Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

5 posters

Mt Hood eruption dream

OregonGuy
    OregonGuy

Mt Hood eruption dream Empty Mt Hood eruption dream

Post  OregonGuy Tue 06 Apr 2010, 6:36 pm

Maybe it was the slice of cake I ate before bedtime? Several mountains were in the process of eruption in my dream, one I recognized as Mt Hood. Even had a sequence where I was watching a webcast video of a live camera feed from a ski resort showing the lift chair towers shaking skiers off the lift while towers tumbled. I don't have too many of these type of dreams but thought I would share this one.
    kemokae

Mt Hood eruption dream Empty Mt Hood eurption....

Post  kemokae Tue 06 Apr 2010, 10:51 pm

I'm not having the "heat symptoms" for an volcano right now..so it must be in your dreams, but I've had an dream like that in the past also..I could never quite figure out what volcano had went off though. Your first thought is usually Mt. St. Helens, or Mt. Hood but we have an lot of volcanoes in this area when it gets right down to it. All I remeber was we were climbing an hill, kind of like Walters hill or Mt. Scott for evacuation by helicopter...but we went to Mt. Hood for an brief set-down so it couldn't of been it...but whatever...it was throwing firey rocks to the point of setting the hillsides around town on fire now and then. I was so tired of climbing and weak, I told the kids to go on without me...thinking I couldn't keep up with them..it was "better" to know they made it out. WEll, as it was, I made it out also, when we set down on the side of Mt. Hood, I took it to be Timberline Lodge, I could see the valley areas filling up with water. An lot of animals trying to make it up the sides of cliffs, and debris in general. We got back in and left and they set us down to "unload" somewhere I was told in western Idaho, but I could see Mt. Hood off in the distance like you do at the Warm Springs Reservation or in that vicinty, bu tfurther away...we were on high ground...and there was water about the depth of an knee for miles all around us...kind of like ocean water. I eventually was with my daughter in-law and grandkids again, making an new life. My husband...I never knew if he made it out...but back then, he was working for his old boss...and I knew he had an airplane and knew how to fly and there was an small field park near by. So I was hoping "maybe". Where my son was at?, I take it he was with my daughter in-law. But I saw some older guys "looking over" my grandaughter..and it worried me, as I think she was maybe about 14/15 then..not old enough for sex by any means, if they got the notion..out in the middle of no-where..it bothered me. She will be 12 this month. I was an bit relieved when my hubby was forced to retire from his old place of work though..because now none of this can come true. We are all within an mile of each other right now pretty much. So I chaock it off as nothing but an dream perhaps, or hope so at any rate. At the time I dreamed this it did lead later on down the line to really tough times for us. Its been one o fsurival daily for several years now
    in ways. We could use the transporation help. My grand-daughter is getting to that age "guys" would look at her "once over" but so far the house is intact and we are
    not as yet having to evacuate it..don't know what happens come Social Security time though if we don't get some help finacially from my kids. I trust in God explicitly to guide us through "tough" times...so far, he's been doing it.
    OregonGuy
    OregonGuy

Mt Hood eruption dream Empty Eruption dreams in Oregon

Post  OregonGuy Wed 07 Apr 2010, 3:29 am

Hi Kemokae,

I had a dream a few years ago where I was on a high ridge on the mid Oregon coast and looked eastward to see the huge blast of a new volcano forming, this in the area of the Sisters. A year or two after the dream I read about a report of land rising near the Sisters. I think it is swelling by several inches each year. In that eruption dream the ash fall swirled around in a counter clockwise motion and wound up falling onto the coast range. In that dream I was trying to find a way to survive and overwhelmed by the scope of the blast, it seemed most of the Cascade range was convulsed.
    kemokae

Mt Hood eruption dream Empty Mt Hood eruption dream....

