Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

3 posters

Electronic cigarettes...I bought them today

Grits
    Grits

Electronic cigarettes...I bought them today Empty Electronic cigarettes...I bought them today

Post  Grits Sun 12 Sep 2010, 3:07 am

This is my last ditch effort to quit smoking. I pray this works. This is the one I bought:

http://www.saveasmoker.com/Default.asp?Redirected=Y

Have any of you or do you know anyone that has tried them?

I was hesitant to buy it because of the cost and because I had read that it was not healthy either, but I HAVE to try something.

I had to wait 8 hrs. for the battery to charge so I've only used it one time so far and it is similar to smoking a cigarette. You still get the nicotine but none of the tar and other chemicals that are in cigarettes. I'll know more after using it all day tomorrow how it will work.

If anybody has any experiences to share regarding these, please share.

Thanks!
    What a Face
    DearWife

Electronic cigarettes...I bought them today Empty Re: Electronic cigarettes...I bought them today

Post  DearWife Sun 12 Sep 2010, 7:20 am

Hi Grits, I don't smoke but I had came across electronic cigs a couple of months ago and shared some links with my cousins.

This was the first video I saw on it:

This guy seems rather happy about it, he even modified his to make more vapors.

This is a review of the Volcano Disposable e-cigs:

There are several other brands, one off hand is NJOY and Blu-Cig. There is supposed to be a Cigar brand coming out and was shown at the Consumer electronics show in 2009:

This article came out 1 day ago:
    FDA cracks down on 5 makers of e-cigarettes

Here's another video regarding e-cigs which was from last year:
    Grits
    Grits

Electronic cigarettes...I bought them today Empty Re: Electronic cigarettes...I bought them today

Post  Grits Mon 13 Sep 2010, 11:05 pm

I still haven't given it a fair shot yet...I keep forgetting I have it... Embarassed I'm used to keeping up with a pack of cigarettes and not just one thing that looks like a ballpoint pen... Laughing

I did use it on the way to work this morning but still wanted the "feel" of a cigarette, so maybe it's just something I'll have to get used to.

Calibabe
    Calibabe
    Admin

Post  Calibabe Mon 12 Sep 2011, 8:33 pm

Good luck in quitting Grits. I quit smoking in 2002 and have not looked back since. I just think I was ready. I put them down and never looked back. I also was tired of hacking all the time due to my allergies. So for me it was either being able to breath normally or constant hacking. I chose breathing normally.

My husband had to use the patch but he also quit about 6 years ago. Thankfully he did so before he was diagnosed with HBP and Diabetes. His doctor would have made him quit had he still been smoking when he was diagnosed.

Good luck to ya!!! flower

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 12:10 pm