Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

+3
quaker
Nightmoves
NiteOwlSoCal
7 posters

More Redlands activity

NiteOwlSoCal
    NiteOwlSoCal

More Redlands activity Empty More Redlands activity

Post  NiteOwlSoCal Fri 19 Feb 2010, 8:24 pm

More Redlands activity AZ_R_map

Hmmm, a 3.4 and two 3.3s in the past hour.
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

More Redlands activity Empty Re: More Redlands activity

Post  Nightmoves Fri 19 Feb 2010, 8:28 pm

That map came out really cool. Cool It really shows how intense that is. Not big ones, but those 3s and 4s look impressive.
    NiteOwlSoCal
    NiteOwlSoCal

Post  NiteOwlSoCal Fri 19 Feb 2010, 8:49 pm

Nightmoves wrote:That map came out really cool. Cool It really shows how intense that is. Not big ones, but those 3s and 4s look impressive.

Yeah, the line-up of little quakes is making me just a little nervous. What a Face

But I posted that wrong. I should have posted a linked image instead of just the image: http://eqinfo.ucsd.edu/dbrecenteqs/anza/
    quaker

Post  quaker Fri 19 Feb 2010, 9:02 pm

Just had report from a friend she said they are really feeling these
    at her house even some of the smaller ones sense I usually have to tell her there was a quake because she never seems to notice I thought I'd report it .
    Conch23
    Conch23

More Redlands activity Empty Great map thanks

Post  Conch23 Fri 19 Feb 2010, 9:16 pm

That whole area makes me nervous all the way to the Cajon pass. I was wondering if those in the area were feeling any of those. Wonder if the animals are on alert there as well
    Sure we will get a good shaking soon.
    Blessings Sara
    NiteOwlSoCal
    NiteOwlSoCal

Post  NiteOwlSoCal Fri 19 Feb 2010, 9:25 pm

Conch23 wrote:That whole area makes me nervous all the way to the Cajon pass. I was wondering if those in the area were feeling any of those. Wonder if the animals are on alert there as well
    Blessings Sara

I agree about Cajon pass. Dang, I just looked at that image I posted, and the red boxes are moved around now (they're neatly atop one another, whereas when I posted it, they were scattered). Hmmm. Took a screenshot of this one:More Redlands activity Redlan10
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Post  Nightmoves Sat 20 Feb 2010, 12:12 am

My goodness, new site, new maps, new smileys, it's looking good here. Love the way this stuff posts. I never could see stuff and used to say "Link Please" lol!

These maps show the quakes so much better, usually it's just a box within a box on USGS.

I sure hope this swarms just fizzles out and goes away. Most certainly don't want it popping up somewhere else though. affraid
    Steven_Redlands

Post  Steven_Redlands Sat 20 Feb 2010, 8:09 am

[/b] About 8:02 pm I was checking USGS website for any new mico quakes in the IE, and there werent any for few hours... thats very strange.. i had a feeling that we would get hit another quake.. Sure enough 6 minutes later we had a 3.0 I felt the quake.. I sense it that it was coming..

I don't know whats going to happen.. I predict within the week we could hit by another earthquake (atleast 5.0). If the activity calms down in the next few days or so we won't have a larger earthquake. [b]
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Post  Nightmoves Sat 20 Feb 2010, 8:16 am

Steven_Redlands wrote:[/b] About 8:02 pm I was checking USGS website for any new mico quakes in the IE, and there werent any for few hours... thats very strange.. i had a feeling that we would get hit another quake.. Sure enough 6 minutes later we had a 3.0 I felt the quake.. I sense it that it was coming..

I don't know whats going to happen.. I predict within the week we could hit by another earthquake (atleast 5.0). If the activity calms down in the next few days or so we won't have a larger earthquake. [b]

I don't think the last earthquake swarm going on around there was this bad. How long ago was that, do you remember? scratch
    Steven_Redlands

Post  Steven_Redlands Sat 20 Feb 2010, 8:36 am

Nightmoves wrote:
    Steven_Redlands wrote:[/b] About 8:02 pm I was checking USGS website for any new mico quakes in the IE, and there werent any for few hours... thats very strange.. i had a feeling that we would get hit another quake.. Sure enough 6 minutes later we had a 3.0 I felt the quake.. I sense it that it was coming..