Post  kemokae Wed 07 Apr 2010, 7:13 pm

Let me ask you if you have an lot of issues in your life where your "struggling" perhaps to maintain balance and stabilty in your "life situations" perhaps. I've found an lot of my more agressive dreams are simply releasing things to an different path of travel to my life...which is not easy. Many times we tend to accept change as an "volcanic wake-up" call. When I had the dream I mentioned, I was dealing with an daughter in-law having kids one every two years in an row, they were having financial problems then, they were trying to co-rent this huge house with another friend, and it fell through miserably when he got into an car accident and then couldn't work, then got fired, they couldn't keep up the payments on this house by themselves, so there were an lot of issues, not to mention my husband's job, and my own health in ways also. I had an hubby whose boss took his fustration out on him, being he worked in the office, (it's not easy to lose your long time family owned business)and hubby came home and did the same to me to releive his fustrations..still does, but I've learned to avoid him. I mean between those two factions..and then the boss "force retired" my hubby so there we sat..with "No" income.... debts up our you know what from helping the kids since the day they married...and I think in ways it just kind fits this dream nicely. (especially the part of gettign away for an new start) It cultimated with my heart operation...prior I had an Gall stone and organ removal, and my job folded up also. "Water" is ussually a sign of "spiritual/God" from what I
    was told, so anything "firey" might indicate struggling with adverse things. Take notice I eneded up with "water all around me in my dream. (Protection?)

