Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

+5
Rose8
beejean
jordan
Jackie
Don in Hollister
9 posters

My Last Post

Don in Hollister

My Last Post Empty My Last Post

Post  Don in Hollister Fri 14 May 2010, 4:25 pm

Hi All. Since it appears that most of the posters on the various boards are anti-science or are very cold towards them. They appear to be more interested in the Woo, Woo stuff. They don't submit the science that supports their hypotheses Oh they may post a link now and that looks like it supports them, but all the person is saying and doing is the same as the first person.

So being as that is now it appears to me I will greatly limit my posts the get back to serious research. I will get back to doing some serious research with the hopes of finding the key to unlocking the mystery to earthquake prediction. I doubt that I will ever see serious prediction that will work for all earthquake regardless of where they occur at.

Some peoples ideas as to hits for a prediction is light years apart compared to mine as to what constitutes a good prediction. Take Care...Don
    Jackie

My Last Post Empty Re: My Last Post

Post  Jackie Fri 14 May 2010, 5:29 pm

i am very sorry to read that you won't be around much to post Don. I for one enjoy all of your post because there is always something to learn from them and they make enjoyable reading.
    I hope you might reconsider. Your knowledge is always valuable.

Jackie
    jordan
    jordan

Post  jordan Sat 15 May 2010, 1:11 am

I enjoyed reading your post, Always learning somthing new, I agree Your knowledge is always valuable
    beejean
    beejean

My Last Post Empty leaving legacies and looking at participatory groups

Post  beejean Sat 15 May 2010, 2:00 pm

From a website page titled CLUES:

" Something is really happening. Changes are happening on and within this Planet.

An immense transformation of Earth's environment is taking place. "

There is somethin' happenin' here. What it is ain't exactly clear.....

Knowledge, and the duty it implies, passes by inheritance when it is expressed, to those who come after us. We cannot control what they do with their inheritance. At some point, the records and the research will get their proper due.

We'll be sad to see you leave the boards -- but at least print out some of the interesting posts you had like your recent travel guide to the hot springs, to save for later. Back in the 1980's, I contributed to a board called Argus. I like to look back on some of the writings from then. So, if you are absolutely determined to leave all us woo-woos, then kindly keep a little legacy. And above all, know you are missed. Sad
    Rose8
    Rose8

Post  Rose8 Mon 17 May 2010, 4:58 pm

Don,

I think it is a mistake to throw out the baby with the bathwater like that. Certainly, there are many things that are unchartable with some scientific method's available to us now. Such as the body aches and such. Some people might find that "woo" so to speak, but perhaps there is a way to nail it down that we've not figured out yet. Watching animals behavior, watching the sky. Well, really, it's all a big puzzle. Nobody is here for a contest of points and scores. It was my take that everything here was more observation than anything, in order to give a pre-warning...a "prepare just in case" which is more than people ordinarily have.
    Now, certainly, there is an area for "predictions", and if people post their methods with each post on how they reached their conclusions then it might become redundant. Perhaps a subject for posting on HOW these predictions are reached would be a good idea. That would be a good area for you to post, yes? To put things in that you find more solid evidence?
    I realize that some people want an exact GPS location and an exact time to consider it a real "hit", but honestly, I'd rather be safer than sorry in the way of having a general/broad assessment. Certainly as stated before, distance and location can make all the difference in the world. But to become so refined will take a seriously long time. Some of the ear tone people like Petra and her crew get it pegged pretty close. Some people predict based on astronomical influences and I do follow that in a general sense because I've charted significant EQ's from 2005 to current and saw a heavier EQ registry during those times. Some might say that is coincidence. But again, I'll state that SOME warning is better than NO warning, and it would behoove us ALL right now to be alert and prepared for the very WORST.
    Science sometimes is too competative, and "woo-woo" is more relaxed and less judgemental. People are sharing ideas, asking questions, raising up "maybe's", and I don't see why that would be offensive.
    People fear that which they do not understand and in turn try to destroy that which they fear. Mainstream science, for all of it's good can be a little too narrowminded, a little too fearful, a little too destructive of ideas and theories which seem counter to that which they believe so strongly must be the only answers.
    I know that you only seek to find the truth...but maybe we're not all right, but maybe we all have true little pieces of what is the truth. We just haven't painted the full picture.
    I for one, think you should stay.
    marc / berkeley
    marc / berkeley

My Last Post Empty RE: c'mon, you can't be serious!

