Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

4 posters

DearWife - Did you get your o DOG today ?

Polly, AZ
    Polly, AZ

DearWife - Did you get your o DOG today ? Empty DearWife - Did you get your o DOG today ?

Post  Polly, AZ Fri 05 Mar 2010, 6:25 am

I so hope that he was able to come home with you ! bounce
    DearWife

DearWife - Did you get your o DOG today ? Empty Re: DearWife - Did you get your o DOG today ?

Post  DearWife Fri 05 Mar 2010, 8:11 am

Last edited by DearWife on Sat 06 Jul 2019, 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Polly, AZ
    Polly, AZ

DearWife - Did you get your o DOG today ? Empty WOW, great Dearwife !

Post  Polly, AZ Sat 06 Mar 2010, 2:02 am

DearWife wrote:
    Polly, AZ wrote:I so hope that he was able to come home with you ! bounce

Hi Polly, I was going to write earlier but my husband had me watch The Dog Whisperer on DVD, lol plus I just finished up an assignment I had online.

This is what I was in the middle of writing until he called me to watch:

Polly, AZ wrote:
    Are you nervous because you want him and afraid he won't be there? have you called to see if anyone claimed him yet? I am excited for you because i think he was meant to come to you and your husband. Tomorrow will tell I guess. I will keep you all in my prayers. He will remember who you are - wait and see. Is he going to be a house dog, or outside? And if he coes home with you, Bless you for taking the little guy in - it's a tough world out there. Please let us know when you find out something. bounce

Hi Polly, I guess just how all this came about and also the fact if someone claims him and he won't be there made me feel that way. Also due to the fact yesterday we had UPS and FedEx come here back to back. My husband went on a shopping spree. He's like you gotta buy this, that, you need to set up the environment just right. Today, UPS came and FedEx came twice. My son comes up to me later in the day and says to me not to touch these DVDs near the computer. I look and it's The Dog Whisperer, lol.

I called Animal Services and they said that no one claimed him and he still hasn't been worked on yet. I asked if he had a chip and she said no. The lady told me she'd let them know that we called and to keep calling back to check on his status. They have him down as a Pomeranian mix.

Most likely he would be an outside dog. We have an indoor gate just in case it gets cold or rains really bad which will be placed in the house. But get this, we might get another dog to keep him company which was a surprise to me. We saw which dog online at the same shelter he's at now but we have to make sure she's compatible with him. Smile

I don't know why God is so good to me. I look back when my husband said he wanted a dog but then he felt we couldn't because we have so much responsibility already, and I tell him, but it will be good to have a dog, especially for our boy. Then this comes...and it just puts me in awe of how God works things out for us.

----------

So I will be calling the shelter off and on to see Mighty's status. My husband feels more comfortable if he has everything ready first, so he's thinking it might be next week till they get him ready. Smile

Thank you for staying with me on this, this is helping me too, to share this with others as it helps me think about less stressful things I have been worrying about as of late. I think God brings certain people, and now I see even animals, to others at the right place at the right time to help us get through the complications of life...or maybe to even say, "Hey, I heard what you said down there. I haven't forgotten you. See here, I give you a gift to help remind you of the love I have for you." flower

So, Mighty will be coming "HOME" very soon and maybe with a girlfriend! You said it "would be good for your BOY" - WHICH ONE? Laughing It just warms my heart to see your family take him in, and maybe another one too. I have had 3 dogs in my life and each one brought a special love into the home. I actually think your husband will bring Mighty into the house, so be prepared. He will need a lot of loving after being dumped like that and super that your husband got the DVD on the Dog Whisper. Had to laugh about the UPS & FED-X bringing so much stuff - it's like having a new baby isn't it! Love it, Love it, Love it!! Please keep us posted, I feel like an Auntie. lol!
    DearWife

DearWife - Did you get your o DOG today ? Empty Re: DearWife - Did you get your o DOG today ?

Post  DearWife Sat 06 Mar 2010, 7:27 am

Last edited by DearWife on Sat 06 Jul 2019, 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Polly, AZ
    Polly, AZ

Post  Polly, AZ Sat 06 Mar 2010, 11:42 pm

DearWife wrote:
    Polly, AZ wrote:
    So, Mighty will be coming "HOME" very soon and maybe with a girlfriend! You said it "would be good for your BOY" - WHICH ONE? Laughing It just warms my heart to see your family take him in, and maybe another one too. I have had 3 dogs in my life and each one brought a special love into the home. I actually think your husband will bring Mighty into the house, so be prepared. He will need a lot of loving after being dumped like that and super that your husband got the DVD on the Dog Whisper. Had to laugh about the UPS & FED-X bringing so much stuff - it's like having a new baby isn't it! Love it, Love it, Love it!! Please keep us posted, I feel like an Auntie. lol!