As to the Mt. Hood thing, there are some people that I know that seem to want Mt. Hood to become active just for the "excitment" to it...they don't live here, so they
    don't understand the ramifications of such action. Most volcanoes before they can erupt ussually have to have an "live" vent of some kind. Mt. Hood's is plugged by
    lava right now..not to say there's not something on the "meadows" side...as its
    sent some melting lahars down the White River Glacier in the past. Being an historian I deal with buying old books, and the newest thing is "make your family history" rather its truth or not, print it out and say its the truth, bu tdon't elaborate why your think the way you do, not so for me....but anyway,
    I found an old time book on Oregon with pictures in it..one of them look like incidences of my family traveling by the Allen-Bird story.. of an ancestor of their's that was present on the wagon train..and I'm pretty sure this same "Painter" that helped paint the pictures in the dome of the state Capitol..painted this picture of and an train crossing the
    Barlow Trail, tha't son an side of an buidlign elsewhere in the state if it's survived time by now...the trees were small, most o fthem hardly 6 feet tall..now they are huge..as they travelled that in route back in 1847...but what I'm seeing up there, from this picture is what looks like ash deposits from the past, amid those trees...not lava flows. In 1950 Mt. Hood released an lahar that
    went down the Sandy River as basically an debris and ash episode then...its' last to date. But let me point something else out to you..that many don't know, and you have to know this area to understand it...if you have ever had to read the "Lewis and Clark Expedition Diary"...they take the well know Indian (foot path) Highway over LOLO Pass..and they stop with other Indians to take in baths from the numerous "hot Springs" in the area...along ths route. Since I know the area, and have been with it in upteen camp-outs and hikes with the "Scouts" the hot springs they mentioned is not there any longer, which leads me to beleive that the area has cooled down since then. I think you most likely know this area in an way, if you have ever went up to Mt. Hood on Hywy 26....there is now an Forrest Service Center and buildings in the area at the end of the LOLO Pass Road...to your south. This Indian highway connected them to the Clackamas River at one time...it was the shorest route to the Columbia River for travel and Salmon fish exchanging also. Remeber, at this time the Indians were still pretty much travling water courses with canoes for the most part...made out of birch wood bark,and other woods..they hauled them on top their heads for land travel...ro simply parked them along side the river courses. They would not want to go great lengths of travel this way...such as around the entire mountain, because once they got to the east side, there's an lot of travleing to Hood River by land..and their main area of fishing was at Cascade Locks area or near The Dalles..."Ceilco". But they use to employ themselves out also for people wanted to haul goods on rafts down the Columbia River also at Cascade Locks, befoer the dam was built there later on..which they did before my ancestors, the Barlow's... forged the Barlow TRail along the south side of Mt. Hood. Even it cultimates in one area to be an sheer drop off where they had to lower the wagons by ropes. These were the only two routes into Portland back then. Mt. Hood could not have been very active back then...now there is an picture of Capt Gray's partying up the Columbia with Mount St. Helens blowing "firey" rocks and lava all over the place and its mentioned in the their history also...but I still beleive for the most part the Cascades has cooled down an bit. The area over by "the sisters" I think its an "Magma Pool"..if not just heated water..it may have something to do with Mt. Jefferson, it may not. That area is known all the way down south for its hot springs hugging the Cascades. It tends to be on an old continent platte from eons past also...I think I mentioned to you before coming from the area of Mapin, Oregon (Deshutes River) and through Washington State up into British Columbia. When you get into Washington State and go up to Goldendale and toward Yakima, your acutally riding on top of the fault line that has filled in with sediment over the millions of years...that is why on both sides of you is seen huge tall mountains, it was the edge of this platte with one platte being the hills on one side and the one platte being the hills on the other side. Some of them also even today let of plasma gasses...confusing others with being with UFO's(not James Gilliand though, he knows what he is talking about) ...UFO's are hardly huge bluish bubbles of nearly invisible "blobs" for the most part. I think with history..I've had to learn an bit about something through the years in every area of this United States...and its geology...its' foot paths, its history. Now you know why occasionally I help on specialty cases in genealogy...I can see right through the fallacies that are often told for history and they include my own ancestors at times. Yes, someone is out there maniputlating our records...have ben for many years now. I guess to keep everyone "Happy"?..or themselves "rich" more so. But my thing here, is that right now, unless soemtign drastic happens, I dont' see the Cascades as highly voltile for eruption like some zealous people do. I think they have put fear where its not meant to be...at least for the moment, you never say never these days, with the techology they have out there to "Make" things happen. As far as I know the closest known old volcano to me. it the one sits on teh side of the Sandy River in Troudale that is the GAteway to the Gorge more or less, it at one time laid 3 miles of lava toward the Columbia River and much of the river flows over its old lava bed...that's why the river is so dangerous, where its cracked, its straight down with an current running between it...people can be an on an one side of the crack ledge in knee deep water and pummet off into it unspectingly...get swept away and drown...as in the case of my "ex" sister in-law's daughter many years ago, I think she was 10 years old back then she said, the water current pinned her in front of an rock until it drown her. With so many houses, and the park down below it, you would think of that volcano as just an old "rock" of some kind now. If you go down to the downtwon Library and look up "Geology" and look at the reports of the Shell mining company they have many an map of their lookinf doe oil with all kinds of interesing information. They never found anything significant in our area, they ran into "ocean water" at the 1,000 foot depth in various places in Portland though, from the sinking of the off shore Oregon platte...as it carried water with it under the North American platte, it surfaced in pools underground around Portland, and one reason we don't feel to many earthquakes. This action is what has caused our numerous Hot springs alogn the Cascades...such as Baby Hot Springs off the Clackamas ot the south of the River, fairly well known. I also found out there have been found "dinasour" bone remains in two areas, MCCord Creek opposite the Bonneville dam..it was an oil pool and the creek has petrified tree rock in it..and on the south side of an mountain across from "Barton Park" in the girls camp there, near the Clackamas River..so we know those two places have been out of water for an long time. Have you lived here in Oregon very long? I was intorduced ot this with an school project here soemtime back with my son on our area geology. In the Library you can see an cross cut section of the terrain hangs over the Sandy River above Dodge Park also. Teh question and argument as to rather Walters Hill in Gresham was part of the Borign HIlls Formation volcanic "blurps" or if it was high plateau land and eroision made it into an hill as you know Gresham sits in an filled in valley type area with JOhnson creek flowing through it, and the "fault" of Johnson Creek also. I had better leave, I don't think there's to is to much more to tell you about this area now.
    kemokae

Mt Hood eruption dream Empty Re: Mt Hood eruption dream

Post  kemokae Wed 07 Apr 2010, 7:30 pm

Some corrections, which to me weren't there until I posted... are my "ex" sister in-law's sister drowned in the Sandy river..and the name of the Hot Spring on the south side of the Clackamas River is "Bagby Hot Springs" it's on the internet. If you ever go there take no valuables and be with others, its been an crime scene here lately..with car break-ins..robberies of people's posessions, etc......
    though I understand they formed an citizen's group to get "security" into the area.
    It has old wooden tubs for soaking in from long ago. This has become an recreational area in general for today's generation.
    OregonGuy
    OregonGuy

