Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

4 posters

Pain in feet and in thighs

Calibabe
    Calibabe
    Admin

Pain in feet and in thighs Empty Pain in feet and in thighs

Post  Calibabe Tue 09 Mar 2010, 6:33 pm

Yesterday I felt pretty good other than a nagging headache over the L orbital area.

Today, my feet and the back of my thighs (at my hamstrings)on both R&L are killing me. I wear the best nursing shoes you can get. I was on my feet all day yesterday but I have never had anything like this happen before.

Does anyone have any clues as to what this could possibly be point towards, especially in light of all the earthquakes that we have been having lately?

Since I have a real problem with my back that is due to degenerative disc disease, I don't normally look at my back when it hurts because it is like that most of the time.

Any suggestions or info would be appreciated. flower
    Linda in N Carolina
    Linda in N Carolina

Pain in feet and in thighs Empty Re: Pain in feet and in thighs

Post  Linda in N Carolina Tue 09 Mar 2010, 10:08 pm

Hey, CALI: Yes, I do understand your symptoms of heavy legs. It was a new one for me when I was out "home" visiting SO CAL last summer. I could barely walk, legs so heavy, feet aching. I noticed that as soon as I got back to N Carolina, I was perfectly fine. WELL, within a day they had a 5.something quake (I think it was in the Ontario area...
    Yesterday I had a horrible, almost migraine headache, achey legs, and felt dizzy three different times. Low and behold, I see a few four-pointers hit CA yesterday. Today, the head is fine, but feet and legs aching and dizzy once or twice this morning. I fear things are building in CA...scary with what is going on, isn't it???'
    Blessings to all, I am still a part of you, just 3,000 miles away! Pain in feet and in thighs Herz
    Calibabe
    Calibabe
    Admin

Post  Calibabe Tue 09 Mar 2010, 10:14 pm

Linda in N Carolina wrote:Hey, CALI: Yes, I do understand your symptoms of heavy legs. It was a new one for me when I was out "home" visiting SO CAL last summer. I could barely walk, legs so heavy, feet aching. I noticed that as soon as I got back to N Carolina, I was perfectly fine. WELL, within a day they had a 5.something quake (I think it was in the Ontario area...
    Yesterday I had a horrible, almost migraine headache, achey legs, and felt dizzy three different times. Low and behold, I see a few four-pointers hit CA yesterday. Today, the head is fine, but feet and legs aching and dizzy once or twice this morning. I fear things are building in CA...scary with what is going on, isn't it???'
    Blessings to all, I am still a part of you, just 3,000 miles away! Pain in feet and in thighs Herz

Thanks Linda. I have had a number of things happen with my back and have come to expect that. When this started this morning with my legs and feet I got a little concerned. My legs and feet NEVER, ever ache.

Yeah it is a bit scary with what is or isn't going on out here. Everyone one that I have talked to the past week or so has said the same thing--something is brewing. We don't know what but something is happening or about to happen.

I guess all we can do is hang on and go for the ride! affraid
    Linda in N Carolina
    Linda in N Carolina

Post  Linda in N Carolina Tue 09 Mar 2010, 10:17 pm

Well, hang on tight, and enjoy the ride!!!
    Calibabe
    Calibabe
    Admin

Post  Calibabe Tue 09 Mar 2010, 11:20 pm

Linda in N Carolina wrote:Well, hang on tight, and enjoy the ride!!!

Well I hope it isn't like the last one we took. There was a 4.8 or 5.1, I can't remember which (must be a "senior moment" like my mom used to say)happened around 11:45p-12:45a. We have a California King size bed that has a headboard and foot board that have marble inlays in them along with curved iron posts on all sides and a Select Comfort mattress, and the bed literally came off the floor about a half a dozen times--up and down--like the Exorcist. This bed is extremely heavy to move. It made my husband and I sit straight up in bed. My son, who was laying on the floor in his room watching "JAG" ran out yelling "earthquake, earthquake". He said he felt the shaking before it got large enough to cause the bed to move, but he said he tried to get out his bedroom door to warn us but it was too quick. My poor mini-schnauzer Mandi, vibrated all night long until around 3:30 in the morning. I think both of us were waiting for the next thump, but it never came. Finally we were both so tired we drifted off to sleep. My husband went right back to sleep. He can do that even after drinking almost a pot of coffee. Yikes, I would be up all night if I drank that much coffee before bed. It was certainly a freaky feeling. At first I thought it was my son trying to wake us up because something was wrong. We also had a two-story house at the time, which we moved from last year and now have a one-story house.