Hi Polly, can't be an Auntie as of yet...we went to the shelter today but weren't able to see him because they said his behavior test was at a 3? Which means he's an aggressive dog (?) Rolling Eyes They are understaffed so they still haven't gotten to him today either. Our problem when we were trying to get his collar off was that he was snappy but he eventually submitted to us so we didn't have much problem taking it off. He did bark when my husband and I and then animal services approached him but I believe it was because he was scared. He walked around a bit for me to take the pictures of him without any problem or barking at me. Tomorrow we talk to the director because we also saw the other dog we were thinking about which I thought she was smaller but then when they brought her out, oh my she was a beauty! Actually I was surprised because she was the kind of dog I always wanted too - a retriever but she is mixed with something else also.

I asked the lady about her being compatible with another dog but she stated that they like to see the first dog get used to the environment they will be in first until they introduce another dog. She's a little larger than Mighty though. Hopefully we can get them both out together to see how they are with each other, but it's just a matter of playing the waiting game now.

But Lady Bird was very well mannered and when we asked about her they said she failed her first behavior test, then the second test she was at a 2. The lady who brought her out didn't understand why they rated her behavior like that because she was doing excellent and rolled on her back being submissive with her paws out. My son really likes her. Only thing is that she jumps gates and didn't retrieve the ball like she's supposed too. But those behaviors can be worked with, after all, we have been watching the Dog Whisperer, lol. If they allow us to see Mighty tomorrow, I'm hoping that he doesn't bark as he did but we know what to do if he does, so we'll see. My husband doesn't agree at all about the behavior ratings. He keeps saying that they aren't trainers, and we could see that by the way Lady Bird was jumping and tugging at the woman who brought her out. She didn't do all that with my husband. He had her by his side at all times and was in control.

Either the UPS or FED-X stopped by today when we were gone. So we pretty much are set at this point. After seeing all that came it is like having a new baby Smile I agree, I think the dog(s) will be not only be for my little boy but my big boy too, lol.

I agree with you and your husband, I don't think the person at the shelter knows what they are talking about or even understand what these animals go through. I have a feeling that Mighty was mistreated by someone. I have a friend who got a dog some years ago from the shelter and he would hide and snap if she tried to get him to do something he didn't like. Then she found out the previous person who had him would swat him with a broom. The animal has to learn how to trust the person and that comes with mutual respect. If you can bring him home, I would suggest trying to make him a house dog. He can not learn how to bond with a new family if he is left on his own out in the yard. Dogs are "pac animals" and pac animals live together in the "den" - knowing their place, but still part of the pac. He might have to learn what kindness is and how to trust humans. If that is the case then it would be better to not bring another dog in with him. I get so upset when I hear about a dog being mistreated. they are such loving animals, and once they learn to love you, they would give their lives for you. It's too bad that they don't allow your family to spend some time with him at the shelter so he gets to know you. Those shelter people just don't understand, but then they are so over run by tossed out animals they become dry hearted. Please keep me posted and I am rooting for Mighty and your family!
    DearWife

Post  DearWife Tue 09 Mar 2010, 3:47 am

Last edited by DearWife on Sat 06 Jul 2019, 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    melinda
    melinda

Post  melinda Tue 09 Mar 2010, 4:26 am

what sort of dog is this?

diffrant dogs behave diffrantly

such as...a chow will often turn on its' owner...these dogs are known to do this,

certain breeds of dog are aggressive, and i would take care in adopting an aggressive breed.

prolly you said in one of the posts above? forgive me for not reading deeply.

dog breeds i know and prefer...collie, golden lab, no labrador retriever as far as breed is aggressive,

mind ya i am talking about large dogs...there are small breeds and middle sized breeds.

some breeds of dog are aggressive...and they are that way genetically. these certain ones were bred for this particular trait.

i would not try to get one from a shelter and keep as a pet.

as far as pit bulls...i have heard all that has been said about them and read a lot.

i know personally a 4 year old toddler that was mauled to death by 2 of these and they were chained in they own yard. the baby went to pet them and...hell ensued.

i also know 2 pit bulls that were raised from pup, that were sweet and gentle for all their lives....they were raised in home with a family.

the chained pits were chained outside and had ,little human contact.

i must agree, that often these employees at shelters do not know they stuff when it comes to animals.