Mt Hood eruption dream Empty 2 mag on Mt Hood at noon 11MAY10

Post  OregonGuy Tue 11 May 2010, 7:28 pm

Earthquake clouds all over the Northwest into Northern California today.

http://www.pnsn.org/recenteqs/Quakes/uw05111903.htm
    kemokae

Post  kemokae Tue 11 May 2010, 8:53 pm

Thanks for reporting this..probably on... or close to the Mt Hood Fault... goes along the east side of the mountain near the highway there. Don't know if it goes all the way to Mt. Jefferson or not..possibly. I'll have to see what my book says about the area, but this is one of the common areas if Mt. Hood does have an small
    earthquake though. (I was back to having "water dreams" myself last night also)
    jordan
    jordan

Post  jordan Wed 12 May 2010, 12:36 am

Mt Hood has been haveing small quakes

10/04/04 12:26:23 45.28N 121.66W 3.6-0.8 AD
    10/04/10 01:07:26 45.33N 121.74W 7.9-0.1 AC
    10/04/10 17:19:45 45.34N 121.74W 6.9-0.4 AD
    10/04/11 01:38:15 45.36N 121.68W 5.4 0.3 AD
    10/04/12 04:20:17 45.35N 121.69W 5.9-0.8 AD
    10/04/12 08:04:46 45.34N 121.74W 6.9 0.2 AC
    10/04/15 07:52:51 45.35N 121.69W 6.1-0.3 AD
    10/04/17 13:32:50 45.37N 121.69W 2.0 0.3 AC
    10/04/21 12:34:18 45.34N 121.75W 5.9 0.7 BB
    10/04/21 12:42:00 45.36N 121.75W 5.7 2.1 BA
    10/04/21 12:50:26 45.34N 121.75W 7.7-0.3 AD
    10/04/21 12:56:46 45.33N 121.73W 6.3 0.4 BC
    10/04/22 00:14:27 45.35N 121.76W 3.4-0.1 BD
    10/04/22 14:25:38 45.36N 121.75W 5.5 1.9 BA
    10/04/22 14:26:15 45.34N 121.74W 7.4 1.0 AD
    10/04/22 15:00:29 45.33N 121.72W 10.4-0.5 AD
    10/04/24 06:30:54 45.34N 121.74W 6.2-0.6 AC
    10/04/24 22:28:00 45.35N 121.74W 5.1 0.6 AC
    10/04/25 05:42:02 45.36N 121.69W 0.8 0.0 BD
    10/04/25 06:01:39 45.36N 121.69W 3.9 1.6 BB
    10/04/25 06:03:07 45.35N 121.68W 6.1-0.5 AD
    10/04/25 19:05:51 45.35N 121.74W 5.3-0.1 AD
    10/04/26 17:51:53 45.34N 121.74W 6.5-0.7 AD
    10/04/27 09:06:44 45.34N 121.75W 7.8-0.3 AD
    10/04/28 15:51:33 45.36N 121.77W 5.9 1.5 BA
    10/04/28 15:52:38 45.35N 121.75W 7.8 0.1 AD
    10/04/28 18:46:08 45.33N 121.74W 9.4-0.3 AD
    10/04/28 21:43:37 45.34N 121.74W 9.2 0.2 AD
    10/04/29 03:42:46 45.34N 121.73W 7.5-0.9 AD
    10/05/01 09:21:42 45.34N 121.75W 7.4-0.3 AD
    10/05/03 03:00:30 45.34N 121.75W 7.5-0.7 AD
    10/05/03 04:42:58 45.35N 121.75W 8.1-0.6 AD
    10/05/04 04:53:35 45.34N 121.74W 6.0 0.4 AC
    10/05/04 04:55:48 45.34N 121.75W 7.5-0.5 AD
    10/05/08 03:58:53 45.35N 121.69W 4.7 0.0 AC

Mt Hood eruption dream Hoodmap.gmt

http://www.geophys.washington.edu/SEIS/PNSN/HOOD/hoodrec_eqs.html
    kemokae

Post  kemokae Wed 12 May 2010, 2:10 am

Mt. Hood has an geyser on it also about in this vicinty..most skiers can tell you about it, it's about half way up from Government Camp...I've not known of anyone
    saying they are detecting anything out of the normal for this area right now...and it would perhaps going off daily would see the smaller quakes on your list.
    OregonGuy
    OregonGuy

Mt Hood eruption dream Empty Yet another Mt Hood quake, 2.2

Post  OregonGuy Wed 12 May 2010, 3:35 am

jordan
    jordan

Post  jordan Wed 12 May 2010, 5:24 am

This period includes the last major eruption of 1781–82 with a slightly more recent episode ending shortly before the arrival of Lewis and Clark in 1805. The latest minor eruptive event occurred in August 1907.

