Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

+4
Irish
Don in Hollister
Steven_Redlands
SonicSal
8 posters

Redlands Swarm

SonicSal
    SonicSal

Redlands Swarm Empty Redlands Swarm

Post  SonicSal Thu 18 Feb 2010, 2:18 pm

This area has really been active over the past several days, and am expecting some more intense activity there for next week.
    Steven_Redlands

Redlands Swarm Empty Re: Redlands Swarm

Post  Steven_Redlands Fri 19 Feb 2010, 5:28 am

As a Redlands resident, i have noticed the recent actvity since the 13th. I'm thinking this is not normal activity after the 4.1 quake. but, I don't know...
    Don in Hollister

Post  Don in Hollister Fri 19 Feb 2010, 11:54 am

Hi SonicSal, Steven. There's nothing unusual about the number of aftershocks for a quake of a magnitude 4.1M.

The radius used to make the map was 6Km which is 3.75 miles. The quake is in the middle of that radius. Ignore the red quake. The quake you're interested in is located just below it. Keep in mind the quake is in the center of the radius. What do you see that is peculiar? Take Care...Don

https://2img.net/h/i5.photobucket.com/albums/y151/Quakemeister/Redlandsquake.jpg?t=1266580202[img][/img]
    SonicSal
    SonicSal

Post  SonicSal Fri 19 Feb 2010, 3:29 pm

There's a theory suggesting that closely packed micro swarms, maybe indicative of a larger quake to come. Judging by the map, I would have to say these swarms definitely look closely packed. Shocked
    Irish

Redlands Swarm Empty redlands swarm

Post  Irish Fri 19 Feb 2010, 4:32 pm

My question Don: Is it unusual to have the biggest aftershocks several days after the main shock?
    Thanks
    Steven_Redlands

Post  Steven_Redlands Fri 19 Feb 2010, 8:28 pm

We just had 3 3+ earthquakes within 3 mins about 20 mins ago http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsus/Maps/US2/33.35.-118.-116.php
    Don in Hollister

Redlands Swarm Empty Redlands swarm

Post  Don in Hollister Fri 19 Feb 2010, 10:09 pm

Hi All. The 4.1M quake was a strike slip with normal fault component. That means the quakes motion was right lateral with some down slip. That's could be an indication that the area is loosening up.

What seems odd to me is that all of the aftershocks are located west of the main event. That's a pretty good indication as to which direction the energy from the quake went. There may also be some instability in that area.

Large aftershocks can occur up to weeks later. You can even have an aftershock the same size as the main event. If a 4.4M quake were to occur now it could be called the main event and all the other quakes would now become foreshocks. However most seismologists myself included would not call it a main event. We would be calling it a quake cluster as it isn't clear that the 4.4M is the main event. The University of Berkeley hasn't gotten the most recent quakes on the map yet so its a little hard to tell where the energy and the greatest instability is located.

There is always the chance that all of these quakes are foreshocks to a much bigger event which could occur tomorrow, a month from now, or even a year from now. That is why you prepare for a large quake because you never really know when it's going to occur.

Now it's time for me to take my favorite position and that is to lean back, put my heels up and wait and see what happens next. I have got a lot of experience doing that. Take Care...Don
    Tiempe
    Tiempe

Redlands Swarm Empty Northern California/Southern Oregon

Post  Tiempe Fri 19 Feb 2010, 11:55 pm

Hi All,

I have been tracking an old symptom with a new theory. I have something like a chunk, chunking usually behind my head. It seemed to be an indication for a major quake. But I could not figure out an area on the Earth for the quake. Pretty much ignoring it for reliable symptoms.

To make this short, I have Northern California/Southern Oregon area on my list for 20 February 2010. (I think the Southern swarm is revving up for the Northern Major quake.) One of these major quakes took 21 extra days but I think West Coasters should be prepared from now until the middle of March. As much as you can be prepared for a major quake. Neutral

I also felt almost identical chunks for Germany to Italy area for tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone!

Tiempe.

Peace to all.
    Michael
    Michael

Redlands Swarm Empty quiet

Post  Michael Sun 21 Feb 2010, 3:14 am

Seemed pretty quiet in the Redlands and for SoCal today. Something big must be lurking.
    quaker

Post  quaker Sun 21 Feb 2010, 5:11 am

They got a storm moving in ...Storms seem to quite things down
    Michael
    Michael

Redlands Swarm Empty Redlands swarm over

Post  Michael Tue 02 Mar 2010, 8:04 pm

Every since Japan and Chile had their quakes the redlands area seem to have gone quiet but then Coso Juction woke up. I hope that is not a bad sign.
    Dona

Post  Dona Wed 03 Mar 2010, 8:02 am

I think the Navy WEOP NOTS of Gil Cosco rd at china lake should just knock it off.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 5:41 am