Post  marc / berkeley Tue 18 May 2010, 2:54 pm

Hi Don!

I have been fighting off some pretty heavy duty allergy symptoms. (Some Molds and I have some issues.)

And I have been more 'quieter' than usual, more out of necessity, but I am getting back into things.

As I limp along here at work, I have been wondering about the recent Fairfield event.

You once mentioned that the sign the Rogers Creek fault could begin to move(possibly significantly) would be that activity east of the fault would start.

Well, I'd say that the Fairfield event merits a second look on that basis. Also, I note that the Southern California activity has made it's way into the Bay Area faults and we are seeing a bit more micros than usual.

Now I know these boards aren't hard science, but they provide more more neutral ground, at least so far, for discussion.

Hope I see you reconsider, this place needs more folx like you Don!

--M
    marc / berkeley
    marc / berkeley

My Last Post Empty PS

Post  marc / berkeley Tue 18 May 2010, 6:22 pm

My Last Post 122-37

I like to look at faults, and looking at the micros in the diagram, the are someinteresting gaps in the san andreas and calveras during the recent micro swarm.

I know that Don sees a story or two on those alone, espcially around loma prieta, but I'll let him develop those babies, scary as they might be.

Oh and the electron count is falling, a significant event might (MIGHT) occur in the next 24 to 28 hours....
    kemokae

Post  kemokae Wed 19 May 2010, 2:29 am

Well, Don reading the threads here leads to some interesting ideas...that is creating an book from all our past archives...we ought to talk to "Cally" on that one. There's been some good imput over the years.
    Yeah, I enjoy reading your travles, looking over your maps..Petra says they sent you home with an nitro patch recently..kept looking for news on your blog of how you were doing. You know, us "oldies" have been through so much together...we deserve to keep going and being together at least through 2012 now.
    I gave up prediction when my fish and the tank died on me last year or so ago. I
    have not forgotten them either, as I still have nights I think I pick up what they
    were going through from an frequency incoming through the area. They were brave souls for fish, they put up with an lot...and I think the porpoise give their lives often to save mankind also in ways. I have learned from animals that reguardless of what kind, they all share the world with love also...though they all struggle like we do...to survive these days.
    Well, hope you find the time to come in now and then, esp during this next eclipse
    this summer...if we ever have an summer that is. Most people are expecting an doozy
    in things to be going on by then. Be an kind elder and tell us everything is "OK" now and then. Did you get the chance to see Will Fletcher's
    post's over in Bopp's recently? He was asking about many of the oldies recently.
    I let you go for now...hope your feeling better. When ever I'd ask my dad how he was feeling, he always would say.."with my fingers" and for some reason I would fall
    into asking him that to him time after time...it's hard to break an habit.
    Well here's to not seeing you on "Dancing with the Stars"....later.
    kemokae

Post  kemokae Wed 19 May 2010, 2:45 am

Don, if you don't have an way to get ahold of you at your blog, would you put one in there for us all? I ussually read "Don's blog" and haven't noticed one.
    Don in Hollister

Post  Don in Hollister Wed 19 May 2010, 6:28 am

Hi Kemokae. My email address is to the right of my name on my blog. It says "E Mail Me" Take Care...Don
    melinda
    melinda

My Last Post Empty science

Post  melinda Thu 20 May 2010, 2:41 am

~don~

i am one to value science.

never judge my taste in knowledge by the poetry i write, eh?

you are a scientist

and i value your knowledge.

i am a scientist too....for i observe nature.

i see a lot by simply being amongst the forests and even at the coast....i observe and ask questions of the folk whom life amongst all of this beauty.

i hope that you keep us abreast of your observations and knowledge of this earth.

come on man! do your thang~

how can we ever be educated, if men of knowledge do not talk to us?

melinda
    marc / berkeley
    marc / berkeley

My Last Post Empty RE: morning musings

Post  marc / berkeley Thu 20 May 2010, 3:33 pm

The moment tensor for the Baja quake was very interesting to me in more ways than one. Sam Clemens (Mark Twain) slept thru the 1906 earthquake. He was staying in the East Bay at the time ( hating San Francisco for cold summers. perhaps? ) which tells me that the moment tensor of the 1906 quake was probably roughly in the same direction as the recent Baja event!

