Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

3 posters

Question about the P wave ~4.9 western indian artic ridge

Conch23
    Conch23

Question about the P wave ~4.9 western indian artic ridge Empty Question about the P wave ~4.9 western indian artic ridge

Post  Conch23 Sat 20 Feb 2010, 1:20 pm

Hi I was looking P wave from the 4.9 western indian artic ridge and was wondering what that energy means if anything? The way it falls over the west coast and the caribbean region seems omnious?? I have never seen the p wave line cross those areas like that. Any thoughts on that would be appreciated. Blessings Sara
    Polly, AZ
    Polly, AZ

Question about the P wave ~4.9 western indian artic ridge Empty P-waves

Post  Polly, AZ Wed 24 Feb 2010, 7:06 am

Conch23 wrote:Hi I was looking P wave from the 4.9 western indian artic ridge and was wondering what that energy means if anything? The way it falls over the west coast and the caribbean region seems omnious?? I have never seen the p wave line cross those areas like that. Any thoughts on that would be appreciated. Blessings Sara
    Hi Sara, I was hoping that Don would answer this for you. You might want to send out a question to him on the Personal board . I follow them, but can't answer your question. Good Luck!
    Conch23
    Conch23

Question about the P wave ~4.9 western indian artic ridge Empty Re: Question about the P wave ~4.9 western indian artic ridge

Post  Conch23 Fri 26 Feb 2010, 4:03 pm

Polly, AZ wrote:
    Conch23 wrote:Hi I was looking P wave from the 4.9 western indian artic ridge and was wondering what that energy means if anything? The way it falls over the west coast and the caribbean region seems omnious?? I have never seen the p wave line cross those areas like that. Any thoughts on that would be appreciated. Blessings Sara
    Hi Sara, I was hoping that Don would answer this for you. You might want to send out a question to him on the Personal board . I follow them, but can't answer your question. Good Luck!

Thank you Polly
    Petra
    Petra

Question about the P wave ~4.9 western indian artic ridge Empty Re: Question about the P wave ~4.9 western indian artic ridge

Post  Petra Sat 27 Feb 2010, 2:41 am

Hi Conch,

The theory of far field triggering essentially is for M 7.0 and greater events and while it can be whittled down a bit, a M 4.9 has no ability to trigger long distance earthquakes as it hasn't got enough energy or "push" as it were to move anything at a long distance.

Now if something is close, being regional, yes, there is a possibility, but it has to be relatively close, like within 50 miles I think at best.

Now imagine as an example if you're shoving someone with a full hand on the shoulder and the person will move, now imagine doing it with one finger. Nada. Or if a train is going down the track at a very slow speed a car on the tracks might move a little, but not off the track, but get it going at full speed and the car will be elsewhere in short order.

The best way to really understand this theory is to try and use it the way it was intended and when those big events happen, look at all of the rings and find your list of potential places, check the catalogs to find out when a quake happened there last and what magnitude ranges occur there and see what you come up with as a possibility and remember the effects last for 30 days. It's not easy to figure it out, but not horribly difficult either.

I hope this helps,

Petra

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 11:15 am