I don't think the last earthquake swarm going on around there was this bad. How long ago was that, do you remember? scratch

What do you mean? Are you asking when the last time Redlands had an earthquake/ EQ swarm? As i know of Redlands has not had a swarm like this.. Yes, Redlands had a minor earthquake here and there.. not like this.. I lived here since 2001
    Don in Hollister

More Redlands activity Empty More Redlands Activity

Post  Don in Hollister Sat 20 Feb 2010, 12:04 pm

Hi All. This isn't the first swarm to have occurred in this area. The last one was in 2000 just a couple of miles north the current one. The truth of the matter is that this isn't really a swarm. It is a main event with a lot of aftershocks.

The first photo is the Loma Linda quake plus the Redlands quake. You can see the difference in the quake activity. The aftershocks rate was about the same, but as you can see the area is quite active

https://2img.net/h/i5.photobucket.com/albums/y151/Quakemeister/Redlandsplus2000quake.jpg?t=1266665409

This photo is of all the quakes that have occurred in the area since 1980. As you can see the area is very active. I started the search in 1960, but could not complete it as I hit the 10,000 limit before I got to the end of the catalog. However using the 1980 limits I couldn't post them on the board because it exceeded the board limits.

The activity were seeing now is normal for that area. That however doesn't mean a major quake couldn't occur tomorrow for it most certainly could. However it could also occur on a peaceful, tranquil day and in a blink of an eye it could be pure hell. The world you once knew, the life you once knew, the very things you held most precious could be gone. Then again maybe you survive the quake, but are you prepared to survive the aftermath. You may find surviving the aftermath much harder to survive then the quake itself. Don't expect the calvary to come ridding in and saving you at the last moment. That only happens in the movies. There may be no calvary as they didn't survive the quake.

https://2img.net/h/i5.photobucket.com/albums/y151/Quakemeister/Redlandsquakejpgsince1980.jpg?t=1266665465

Prepare for the quake that is going to occur. Don't expect anyone to predict it. That isn't going to happen at least not in the near future. Maybe one day earthquake predictions will be reality, but it won't be 100% perfect. Take Care...Don[img][/img][img][/img]
    NiteOwlSoCal
    NiteOwlSoCal

Post  NiteOwlSoCal Sat 20 Feb 2010, 8:57 pm

Don, how are you doing since your close encounter with the bathtub? I've been thinking about you--hope you're feeling better!
    TrishNrthrdgCA
    TrishNrthrdgCA

Post  TrishNrthrdgCA Sun 21 Feb 2010, 4:20 pm

Property values in Loma Linda must be really low by now!

I heard you were unwell Don, but wots this biz about a bathtub? Did you turn it upside down and try to hide under it? lol Seriously, hope you are feeling much better - and so glad you are on this board. If you are in touch with Redhart, can you ask her to please join us ... I miss her!

Hugs, be well ... namaste! Trish cheers
    TrishNrthrdgCA
    TrishNrthrdgCA

Post  TrishNrthrdgCA Sun 21 Feb 2010, 4:21 pm

NiteOwlSoCal wrote:
    Conch23 wrote:That whole area makes me nervous all the way to the Cajon pass. I was wondering if those in the area were feeling any of those. Wonder if the animals are on alert there as well
    Blessings Sara

I agree about Cajon pass. Dang, I just looked at that image I posted, and the red boxes are moved around now (they're neatly atop one another, whereas when I posted it, they were scattered). Hmmm. Took a screenshot of this one:More Redlands activity Redlan10

Hi NightOwl!

Do you have an updated pic pretty please? Trish
    NiteOwlSoCal
    NiteOwlSoCal

Post  NiteOwlSoCal Sun 21 Feb 2010, 5:02 pm

TrishNrthrdgCA wrote:
    Hi NightOwl!

Trish, the url for that map is: http://eqinfo.ucsd.edu/tools/southern_california_recent_earthquakes.php

More Redlands activity Redlan12
    TrishNrthrdgCA
    TrishNrthrdgCA

Post  TrishNrthrdgCA Sun 21 Feb 2010, 5:46 pm

NiteOwlSoCal wrote:
    TrishNrthrdgCA wrote:
    Hi NightOwl!

Trish, the url for that map is: http://eqinfo.ucsd.edu/tools/southern_california_recent_earthquakes.php

More Redlands activity Redlan12

thanks NightOwl ... one of the few links I dont have ... lol ! lol!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 4:13 am