Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

5 posters

Dream of LIMA beans? Lima, Peru?

socalshakin
    socalshakin

Dream of LIMA beans? Lima, Peru? Empty Dream of LIMA beans? Lima, Peru?

Post  socalshakin Sun 28 Mar 2010, 9:14 pm

last night i dreamed about lima beans. i hate lima beans and mom could barely get me to eat them as a kid. haven't touched them in years. but last night, i dreamed of lima beans.

i've had multiple dreams about an EQ in peru and wonder if this is somehow tied to LIMA peru?
    Vim/PA
    Vim/PA

Dream of LIMA beans? Lima, Peru? Empty Re: Dream of LIMA beans? Lima, Peru?

Post  Vim/PA Sun 28 Mar 2010, 11:41 pm

Well I can agree about the lima beans... nasty... used to gag on them suckers!
    Time will tell on the Peru angle.
    Calibabe
    Calibabe
    Admin

Post  Calibabe Mon 29 Mar 2010, 7:22 pm

socalshakin wrote:last night i dreamed about lima beans. i hate lima beans and mom could barely get me to eat them as a kid. haven't touched them in years. but last night, i dreamed of lima beans.

i've had multiple dreams about an EQ in peru and wonder if this is somehow tied to LIMA peru?

Oh now come on!! You used to eat my lima beans when I cooked them they way that I do Smile

Dreaming about them is something totally different though. Maybe you are subconsciously wanting me to make you some Very Happy

Made beets last night. Got them at the produce market that I go to out here. Had enough left over that I am going to pickle with red onions. Yummy!! Very Happy
    socalshakin
    socalshakin

Post  socalshakin Mon 29 Mar 2010, 8:05 pm

Calibabe wrote:
    socalshakin wrote:last night i dreamed about lima beans. i hate lima beans and mom could barely get me to eat them as a kid. haven't touched them in years. but last night, i dreamed of lima beans.

Oh now come on!! You used to eat my lima beans when I cooked them they way that I do Smile

Dreaming about them is something totally different though. Maybe you are subconsciously wanting me to make you some Very Happy

Made beets last night. Got them at the produce market that I go to out here. Had enough left over that I am going to pickle with red onions. Yummy!! Very Happy

I liked them?? Well, I may have told you I did, but I secretly loathed them. Just kidding, the way you made them was good, that's the only way I would eat them. I still dont like them!

OOh, the pickeled beets sound good. Bring me some on Thursday?
    Vim/PA
    Vim/PA

Post  Vim/PA Tue 30 Mar 2010, 12:03 am

ok how did she/you make them???
    this i gotta hear!!!! alien hehe!
    melinda
    melinda

Post  melinda Tue 30 Mar 2010, 2:04 am

ALL beans are good

eat them...dry them...

can them...

prepare them any ole way ya think to

beans are delicious and a comfort food.

i love all beans

melinda the dove of beans and taters and rice
    beejean
    beejean

Dream of LIMA beans? Lima, Peru? Empty dream of lima beans

Post  beejean Tue 30 Mar 2010, 2:17 am

bounce bounce bounce

socalshakin,

thanks for posting ! I've been reading some of the stress you have and there's no doubt about it...

lima beans might be a cure.

lima beans info from About.com

About Lima Beans:

Lima beans are a great source of folate, iron and potassium, however lima beans can be toxic if consumed when raw.

1 cup has:
    Micronutrients:

Calcium: 53 mg; Iron: 4.90 mg;

Magnesium: 90 mg; Phosphorus: 212 mg;

Potassium: 729 mg; Sodium: 12 mg;

Zinc: 1.22 mg; Vitamin C: 36.5 mg;

Thiamin: 0.339 mg; Riboflavin: 0.161 mg;

Niacin: 2.299 mg

Since this a mandatory to cook item -- maybe your Mom's right and you're craving some cookin'

OR, maybe your body is craving some B vitamins ! Maybe those beans will put some bounce into your life.
    Calibabe
    Calibabe
    Admin

Post  Calibabe Tue 30 Mar 2010, 6:08 pm

Vim/PA wrote:ok how did she/you make them???
    this i gotta hear!!!! alien hehe!

Well the first thing is to find fresh, not frozen lima beans. Then I shell them and soak them in a little bit of lightly salted water (sea salt is best)for about 4-6 hours. Then I take the limas and put them in a pot with a little white wine (1/4 c), a small ham hock and about 6-7 large garlic cloves (take a knife and place it over the garlic clove and press down so that the inside is visible and the liquid can easily be released), 2-3 tablespoons of butter (if you like a little more butter that is fine as it will cook into the beans however don't use margarine) and cook them until just fork tender over a very low heat. Remove the ham hock and take all of the meat off the bone. Dice the ham and add it back to lima beans. Then add some seasoned salt, any herb such as thyme, rosemary, dill, taragon, or lemon grass (I like the lemon grass and dill combination), and about 1/4 c of light or heavy cream. Continue to cook for about 20 minutes on a low simmer. Enjoy!

I have told people this recipe and they had added their own herbs and spices to make it more to their liking. Try it and experiment with your own herb and spice combo and you will find that you will really like the limas. If you like a little more butter, that is fine just add it and cook a little longer so that it cooks into the beans.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 9:09 pm