Two Large coastal events releasing energy in the same direction. Anyone see a pattern here? Coincidence? Probably more likely than not, but it is fun to speculate, eh Don??

Now there was a three year lull on the San Jacinto fault in 1915 (2 M6.0s) with the larger event happening in 1918 (M6.Cool. More fun looking for a potential correlation with recent events.

I think things are just starting to get exciting, Don.

--Marc

PS. I haven't really ventured too far on the other boards, but I like this one. Maybe you might just post here from time to time. Don't go into the other forums....
    Redhart
    Redhart

Post  Redhart Thu 20 May 2010, 5:26 pm

I don't think it is coincidence at all...in fact, this is a well known scientific fact that the Pacific plate is moving north in relation to the North American Plate which is moving southwest. All points mentioned lay along the boundry of those two plates. Therefore, it makes perfect sense that the tensor solutions would bear out the similar motion.
    Don in Hollister

Post  Don in Hollister Thu 20 May 2010, 8:17 pm

Hi Red. I hope you don't mind my correcting you, but the Pacific Plate is moving northwest. The North American Plate is moving southeast in relation to the Pacific Plate, however the overall movement of the North American Plate is rotating counterclockwise. The Gulf of California is the results of this and is also the cause of the Eastern California Shear Zone/Walker Lane Belt.

We know where the Eastern California Shear Zone/Walker Lane Belt begins in the south, but we don't know where it ends in the north. The end has never been found.

There are some theories as to what will occur in about 30 million years. The first is that the greater majority of California will break away from the North American Plate and either become a peninsula or an island. The second is that it will continue though Oregon, Washington and exit near Vancouver Island. The third is that it will continue north into British Colombia.

I favor the first because of the quake activity were seeing going up the eastern side of California crossing through the Mt Lassen area and into the area just to the north of the triple junction. Look at the location of quake swarms (excuse the advertising) and note the overall direction of travel.

Another area of interest is Markleevile. Look at the quakes they have in that area compared to other areas surrounding it. To the best of my knowledge not one of those quakes are related to volcanism. They are all tectonic.

Each swarm of quakes has a story to tell. Each person who reads them will see a different story. They can't all be right, but they can all be wrong. I have been reading those stories for more then 47 years now. Each time I read them they tell me something new, or they confirm something old, but I can never prove that story, not even to myself.

Every quake were having now is an aftershock of the very first quake that occurred on the earth, and yet each quake that occurs is a foreshock to the day the very last quake occurs on this earth. When that day arrives the earth will be dead. The fire, the heart that drives the plates will have gone out. Like the fire in me it is getting dimer and will soon go out. Take Care...Don

http://www.earth.northwestern.edu/people/seth/demos/PLATE/plate.html

http://www.spring.net/geo/JohnVolos/Public/Portal/EARTH_MECHAN/structure_of_the_earth.htm

http://www.cisn.org/special/evt.04.09.18/

http://seismo.berkeley.edu/eqw/eqw_00.12.20.html

http://www.tahoedailytribune.com/article/20080415/REGION/977158167

http://articles.sfgate.com/2004-08-06/bay-area/17440113_1_lake-tahoe-tahoe-region-earthquakes

https://2img.net/h/i5.photobucket.com/albums/y151/Quakemeister/Markleevilequakes-1.jpg?t=1274385227
    Redhart
    Redhart

Post  Redhart Thu 20 May 2010, 11:13 pm

Correct away Smile

I probably should have said the plate motion along the boundry... thinking about it a little more, that sounds about right taking the rotation into consideration and all.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 03 May 2024, 2:12 am