Well whatever happens at least we have water and food to last us almost a month. Plus we have enough gas that I can cook with so we can take whatever we have in the fridge and cook it to freeze it, providing we get electricity back up. Have thought about buying one of those small TV's that you can plug in to either an extension cord and then run it off of a generator. We have one of those as well. Probably the best investment we made. We lost power at the other house during one of those wildfires and we ran the generator to keep the fridge and freezer cold. It worked really well.
    kay.so.or
    kay.so.or

Pain in feet and in thighs Empty me too....left foot...headache...

Post  kay.so.or Wed 10 Mar 2010, 12:18 am

headache started today....left foot, at the joint of big toe very painful...now headache is
    migrating to the upper right temple area...

left lower jaw the other day...

lower back better, but sure not gone yet!!!

oboy!!!!!
    Linda in N Carolina
    Linda in N Carolina

Post  Linda in N Carolina Wed 10 Mar 2010, 2:23 am

CALI: Did you live in Northridge during the "BIGGIE"??? I'll never forget that one! We were in Irvine (quite some distance!) and it was the first time I could see the hallway ripple...yep, WAVES coming down the hallway as if we were in the ocean, but it was the cement and flooring causing the waves. People that haven't been in quakes don't realize you actually hear them, too, and can turn to where the sound is coming from, and it's as if you are watching a tennis game, your head slowly goes from one side to the other as the sound wave ripples past!
    Out here, we have a small chance of tornadoes (they don't hit the charlotte area much) and of course violent thunderstorms, and a bit of snow. Not too bad of a weather area. Guess we could get a huge quake, as there are faults, but not likely...BUT, I still have a load of food in storage, enough to last awhile (and is helpful during the long summers when teachers get no MONEY!!!
    I'm still worried about a quake, too many have too many symptoms! Feet are feeling old and sore tonight, but no headache, and no dizzies since this morning
    Blessings to all...my friends and relatives are all on the west coast, except my two boys... I pray daily for your safety!
    Rose8
    Rose8

Post  Rose8 Wed 10 Mar 2010, 2:22 pm

I'm not feeling alot the last few days, probably just from being drained and trying to get out of my head and ignore the symptoms so it doesn't get to me. I don't want to focus too heavily on things right now so I haven't. I just have the arm pain. Can't ignore it. Nothing in my legs, all. Tops of feet hurt but I think it's just that they're cold.
    Calibabe
    Calibabe
    Admin

Post  Calibabe Wed 10 Mar 2010, 7:43 pm

Linda in N Carolina wrote:CALI: Did you live in Northridge during the "BIGGIE"??? I'll never forget that one! We were in Irvine (quite some distance!) and it was the first time I could see the hallway ripple...yep, WAVES coming down the hallway as if we were in the ocean, but it was the cement and flooring causing the waves. People that haven't been in quakes don't realize you actually hear them, too, and can turn to where the sound is coming from, and it's as if you are watching a tennis game, your head slowly goes from one side to the other as the sound wave ripples past!
    Out here, we have a small chance of tornadoes (they don't hit the charlotte area much) and of course violent thunderstorms, and a bit of snow. Not too bad of a weather area. Guess we could get a huge quake, as there are faults, but not likely...BUT, I still have a load of food in storage, enough to last awhile (and is helpful during the long summers when teachers get no MONEY!!!
    I'm still worried about a quake, too many have too many symptoms! Feet are feeling old and sore tonight, but no headache, and no dizzies since this morning
    Blessings to all...my friends and relatives are all on the west coast, except my two boys... I pray daily for your safety!

