse, a buttermilk buckskin Arabian mare.

I'll take pretty much any horse that's a buckskin! Warmblood, Quarter, Fresian.. Like this one Smile

Your avatars and you... IMAG050A
    RIG
    RIG

Post  RIG Fri 19 Feb 2010, 2:47 am

socalshakin wrote:
    TrishNrthrdgCA wrote:Is that a pic of your horse SoCal? It is absolutely gorgeous!

I wish that was my horse! I don't own a horse sadly..one day I will, and that's my dream horse, a buttermilk buckskin Arabian mare.

I'll take pretty much any horse that's a buckskin! Warmblood, Quarter, Fresian.. Like this one Smile

That's a beautiful creature! I think my favorite type of horse is the grey dapple Percheron, although I think all of the draft horse family is top knotch... the coolest experience I've had was witnessing a team of four pulling a wagon for 4th of July farm tour picnic bbq thing... they shook the Earth!... Cool
    RIG
    RIG

Post  RIG Fri 19 Feb 2010, 2:54 am

TrishNrthrdgCA wrote:Hi Boppins!

flower

The baby duckling garners you automatic cute points!... rendeer (cutest smilie imo for you)...
    RIG
    RIG

Post  RIG Fri 19 Feb 2010, 3:06 am

Calibabe wrote:

Well my avatar is a frog. I happen to really have a thing about frogs, stuffed, glass, metal, ceramic, you name, I have them.

I have always liked frogs because of their ability to adapt to their surroundings. My current avatar is of the blue dart frog from the Amazon. Very poisonious. Just touching the skin can kill you.

When I lived in FL I had frogs that would come up to our patio every night and hang out. One would sit on the fire box outside our door and the other one would perch itself on a beam under the stairwell. The would sing to each other. It was something very soothing listening to them.

Funny thing was that when my mom got a computer and she gave me her email address it had frog listed in it. I asked her why she chose that and she said that when she worked for the FDIC, that was her nickname, which was something I never knew. Blew me away. When she went to Ireland she brought me back a Waterford crystal frog. that I have on my desk. I also bought a quartz frog one year at an Indian pow-wow that our town we lived in has. The man selling it to me said "You like frogs". I said "Yeah, I really do like them". He then proceded to tell me that they were the sign of water/rain and fertility. Since we basically live out towards the desert I told him "I will take the rain, you keep the fertility!"

My signature line, if I can get it to appear are from the lyrics of Depeche Mode's "Policy of Truth". Great band, great song.

Frogs are wonderfully strange little critters, we had a tiny bright green tree frog hiding in our star decoration on the front porch, it acted like an echo chamber making it sound like a giant... pretty neat... cyclops
    ny

Your avatars and you... Empty real discussion!

Post  ny Fri 19 Feb 2010, 3:15 am

great to see you here.
    Can we have genuine discussion without
    provocation? That would be delightful What a Face
    RIG
    RIG

Post  RIG Fri 19 Feb 2010, 3:20 am

LindaMarie wrote:Mine is sort of a mystical looking flower, but I'm sure I will be changing it often. Avatars are fun! bom

Actually, I really like your avatar, looks like Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel work where God is reaching out to Adam... if I remember correctly... very stylin'... Very Happy
    RIG
    RIG

Post  RIG Fri 19 Feb 2010, 3:38 am

socalshakin wrote:

I was going to send you a message complimenting you on your avatar! I'm a huge Dune fan, in fact, I might just go put on my special edition in a bit. Feeling in Dune mood too Smile I never ever liked any of the attempted remakes that they tried to do for Sci Fi. Never had the touch that David Lynch did, and being a big David Lynch fan too, nothing compares to the original, with Kyle MacLaughlin and Sting.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

As for my avatar, my first one was the Goddess Gaia, one with the Earth. I am born on Earth Day, so I've always felt a very close connection to our planet and to nature. My current avatar is a buttermilk buckskin Arabian mare, my dream horse. I hope to be fortunate enough one day to own one. My mom would say I have a deathwish when it comes to horses as I nearly lost my life in a jumping accident in 2001. I can't stay away from them, but I no longer jump. At least not yet Laughing

Dune... yeah, it's kinda hard to beat the Lynch version, but still liked the two mini series... Neutral

And I loved the Earth Goddess images I've seen floating around here!... Was yours the blue tone pregnant Earth Mother? That was my fav so far... Cool
    Polly, AZ
    Polly, AZ

Your avatars and you... Empty You and your avatar - thank you Kate!

