Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

3 posters

Another scandal by the Catholic Church

Poll

Do you think a criminal probe should be launched

[ 4 ]
    Another scandal by the Catholic Church Vote_lcap1100%Another scandal by the Catholic Church Vote_rcap1 [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Another scandal by the Catholic Church Vote_lcap10%Another scandal by the Catholic Church Vote_rcap1 [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Another scandal by the Catholic Church Vote_lcap10%Another scandal by the Catholic Church Vote_rcap1 [0%] 

Total Votes: 4
    Calibabe
    Calibabe
    Admin

Another scandal by the Catholic Church Empty Another scandal by the Catholic Church

Post  Calibabe Mon 29 Mar 2010, 10:33 pm

A lot has been in the news lately of the on-going pedophile priest scandal that is currently hitting in Europe.

First off I want to preface this by saying that I am a Catholic, but I don't go to a diocese church. I go to a church that is outside the control of the Vatican. I also allowed my children to make their own choices as to what religion they wanted to be involved with, if any.

What these pedophiles (I call them that instead of priests because they don't deserve the title of priest) have done is disgusting. They have used their authority and used it against children. You have to be some evil son of a bitch to do that to children. What really makes me physicially is that this pedophile did this to children with a disability and in the confessional. The confessional is supposed to be used by the penitent and the priest for the Sacrament of Penance. It is not supposed to be used by the priest as a way to abuse children. Along the years I have had some very good confessors that I felt totally comfortable in telling them my sins without any fear that they would think of me any differently. I can't fathom being a child and having something like a sexual assault happening in there of all places. You can imagine the scars that just a normal sexual assault of a child can have on someone, but to have it happen by someone that you are supposed to be so comfortable with that you can tell them anything without fear of condemnation. At the very least this is someone who is supposed to offer you the absolution from your sins. Then to have that person turn around and use the confessional in this manner is just abhorrent and makes me want to vomit.

Most people settle with the diocese that these assualts have happened in. Look at the LA Archodiocese with Roger Mahoney (I don't call him cardinal because he doesn't deserve it) They (the group of those molested) settled a $660M lawsuit at the 11th hour instead of having Mahoney testify. He would have had to commit perjury if he testified. I wish to hell that someone could have refused to settle and would have taken it to court just to make Mahoney get up in front of a judge and jury and testify. I would have liked nothing better than to have watched them charge him with perjury. The huge problem with Mahoney and many of the hierarchy of the church is that they have mixed religion with politics and in their own way have become protected by the politicians. I have never been able to understand how some politicians can support abortion up to and even including late term abortions or partial birth abortion, and then go to church on Sundays and receive Holy Communion. I could not support the killing of children and then have the audacity of walking into my church and going up to the communion rail and taking the Sacrament.

I practice my faith, but I am thankful that I have an alternative to the Vatican II diocese churches that have sanctioned this abuse for many decades. I am also thankful that I have a wonderful priest who is absolutely a great person and a very good friend of my family. He has been there for us so many times over the past few years when we really needed someone to help us. When things got rough for us in 2008 (we had our house literally stolen from us by a real estate fraud scam) he came over and talked with us and then through him we got an attorney who goes to our church that took our case without charging us. Ultimately we had to decide last year to either continue fighting or move on, which is what we did. He helped us move our entire house over three weekends. He is an extremely giving person and a real credit to his profession. I am sure that there are other priests that are like him. They do their job because of the love that they have for those who are their parishioners. I have seen him get a call from a parishioner at our church and drive to Tijuana to give extreme unction (last rights) to a woman who was their friend and was undergoing very serious heart surgery, who was not expected to survive. He drove almost 4 1/2 hours and then spent most of the night with her at the hospital and gave her the comfort she needed before going into surgery. She unfortunately did not make it but she was at least able to have the comfort in knowing that whatever the end result she had done all that she could do. I feel for the priests that have worked tirelessly for the people they serve. It is just like a fireman who turns out to be an arsonist, a police officer who turns out to be a crook, and a doctor who takes advantage of his patients sexually. It labels the entire professions and gives everyone a black eye and has them under the cloud of suspicion.