No thankfully I wasn't out here then. We moved out here in 2001, about two months before the 9/11 attacks. I have been in some wierd places out here when there have been earthquakes. One time my husband and I were in Home Depot in Santa Clarita and all of a sudden I got this seasick feeling and I looked up at the lights and everything was swaying. We were in an isle that had nothing but PVC piping and copper piping. I dropped what items I had in my hand and told my husband "Get out of here now" and he followed me as I ran out of the store. He didn't feel anything and was kind of mad that I went out. When we got in the car and turned on the radio, sure enough there had been an earthquake that happened about 120 miles from where we were. It was a spooky feeling. I also went through the Loma Prieta earthquake with my best friend on the phone. I was in NJ at the time and she had called me to talk. As were were talking about something she stopped in mid-sentence and all of a sudden I started to hear this huge rumbling and she began to scream. I totally freaked out and kept saying "What is wrong, what is happening?" She finally yelled out "we are having an earthquake". It was so freaky being 3,000 miles away and literally going through the quake without experiencing the shaking. We had the TV on as well as we were watching the World Series. It was bizarre. We never lost the phone line which really amazed me. I told her I would call her mom and let her know that she was alright. Good thing because you couldn't get through for about a day or so. Her mom, who was my mom's best friend, is like my aunt. When I told her what happened she was surprised that we didn't lose the phone connection either. Very strange.

I have been through about half a dozen small shakers. Nothing over a 5.1, so when we do get a large one it will be quite an experience for us. Like I said, I am really glad that we took the C.E.R.T course that we took about 2 years ago. We did it mainly for our son, who is going to the fire academy this year. We thought it would be a good idea for him to get some exposure to what the fire department would be like. He did extremely well in the course. We also took a CPR course as well. For my husband and I (we were both EMT's) it was a refresher on the emergency medical portion of the course. The earthquake portion really opened our eyes. We got to see pictures that LAFD and LACoFD took of the Northridge quake and it was I think a wake up call for us as to what to expect when a quake of that magnitude or larger hits. Even both fire departments said "it isn't a question of if, it is a question of when".

My legs still ache today but not as bad as yesterday. Today I have a L side headache that is low and dull. I get migraines so this is more of an annoyance than anything else. Last night I didn't sleep that well again. I kept waking up every hour on the hour until around 3:45am. I had to get up at 4:15 so that wasn't much sleep. Now I am home so I can probably take a small nap in the afternoon, but I don't like to do that as it throws off my natural sleep pattern. If this headache persists or gets worse I think I will probably go and try to relax for a bit.

I know all about the thunderstorms that the East Coast gets. I was born and raised in NJ and moved to FL when I was in my mid 30's. Between the heat and humidity of the summer, it just bakes and thunderstorms are a natural part of that. I went through 2 hurricanes and I even went through a tornado in FL. That was a wild experience. I had to have some surgery on my jaw (my wisdom teeth were imploding my back molars) and it was Halloween weekend. I had turned on the television in the morning because when my daughter had gotten up for school she called me to look at the sky. It was literally blood red. I had never seen the sky like that in the morning and I remembered the old sailor's saying "Red sky in morning, sailors warning, Red sky at night, sailor's delight". I woke up my husband and he said "Wow, I better get some stuff at the property tied down, looks like we are gonna get one heck of a storm". About an hour and a half later after I had taken my son to school, the television started to beep a warning. I called my office which was right across the street from where I lived and told my staff to take cover. It was for a tornado that was spotted in Indian Rocks Beach, which was right by my mother-in-laws condo. I went outside looking for my husband and went up to the clubhouse and around the pool but I couldn't find him. As I was getting back to our apartment it really started to rumble and the wind picked up. As I looked back, I could see the tornado coming. I ran to the door, and tried to pull it open but the door started to bow on me. Finally I got inside and grabbed my dog, Madison, and we curled up on the floor of the living room. As I looked around I noticed that everything was glass and I picked her up and went to the bathroom and closed the door. I was really scared. The wind was howling and you could hear things being ripped apart. Finally it got really quiet and I began to hear sirens. As I looked outside, things were all over the place. I called our corporate office in NY and told them that we had just been hit by a tornado and that I hadn't been over to the office yet but that no one was answering. I finally put my rain coat on and jumped in my car and when I got to the intersection of the road I was shocked. The tornado took the A/C units off the top of the building and had put them right smack in the middle of the road. I finally found a place to park and ran to the building my staff was in. Thankfully everyone was alright. Then I called the schools that my daugther and son were in. The elementary school said everything was alright. However the high school my daughter went to had taken a direct hit. I was totally freaked out and drove over to the school and picked her up. She was pretty shaken by the tornado and had seen it coming toward the school.

So having lived in the northeast, I have gone through blizzards, floods, hurricanes and tornadoes. I guess it only fits that I live in a place that now has earthquakes. Hopefully my track record will leave that one space open and nothing will happen, however that is probably a long shot. Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 1:35 pm