Post  Polly, AZ Fri 19 Feb 2010, 4:40 am

Thank you Kate for the help selecting an avatar. That UCP link really helped. Hope mine shows up. I loved the Wizard from the Lord of the Rings Very Happy
    socalshakin
    socalshakin

Post  socalshakin Fri 19 Feb 2010, 6:36 am

RIG wrote:
    socalshakin wrote:

Dune... yeah, it's kinda hard to beat the Lynch version, but still liked the two mini series... Neutral

And I loved the Earth Goddess images I've seen floating around here!... Was yours the blue tone pregnant Earth Mother? That was my fav so far... Cool
    c

Mmm. Yes, the pregnant Earth Mother was mine, on my Admin login, I absolutely loved that one, found it as my first link in the search for Mother Earth Smile
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Post  Nightmoves Fri 19 Feb 2010, 8:14 am

I love the avatars and smileys Rolling Eyes . I first had the lightning because we never get it here and I actually love it. It makes me feel connected to the earth and the sky.

I was checking out the animal section and saw all the cute animals and changed it to a little Meerkat, because I loved "Meerkat Manor". I was glued to it until poor Flower died and I could not watch it anymore. It hurt too bad. I have little meerkat stuffed animals, pictures and figurines. When I go to the zoo, I head for them first. I just love those little guys.
    Puget Sounder
    Puget Sounder

Post  Puget Sounder Fri 19 Feb 2010, 1:40 pm

My dad designed and built lightplanes as a hobby, this is one of them.
    angelight
    angelight

Post  angelight Fri 19 Feb 2010, 5:25 pm

socalshakin wrote:

sunny I adore the horsies!!! So beautiful. I used to have a sweet little buckskin named Dusty... Also, an awesome 1/2 arab, 1/2 am. saddlebred palomino named Melody. Smile The last one, which I had to leave in CA when I moved to CO was a beautiful grey Arabian named Gideon.. Miss them all SO much! Sad
    I must have had a death wish, as well, SoCal... Laughing but I never got over my fear of jumping... Shocked
    I feel very blessed to have had the many 4-legged friends along my journey. Shall hold the vision of your dream horse coming to you.

Many thanks for the eye-candy! Again, many thanks for this board, avatars 'n smilies... Smile
    cheers
    chatillion
    chatillion

Your avatars and you... Empty My 'face'...

Post  chatillion Sat 20 Feb 2010, 1:38 am

...could be from a previous life, way in the distant past.
    She is one from a series of head studies.
    The old one from Boppin' is another persona.
    mcyoung/tx
    mcyoung/tx

Your avatars and you... Empty Hi RIG...

Post  mcyoung/tx Sun 21 Feb 2010, 2:22 pm

My avatar is self evident....
    Teresa N Cal
    Teresa N Cal

Your avatars and you... Empty A peek of the Scott Valley

Post  Teresa N Cal Sun 21 Feb 2010, 4:31 pm

My avatar is a pic I took from my yard last year. It was a special day so I treasure it. I also have to say yipee for the smileys. cheers
    Barbara
    Barbara

Post  Barbara Sun 21 Feb 2010, 7:28 pm

That is a beautiful picture, Teresa. What a view!!
    I picked this particular bear for my avatar because I feel it reflects my personality....serious, quizzical, yet slightly stupid.
    Very Happy

Barbara
    Tiempe
    Tiempe

Your avatars and you... Empty Past Life Memory

Post  Tiempe Sun 21 Feb 2010, 11:06 pm

Hi All,

This may not be what I looked like back then but one of my past life memories was as a mermaid with a brother merman who is now a brother in this life.

I was extremely shy and hid behind a boulder while my brother watched a "seaplane" land and he talked to the pilot.

In this life my brother owns his own small plane.

I guess he has progressed...I'm still hiding behind my boulder. Cool

Tiempe.

Peace to all.
    TrishNrthrdgCA
    TrishNrthrdgCA

Post  TrishNrthrdgCA Mon 22 Feb 2010, 3:15 am

angelight wrote:
    socalshakin wrote:

sunny I adore the horsies!!! So beautiful. I used to have a sweet little buckskin named Dusty... Also, an awesome 1/2 arab, 1/2 am. saddlebred palomino named Melody. Smile The last one, which I had to leave in CA when I moved to CO was a beautiful grey Arabian named Gideon.. Miss them all SO much! Sad
    I must have had a death wish, as well, SoCal... Laughing but I never got over my fear of jumping... Shocked
    I feel very blessed to have had the many 4-legged friends along my journey. Shall hold the vision of your dream horse coming to you.

Many thanks for the eye-candy! Again, many thanks for this board, avatars 'n smilies... Smile
    cheers

WOW!!! and so would I ... but I dont think one would fit on my patio !!!! lol!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 12:25 am