yet, too often these folk are like me and have known dogs and many animals all of their life and should be heeded, when seeking a pet from the shelter.

my youngest sister had her arm broken by a horse. he had been maltreated ,,,,and daddy thot to rescue him.

animals never forget! they do not have telly vision and news feeds to change they minds about what they have experienced.

you may wear certain boots one day...or a certain color...then the animal remembers torture.

not you fault, not the animal fault...the fault of the one whom did the mean thangs to the animal.

daddy has had to put animals down for this reason...and he wept!

do not go lightly into that place...of adopting animals...unless ya really overstand what you are doing.

i bless the animal!

and i love the human

melinda
    DearWife

Post  DearWife Wed 10 Mar 2010, 7:57 am

Last edited by DearWife on Sat 06 Jul 2019, 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Polly, AZ
    Polly, AZ

DearWife - Did you get your o DOG today ? Empty Oh Poo!

Post  Polly, AZ Thu 11 Mar 2010, 7:03 am

DearWife wrote:
    Polly, AZ wrote:
    I agree with you and your husband, I don't think the person at the shelter knows what they are talking about or even understand what these animals go through. I have a feeling that Mighty was mistreated by someone. I have a friend who got a dog some years ago from the shelter and he would hide and snap if she tried to get him to do something he didn't like. Then she found out the previous person who had him would swat him with a broom. The animal has to learn how to trust the person and that comes with mutual respect. If you can bring him home, I would suggest trying to make him a house dog. He can not learn how to bond with a new family if he is left on his own out in the yard. Dogs are "pac animals" and pac animals live together in the "den" - knowing their place, but still part of the pac. He might have to learn what kindness is and how to trust humans. If that is the case then it would be better to not bring another dog in with him. I get so upset when I hear about a dog being mistreated. they are such loving animals, and once they learn to love you, they would give their lives for you. It's too bad that they don't allow your family to spend some time with him at the shelter so he gets to know you. Those shelter people just don't understand, but then they are so over run by tossed out animals they become dry hearted. Please keep me posted and I am rooting for Mighty and your family!

Dearwife - I was hoping by now Mighty would be home with you and your family. I can't believe that the shelter is holding onto so many dogs - that must be expensive for them. Would they allow you and your husband to visit him a few times to see how it goes? I am going to give some special prayers to St. Francis, saint of animals. i am not Catholic, but I do believe in this Saint. Mighty belongs home with you and people who love him already. hang in there and keep us posted please. flower

Hi Polly, thanks much for rooting us on...We gotta fight, for our right for Mighty! (Beastie Boy tune popped in my head, lol) I totally agree on what you said about the "pac". A few episodes on the Dog Whisperer mentioned that and I can understand why now. Its like when a dog gets out of place around other dogs, that one dog might get knocked down or bit so it can cool down.

We called the Director Saturday but we were talking about the other dog first. We're kind of glad that we did because we saw that she too was stating that the dog needs to be in a perfect environment, she has to be indoors for a while, but the thing is she has so much energy she needs to be taken on walks more and given a job to do or something. The fence thing can be corrected. But these people here are acting like they want to keep all the dogs since there's lots of barriers and so on. So seeing this, we're just going to have to do our best to find a way to convince them we really want Mighty. Although they have him at a 3 behavior wise, he was happy roaming around our yard and I know this because his tail was up and flared out (he has a cute little tale). My son wants him, my mom keeps asking if we're going to get him because she was saying how well mannered he was during the three days we had him, I want him, and my husband does too. I even had a dream about him, good grief! If it doesn't work out, I still will feel blessed because if anything, this experience opened up a door for us to have not only just one dog but two. Smile
    DearWife

Post  DearWife Sat 13 Mar 2010, 6:04 am

beejean
    beejean

Post  beejean Sat 13 Mar 2010, 5:30 pm

DearWife wrote:
    Polly, AZ wrote:
    I am going to give some special prayers to St. Francis, saint of animals. i am not Catholic, but I do believe in this Saint. Mighty belongs home with you and people who love him already. hang in there and keep us posted please. flower

On another note, this evening, a bird flew onto our porch eating the seeds that fell from a bag we had for some other birds that came to visit several months back. I asked my husband to put some seed out for it. He warned me about more birds coming but I said it will be okay. I'm calling it the mystery bird as it was a loner and it also looked like the same one that would come around early morning and then the evening before all the other birds would come to eat. As soon as I saw it, it reminded me of the dream I had. -----
    I also saw some sparrows within another kennel we visited today for the other new dog my husband has planned for us to have. They were flying down picking up the left over kibble bits that were on the walkway. It's something how God and Christ provide even for the littlest of creatures Smile I'll keep you posted...and will continue to hang in there...thank you once again and for continuing with me on this journey Smile