I sincerely hope, but don't expect Ratzinger to take responsibility but I think I have a better chance of seeing the Virgin Mary appear before that happens. He should resign, but that won't happen either. His brother, who serves in a church in Regensburg, Germany, has said "In the beginning I, too, slapped people in the face, but I always had a bad conscience about it. The problem of sexual abuse was never raised. I believe it wasn't just the church that remained silent. It was also clearly the society". He also admitted knowing about physical abuse at the schools, "but I did not have the feeling at the time that I should do something about it". This is Ratzinger's brother for crying out loud. Morally he had an OBLIGATION to report ANY abuse. At least 115 people have come forward to say that they were abused at Jesuit-run schools in Germany. A statement by the diocese in Regensburg, where Ratzingers brother taught, said that one former student said he was "abused through excessive beatings and humiliations, and molested through touching in the genital area". The German magazine Der Spiegel reported this week on accusations involving one of the schools, quoting a former student, Franz Wittenbrink, saying the Etterzhausen boarding school had an "elaborate system of sadistic punishments combined with sexual lust". It also said a priest had masturbated with pupils in his apartment.
    "I find it inexplicable that the Pope's brother, Georg Ratzinger, who had been cathedral bandmaster since 1964, apparently knew nothing about it," Mr Wittenbrink said. So do I. There is no way he could not have know.

When the sexual assualt of children in America came to light, it was explained that it was a problem that was inherently a product of America. Not so much anymore. Now we have Ireland, England, Australia, Austria, Switzerland and Germany reporting many new cases that have proven to be covered up by the Vatican. How can you hide someone who is a pedophile and move him from parish to parish, knowing full well that he is committing the same crimes over and over again. This sad situation in Wisconsin is just the latest reminder that those in the heriarchy of the church have supported this stand for decades. The Wisconsi pedophile was even examined by a psychologist and the psychologist even said that "he admitted to his crimes, but showed no remorse of having committed them".

The problem with the Vatican is that it is rotten from within. Until people in the dioceses' around the world stop putting money into the collection plates and hit the Vatican in their pocket, this behavior will continue. The current college of cardinals is no better. They have all known that this type of behavior has been going on for far too long. I think this should be a lesson for all that if they continue to attend these diocese churches that they should also be prepared to turn in these pedophiles whenever and where ever they are, not settle for some undisclosed amount from the diocese. That is really the only way that this will flush out these pedophiles.

Many peope ask, how long has this been going on? It wouldn't happen if priests were allowed to marry. The Catholic church is evil. Most ask why did this happen in the first place? Here is a brief history lesson of the church and why I believe what happened is traceable to the things that changed.

As many people are aware, the Catholic church views itself as the one true religion passed on from Jesus Christ to his disciples. What Catholics believe is reflected in the Holy Mass. It therefore follows that if someone were to change the liturgical actions or prayers of the Holy Mass, this would necessarily change or impact the belief of Catholics. A common Catholic adage is that the "law of prayer is the law of belief" (Latin translation) "Lex orandi, lex credendi." Therefore, whenever changes were made to the Catholic Mass, these changes were minor and never substantial, and complete orthodoxy was always ensured so that the faithful would always have pure and sound doctrine in this principal act of worship to the Most Holy Trinity.

The Catholic Church teaches clearly that she is infallible/indefectible and spotless in the promulgation of her sacramental rites and sacred laws imposed upon all. It is not possible for the Catholic Church to promulgate a sacramental rite that is invalid, impious, harmful to souls, or evil. In fact, the Council of Trent has hurled an anathema ("let him be excommunicated") against anyone who would dare to suggest that the Church's sacramental rites are an incentive to impiety:

Council of Trent, Session 22, Canons of the Sacrifice of the Mass, promulgated by Pope Pius IV in 1562:
    Canon 7: "If anyone says that the ceremonies, vestments, and outward signs which the Catholic Church uses in the celebration of masses, are incentives to impiety rather than stimulants to piety, let him be anathema."

Pope Pius XII also taught the following in his encyclical "Mystici Corporis" in 1943.

Pope Pius XII, Encyclical Mystici Corporis, par. 66 (1943):
    “Certainly the loving Mother [the Church] is spotless in the Sacraments, by which she gives birth to and nourishes her children; in the faith which she has always preserved inviolate; in her sacred laws imposed on all; in the evangelical counsels which she recommends; in those heavenly gifts and extraordinary graces through which, with inexhaustible fecundity, she generates hosts of martyrs, virgins and confessors.”