The most recent evidence of volcanic activity at Mount Hood consists of fumaroles near Crater Rock and hot springs on the flanks of the volcano

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Hood

this is a link to the seismograph for hood

http://www.pnsn.org/WEBICORDER/VOLC/TDH_SHZ_UW_--.2010051200.html

Frank Condon has an post on mt hood quakes

http://www.syzygyjob.com//index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=35&topic=257722.new#new
    kemokae

Post  kemokae Wed 12 May 2010, 5:10 pm

So what is solar particle injection..an nice term to also say someone is electro-magnectic pulsing it to see if htey can get it to erupt? ....sounds like the "sicko" people out in the world today to do such an thing. May the fail misrerably. Let's all send such "thoughts" back to them and see what happens.
    Irish

Mt Hood eruption dream Empty MT Hood

Post  Irish Fri 14 May 2010, 7:29 pm

Activity is picking up today. Several small quakes. I have a fairly long commute and noticed weird animal activity, several animals hit by cars on the road and just talked to a friend who had a blue jay fly in his car while driving...as far as sensing goes..faint right block tone. All of this within 40 miles of the mountain.
    OregonGuy
    OregonGuy

Mt Hood eruption dream Empty 2.6 and 3.0 back to back Mt Hood

Post  OregonGuy Fri 14 May 2010, 8:08 pm

geenee
    geenee

Post  geenee Fri 14 May 2010, 8:49 pm

Is this normal activity for Mt Hood? Spring runoff etc.?
    jordan
    jordan

Post  jordan Sat 15 May 2010, 1:51 am

Recent Observations: A minor swarm of about two dozen earthquakes that began around March 21 has continued this week. The largest earthquake, a magnitude 2.4, occurred at 10:09 PDT this morning. These events are not thought to be of volcanic origin. Mount Hood produces small swarms of this size once every few years.

Activity at other Cascade volcanoes remained at background levels this week.

http://volcano.wr.usgs.gov/cvo/current_updates.php

10/05/14 17:09:42 45.35N 121.75W 5.7 2.4 BA
    10/05/14 17:10:24 45.35N 121.76W 5.0 2.0 BC
    10/05/14 17:11:37 45.36N 121.76W 6.1 1.1 BA
    10/05/14 19:03:04 45.35N 121.75W 5.3 3.0 BA
    10/05/14 19:15:52 45.34N 121.73W 7.8-0.5 AD
    10/05/14 19:23:26 45.35N 121.74W 3.7 0.8 BB
    4.0 2010/05/14 19:10:24 42.264 -126.670 10.0 186 km (116 mi) W of Gold Beach, OR
    4.1 2010/05/14 19:33:02 42.232 -126.467 10.0 170 km (105 mi) W of Gold Beach, OR

Offshore quakes where at sametime of todays Mt Hood Swarm

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsus/Maps/US10/37.47.-130.-120_eqs.php

Mt Hood eruption dream Hoodmap.gmt

http://www.pnsn.org/HOOD/hoodrec_eqs.html

Time-Depth Plot of Mount Hood Earthquakes

Mt Hood eruption dream Timedep

http://www.pnsn.org/HOOD/hoodfigs.html
    OregonGuy
    OregonGuy

Mt Hood eruption dream Empty Thanks Jordan for posting chart

Post  OregonGuy Sat 15 May 2010, 3:05 pm

The recent quakes look like typical or normal behavior for Mt Hood, nothing out of the ordinary.
    geenee
    geenee

Post  geenee Sun 16 May 2010, 2:28 am

OregonGuy wrote:The recent quakes look like typical or normal behavior for Mt Hood, nothing out of the ordinary.

Thanks for answering my question. Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 10:21 pm