Melinda, Dear Wife, Polly Az -- hey thanks you all for posting this! (And Melinda, your "pick it up and clean it up" with energy after the living room flood was a great way to take the mess in stride.) Warmed up my heart this morning. I like to watch nature's signs also. All I'm watching today is a rising river (the Merrimack). more rain due in a few hours - gollee, it has been grey and dismal the past couple days.
    DearWife

DearWife - Did you get your o DOG today ? Empty Most Excellent News!!!

Post  DearWife Sun 14 Mar 2010, 2:43 am

beejean
    beejean

Post  beejean Sun 14 Mar 2010, 3:11 am

DearWife wrote:
    {Mighty] passed his tests and the worst that happened was that he licked another volunteer in the face. Oh man this is great news!

(Praising God and Jesus right now cheers )

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Wonderful! I never had a dog myself but I see them as great company in many cases. I wouldn't be here if a Collie hadn't saved my mother as a child from a feral dog/coyote. I had made friends with a great dane and a St Bernard in my neighborhood as a kid and they were better company than some of the kids in the neighborhood who could be in your clique one day and in somebody else's clique the next. Mighty will probably be mighty good for all of you. Have a great week!
    Polly, AZ
    Polly, AZ

DearWife - Did you get your o DOG today ? Empty WOW - Is "Mighty" coming home?

Post  Polly, AZ Wed 17 Mar 2010, 1:52 am

DearWife wrote:
    beejean wrote:
    Melinda, Dear Wife, Polly Az -- hey thanks you all for posting this! (And Melinda, your "pick it up and clean it up" with energy after the living room flood was a great way to take the mess in stride.) Warmed up my heart this morning. I like to watch nature's signs also. All I'm watching today is a rising river (the Merrimack). more rain due in a few hours - gollee, it has been grey and dismal the past couple days.

Hi beejean! Good to see you here Smile And I'm happy for posting this here.

I've been seeing an influx of sea gulls flying around here too. To me seeing them is a sign of bad weather but most likely not around them if this makes sense. They're so many gathered along the estuary. I'm hoping we go there this up coming week. Thank you also for quoting me, I posted my dream. But right in the middle of me posting I got very sleepy. So I left the window opened and went to go lay down in my bed.

When I went to lay down, I prayed and asked, "Lord please let us have Mighty". And so I began to doze off...and in the middle of me dozing off, I hear the other line go off as my son is on the phone with his cousin on loud speaker. It was the shelter calling!!! My husband answered and the woman said that they were calling to see if we were still interested in adopting the dog! Oh man, when I heard that I ran up to my son and we both started jumping up and down. The lady said he passed his tests and the worst that happened was that he licked another volunteer in the face. Oh man this is great news!

(Praising God and Jesus right now cheers )

WOW Dearwife - does this mean that "Mighty" is coming HOME? That wasn't a dream that you had was it? I have been praying so hard that the shelter would call you to say you can have him. If this is true, I am SO happy for your family and for Mighty. Blessings to you all!!
    DearWife

Post  DearWife Thu 18 Mar 2010, 3:29 pm

Polly, AZ
    Polly, AZ

DearWife - Did you get your o DOG today ? Empty YES, YES, YES ! ! !

Post  Polly, AZ Thu 18 Mar 2010, 8:40 pm

DearWife wrote:
    Polly, AZ wrote:
    WOW Dearwife - does this mean that "Mighty" is coming HOME? That wasn't a dream that you had was it? I have been praying so hard that the shelter would call you to say you can have him. If this is true, I am SO happy for your family and for Mighty. Blessings to you all!!

Hi Polly & beejean. It's been Mighty Sunny around here Smile We got Mighty Sunday. He was being very reclusive for the first three nights hiding under the car. Then when we got our other dog yesterday, which is larger than Mighty. We brought him home, oh man, Mighty is a dog again. For some reason with his new compadre around, he doesn't hide anymore. He's more confident too.

His new house came in yesterday and he really likes it, he was getting too cold under the car which wasn't very good. He lost a little of his bark one morning. So we have been very busy with the two of them. We couldn't get ladybird because someone already swooped her up by the time we got Mighty. There was another female dog but someone got her too. But the combination of the two we have now is great. They are a riot and so silly to watch. The two of them come down from the porch and look out the gate when the other dogs in the neighborhood bark. The German Shepard across the street was barking at the two of them and they were just looking at him like, "whatever dude" and walked off, lol.