There are many other examples of this kind, but these two make clear for those of us who are practicing Catholics that the sacramental rites of the Catholic Church are without blemish and conducive to the salvation of souls. Jesus Christ Himself established the Catholic Church (again a teaching of our church), and promised that the gates of hell would never prevail against her. If the Church could promulgate sacramental rites that are harmful to souls and even invalid, the gates of hell would definitely have prevailed. As all practicing Catholics assist at the Holy Mass at least once a week (on Sundays), as far as we are able, it is clear that the Faith has taught us principally and most often specifically in the liturgical rite of the Holy Mass. Therefore, in order to change the faith of Catholics, to change what we believe and how we believe it, it was necessary to change the liturgical rites and prayers of the Holy Mass.

The modernistic takeover of the Vatican in 1958 (with the death of Pope Pius XII) could never have been successful if they had only changed the beliefs on paper. Most Catholics are not familiar with papal encyclicals (which are addressed to bishops, and not to laymen), nor do they read conciliar documents; but all practicing Catholics assist at the Holy Mass at least once a week (on Sundays). So the new faith of the modernists (I will go into this later in this post) could not spread into every Catholic heart and soul except by imposing on the faithful a "New Mass" that would no longer be an expression of the pure Catholic Faith but of the poisonous new modernistic faith that was officially introduced and sanctioned by John XXIII (the successor of Pope Pius XII) and his successors, especially Paul VI.

Interestingly enough, something very similar occurred when the Anglican heretics broke with Rome in the 16th century.
    Thre break in the 16th century focused on Henry VIII who assended to the English throan in 1509 at 17 yrs of age. He married Catherine of Aragon (a beautiful woman)who was the widow of his brother Arthur. He was by all standards a very sociable person and a very observant Catholic, hearing up to 5 Masses per day. In 1521 Henry defended the Catholic Church from Martin Luther's accusations of heresy and with the help of Thomas More, wrote a book titled "The Defence of the Seven Sacraments" which earned him the title "Defender of the Faith" by Pope Leo X.

Anne Boleyn arrived in court in 1522, as maid of honour to Queen Catherine, who was in every way a match for Henry. In the late 1520's, Henry wanted to have his marriage to Catherine annulled. She had failed to produce a male heir who survived into adulthood and he (Henry) wanted a son to secure the Tudor dynasty. Catherine's only surviving child was Princess Mary. Henry went on further to say that due to the lack of a male heir was because his marriage was "blighted in the eyes of God" due to the fact that Catherine had been his brother's wife and therefore went against biblical teachings. In 1572 Henry asked Pope Clement VII to annul the marriage but the Pope refused. This was due to the fear that an annulment would anger Catherine's nephew Emperor Charles V of Spain, who the year prior sacked Rome and had actually taken the Pope prisoner. Because of this Henry broke from the Catholic Church and because of his actions by marrying Anne Boleyn prior to an annulment, he was excommunicated. Thus the Anglican Reformation began with all rules of England receiving the title "Supreme Governor of the Church of England". They changed the Mass and sacraments to express the new faith they were preaching. In his magisterial document declaring the invalidity of the Anglican "priesthood" and "masses," Pope Leo XIII pointed out what could very well be said of the modernistic revolutionaries of the 1960's:

Pope Leo XIII, Bull Apostolicae Curae, par. 30 (1896):
    "Being fully cognizant of the necessary connection between faith and worship, between 'the law of believing and the law of praying', under a pretext of returning to the primitive form, they corrupted the Liturgical Order in many ways to suit the errors of the [Protestant] reformers. For this reason, in the whole Ordinal not only is there no clear mention of the sacrifice, of consecration, of the priesthood (sacerdotium), and of the power of consecrating and offering sacrifice but, as we have just stated, every trace of these things which had been in such prayers of the Catholic rite as they had not entirely rejected, was deliberately removed and struck out."

Note how Pope Leo emphasizes the connection between faith and worship -- it is essential! The infamous Martin Luther once said, "Tolle Missam, tolle Ecclesiam" - "If you take away the Mass, you take away the Church." He was right on this point. Note also that Pope Leo says that the Anglicans made changes to the Mass "under the pretext of returning to the primitive form," which is precisely what Paul VI and his cohorts claimed they were doing when introducing the New Mass. By the way, it is probably not insignificant that the New Mass was promulgated on April 3, 1969, the first day of the Jewish Passover (recall that Christ established His True Sacrifice of the Mass at the same time when the Jews were celebrating Passover, in 33 AD).

