Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

4 posters

M 4.4 ... LOS ANGELES CALIF @ 4:04 AM PST

Bluefeather
    Bluefeather

M  4.4  ... LOS ANGELES   CALIF  @  4:04  AM PST Empty M 4.4 ... LOS ANGELES CALIF @ 4:04 AM PST

Post  Bluefeather Tue 16 Mar 2010, 11:59 am

Magnitude 4.4 - local magnitude (ML)
    Time Tuesday, March 16, 2010 at 4:04:00 AM (PDT)
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 at 11:04:00 (UTC)

Distance from Pico Rivera, CA - 2 km (1 miles) ENE (58 degrees)
    Montebello, CA - 4 km (3 miles) ESE (115 degrees)
    Whittier Narrows Rec. Area, CA - 4 km (3 miles) SSW (207 degrees)
    Downey, CA - 9 km (5 miles) NE (39 degrees)
    Los Angeles Civic Center, CA - 17 km (11 miles) ESE (112 degrees)

Coordinates 33 deg. 59.9 min. N (33.998N), 118 deg. 4.3 min. W (118.072W)
    Depth 18 km (11.2 miles)
    Michael
    Michael

M  4.4  ... LOS ANGELES   CALIF  @  4:04  AM PST Empty damage

Post  Michael Tue 16 Mar 2010, 2:25 pm

KTLA is reporting possible quake related damage to the 5 freeway in Downey. Cracks/pothole have been repaired. But traffic down there is a mess this morning. USGS reporting the quake was on the Whitter Narrows Fault which can produced a devastating quake. Is this a foreshock? For me after I got the alert this morning, I kept waking up every hour. I didn't feel it here in Oxnard though.
    Calibabe
    Calibabe
    Admin

M  4.4  ... LOS ANGELES   CALIF  @  4:04  AM PST Empty Re: M 4.4 ... LOS ANGELES CALIF @ 4:04 AM PST

Post  Calibabe Tue 16 Mar 2010, 4:14 pm

Michael wrote:KTLA is reporting possible quake related damage to the 5 freeway in Downey. Cracks/pothole have been repaired. But traffic down there is a mess this morning. USGS reporting the quake was on the Whitter Narrows Fault which can produced a devastating quake. Is this a foreshock? For me after I got the alert this morning, I kept waking up every hour. I didn't feel it here in Oxnard though.

I didn't feel anything here in Northridge.

Yesterday, I called SoCal (my daughter) around 4pm and told here that we had just a boat load of "earthquake" clouds. They were to the East, South and West. They almost looked like what you would see in a drawing of a speaker putting out sound. They were small at the bottom and then spread out as you would go up higher. Very strange looking. I took some pictures with my cell phone as I was in my car at the time. If I can get them to post I will post them. Today the sky is fairly blue. The other thing that was weird is that it was blowing out here like crazy yesterday. Then around 5pm it stopped. SoCal called me and said that the last time that she saw something like that there happened to be a 4.5 somewhere out here. Very strange how that happened.

I hope it isn't a foreshock, but I do have the kits ready to go if it does happen.
    Michael
    Michael

M  4.4  ... LOS ANGELES   CALIF  @  4:04  AM PST Empty no aftershocks

Post  Michael Tue 16 Mar 2010, 5:23 pm

I saw a huge chemtrail this morning in Oxnard/Camarillo. Its also weird that there has been no aftershocks to the quake. Yes each quake is different especially when they are on different faults. But the Redlands had aftershocks. Juilan had aftershocks. I do remember the 4s we had here in Ventura County last year didn't produce aftershocks either. I'm thinking this could be a foreshock to the a big quake here in Socal that I think we will get this year.
    socalshakin
    socalshakin

M  4.4  ... LOS ANGELES   CALIF  @  4:04  AM PST Empty Re: M 4.4 ... LOS ANGELES CALIF @ 4:04 AM PST

Post  socalshakin Tue 16 Mar 2010, 10:41 pm

Still no aftershocks..none at all. Almost 12 hours later.

Something must really be stuck there.
    Michael
    Michael

M  4.4  ... LOS ANGELES   CALIF  @  4:04  AM PST Empty ABC 7

Post  Michael Wed 17 Mar 2010, 3:22 am

www.abc7.com has interesting story on the 4.4 quake. In it Caltech says

""You can think of them as creaking of the ground before the big earthquake happens," said CalTech seismologist Egill Hauksson. "So they're telling us stress is building up on these major faults. So these earthquakes are telling us these faults are active and they're getting ready for something, but we don't know when or how big."

Hauksson said Tuesday morning's quake was centered in the Whittier Narrows. That's just a few miles from the epicenter of a 5.9-magnitude in 1987 that killed eight people, but was probably not on the same fault.

That area remains seismically active, along with related faults that stretch from Elysian Park in L.A. through Whittier, Chino, Elsinore and all the way to Borrego Springs, where a 4.2 quake rattled the desert just three days ago."

Read the whole story here:

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=weather/earthquake_center&id=7332661

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 07 May 2024, 10:43 pm