I think too it is good we have them because there were a few home invasions near us. People are getting more ruthless around here it's just wild. We're used to hearing about shootouts and we've had our fare share here in our neighborhood but now people are getting kidnapped as well. The dogs have been such a blessing. Smile Thank you for your prayers. Blessings to you too.

CONGRATULATIONS ! I have been praying so hard for Mighty to join your family - and now you have TWO ! How wonderful, and it sounds like they are good buddies already. Did you name this female "Ladybug" ?
    Sorry to hear that your neighborhood isn't what it use to be, that is happening all over. You have two good watch dogs now and it seems the German Shepard across the street is a good watchdog too.
    Hope your family enjoy your additions to the family and would love to hear how they are doing. God Bless you for taking two of the dogs - so many of them out there without families. Hugs!
    DearWife

Post  DearWife Wed 24 Mar 2010, 12:05 am

Last edited by DearWife on Sat 06 Jul 2019, 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Polly, AZ
    Polly, AZ

DearWife - Did you get your o DOG today ? Empty Love reading Your Posts

Post  Polly, AZ Fri 26 Mar 2010, 8:43 pm

DearWife wrote:
    Polly, AZ wrote:

CONGRATULATIONS ! I have been praying so hard for Mighty to join your family - and now you have TWO ! How wonderful, and it sounds like they are good buddies already. Did you name this female "Ladybug" ?
    Sorry to hear that your neighborhood isn't what it use to be, that is happening all over. You have two good watch dogs now and it seems the German Shepard across the street is a good watchdog too.
    Hope your family enjoy your additions to the family and would love to hear how they are doing. God Bless you for taking two of the dogs - so many of them out there without families. Hugs!

DearWife - Did you get your o DOG today ? 6 Thanks Polly! Mighty is a little alarm clock and Sunny waits and watches. Its funny because Mighty will be in his house barking as people pass by, but he also run up to people, barks, then when he is done runs back into his house. They are currently under the weather with kennel cough at the moment so we are helping to administer their meds. They've gained a little more weight since they came here. Mighty is a spark plug. The two of them were hanging out near the back gate barking last night. Then my husband goes out to get them from over there because he didn't want to disturb the neighbor's wife who works, she needs her rest. They both come to the porch then Mighty starts jumping up at my husband, grabs his hat from off his head as my husband is checking on Sunny, then he starts playing with the hat gnawing on it back and fourth. Lol, that made my day...I was laughing at how my husband described what happened. These dogs have been a blessing and a joy in disguise. God is good. DearWife - Did you get your o DOG today ? 25

Thank you for sharing this story, it makes my heart smile! Sorry to hear they picked up kennel cough, they should be good as new soon with your care. I laughed at how Mighty grabbed your husband's hat and was playing with it. "A Boy and his Dog" are so cute to see. It looks like Mighty and Sunny have bonded already and I know they appreciate people who love them. Wishing you and your family the very best always.Hugs! sunny
    DearWife

Post  DearWife Sat 27 Mar 2010, 7:52 pm

Last edited by DearWife on Sat 06 Jul 2019, 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Polly, AZ
    Polly, AZ

DearWife - Did you get your o DOG today ? Empty DearWife - THANK YOU !

Post  Polly, AZ Wed 31 Mar 2010, 6:43 am

DearWife wrote:
    Polly, AZ wrote:
    Thank you for sharing this story, it makes my heart smile! Sorry to hear they picked up kennel cough, they should be good as new soon with your care. I laughed at how Mighty grabbed your husband's hat and was playing with it. "A Boy and his Dog" are so cute to see. It looks like Mighty and Sunny have bonded already and I know they appreciate people who love them. Wishing you and your family the very best always.Hugs! sunny

Your welcome Polly Very Happy They are doing much better with their new meds but they still got some pep as you read with the hat incident. They are currently sleeping on the porch. I'm quoting my husband here: "I never had no dogs that acted so silly" and "what possessed them to be in a straight line?" Here's a pic of them sleeping.

THANK YOU for the photo of Mighty and Sunny - love them! I have never seen dogs sleep like that either, in a straight line, but you can tell that they feel safe and relaxed since they aren't curled in a ball for protection. Love the new dog houses too. I am glad that they have brought your family so much happiness, and you have done the same for them - in fact, probably saved their lives. Hugs to you and your whole family!!! I love you

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 9:54 am