Indeed, on April 3, 1969, the first day of the Jewish Passover, Paul VI introduced what he claimed was simply a "reform" of the Catholic Mass based on "more ancient liturgical sources" (see Paul VI, Missale Romanum, 1969). He called it the "new order of the Mass," or, in the Latin draft, the "novus Ordo Missae." This "new order of the Mass," a term perhaps with more meaning than he then realized, and it gradually came to be known as the "Novus Ordo Mass," or simply the "New Mass." Since then, true Catholics who have kept the Faith handed down to us unadulterated from Pope St. Peter until Pope Pius XII, have come to label this entire new religion as "Novus Ordo," and hence I refer to it as the "Novus Ordo Religion" and their establishment in the Vatican as the "Novus Ordo Church."

For those of us who grew up Catholic, the first realization that something had changed after Vatican II was how the inside of the church changed. Gone were many, many familiar things that we grew up with. Communion rails at the front of church before the sanctuary and altar were done away with. Communion was now given in the hand, after being taught that the only person to touch the host up to this point was the priest who consecrated it. Now there was a table. It was no more a sacrifice but a meal. Then the tabernacle, where we were taught Christ resided, was now gone, moved to a room away from the altar. Also the dress of many people went from being in nice, not necessarily fancy dress on Sundays to coming to Mass in jeans, shorts, and everything in between. I still would not today walk into a church in anything other than a dress. Many people ask, "why does the priest face toward the altar" in the traditional Latin Mass. Well our priest said it is like a pilot of an airplane. We are all facing the same way to make sure that we arrive at the same destination. Think of that analogy. It makes sense. Why would you turn your back on Jesus and God if our ultimate destiny is Heaven. These changes are by no means "usual" or "extreme". The Novus Ordo Mass as it is commonly "celebrated" in retreat houses and similar circles. Reverence, mystery, godliness, and devotion are noticeably absent. Now we were told to shake hands with people during the "Kiss of Peace". The New Mass features not an all-holy Sacrifice offered to a transcendent Triune God, but a meal that is shared by a community closed in on itself and celebrating itself. The "celebration" is banal, commonplace, and dull, and of itself it cannot possibly attract devotion or vocations to the holy priesthood, which has been stripped of all dignity and all that made it special, the priest having been reduced, in essence, to a glorified social worker. The things I so loved were literally taken away and replaced with what I felt were something that was not worthy of being Catholic as I had been raised. So for a long time, I stopped going to church, instead deciding to use my prayer book and pray the prayers that I had been taught all those years to myself and God. I knew that he would listen and would understand why I wasn't going to Mass on Sundays.

Now many people today also say that if priests were allowed to marry this would stop all of the pedophile behaviors that have happened. Really? That makes no sense. Pedophhiles generally are attracted to children, hence, if they were married or not they would still pursue children to fulfill their sexual needs. It is also not something that is homosexual either. Most homosexuals do not attract children to have sex with them. While there may be a small percentage that do, I believe that this would again fall into the catagory of pedophila. It is a sickness and it cannot be cured. It is like child predators that rape and kill children. You cannot cure these people with behavioral adaptive behaviors that teach them ways to over come these urges. You can't teach anyone to do that. How much recidivism is associated with pedophiles. The number is very, very high. The church also now, because of all that has been discovered has yet to offer any kind of explanation as to what they have done, other than to move priests around. I had always been taught that when I went to confession, that while I may receive absolution, it was incumbent upon myself, that if my sin was so great in nature that I would have to turn myself in to the authorities and be dealt with in that way before any absolution could be granted to me. I think of all the aspects of this scandal the thing that most affected me was the fact that the church kept it to themselves and allowed the most innocent of everyone be hurt. I don't believe this "new" church and its norms are representative of those of us who for years knew that something was terribly wrong, but could not put our finger on it. To make matters even worse was the fact that one of the large cases in Boston has a priest that had my maiden name. I was sickened by the prospect that this vile person could somehow be related to me. I called my dad and asked him if there was anyway (our surname isn't that common) and he said that he didn't think so since none of our ancestors settled in Boston. I did a geneology search on "Ancestry.com" and thankfully, he is not there. Phew, what a relief on that one.

I believe that the substantive changes that occurred within the Vatican II framework are what attributed to these abhorrent occurances happening. They are part an parcel of one area of the church that is in serious need of reshaping. I truly think that the hierarchy of the church needs to be replaced. How to do that is a difficult question. I think the current College of Cardinals is so corrupt that no matter who they would nominate to become the next pope, it would just be a
    business as usual change. Systemically, changes need to be made. However, who would or could be placed into those roles is what is the question is. I know that there are many independent traditional Catholic movements that would or could fulfill those roles. However because Rome has a disapproving attitude towards those who are currently involved with them, that is unlikely to happen.

In previous scandals, we have seen Rome say, as with the US scandal that it was something that was "systemically wrong" with America that had this occur. Well what will their excuse be now, now that the shoe is on the other foot and it seems like daily another European country is coming forth will allegations that this has happened on their soil. It is no longer something that is systemically attributed to America along, but to Rome itself. This time it lead right up to Benedict himself. There is no denying that fact. Letters have been written, conversations had. This time it is right at the doorstep of the Vatican itself.

I would like to see the Vatican say to each country that has been affected by this tragedy, that a criminal investigation by authorities in all countries will commence and that each church in those countries, the US included, should open up their offices and files for complete inspection. That will truly be the only way for this to be dealt with once and for all.

LaLuna
    LaLuna

Another scandal by the Catholic Church Empty "Babylon is fallen..."

Post  LaLuna Tue 30 Mar 2010, 6:15 pm

I think you have touched upon an issue that relates not just to the Catholic Church, but to many large churches around the world. It's certainly true in my own church that there is corruption in the upper echelons. I stay away and will not provide financial support for that reason. My charitable donations go to help PEOPLE, not an organization.

I believe you did the right thing in separating and continuing to worship as your conscience dictates. As long as people continue to support the mainstream Church financially, the corruption will continue. Unfortunately, the churches keep people coming back by preying on their superstitions, by telling them that they won't be "saved" if they don't attend the "true" church. Most people are afraid to leave.

Unfortunately, I don't think there will be a reform of the mainstream Catholic Church; it's probably too late for that. As you said, the College of Cardinals is corrupt, so they will choose leadership that suits their agenda. I believe the same is true of "my" church... In my case, it's like a "good ol' boys" network that supports those who conform, and dumps those who don't.

The best we can do is continue to support the "invisible church"... The community of believers from all religions who try to live decent lives outside the mainstream, and answer to God rather than to church organizations.

(Interesting that your post hit the boards at 3:33, isn't it???)

Carole flower
    Calibabe
    Calibabe
    Admin

Another scandal by the Catholic Church Empty Re: Another scandal by the Catholic Church

Post  Calibabe Wed 31 Mar 2010, 12:46 am

LaLuna wrote:I think you have touched upon an issue that relates not just to the Catholic Church, but to many large churches around the world. It's certainly true in my own church that there is corruption in the upper echelons. I stay away and will not provide financial support for that reason. My charitable donations go to help PEOPLE, not an organization.

I believe you did the right thing in separating and continuing to worship as your conscience dictates. As long as people continue to support the mainstream Church financially, the corruption will continue. Unfortunately, the churches keep people coming back by preying on their superstitions, by telling them that they won't be "saved" if they don't attend the "true" church. Most people are afraid to leave.

Unfortunately, I don't think there will be a reform of the mainstream Catholic Church; it's probably too late for that. As you said, the College of Cardinals is corrupt, so they will choose leadership that suits their agenda. I believe the same is true of "my" church... In my case, it's like a "good ol' boys" network that supports those who conform, and dumps those who don't.

The best we can do is continue to support the "invisible church"... The community of believers from all religions who try to live decent lives outside the mainstream, and answer to God rather than to church organizations.

(Interesting that your post hit the boards at 3:33, isn't it???)

Carole flower

Yeah, it wasn't be design, just luck I guess Very Happy

In the Catholic Bible (Douay-Rheims)John 3:33 is: "He that hath received his testimony, hath set to his seal that God is true".

We support our church because it does good for the people that it serves. We don't have all of the garbage that the Vatican II churches have because we don't have that structure going on. Some people would say that we aren't Catholic, but we celebrate the Mass the way that it was done by Jesus Christ 2000 years ago.

Like I said I am not the type that tries to convert people and I am not judgemental of others who practice what they believe. I have friends that are Jewish, that are Protestant and that are Buddhist. Frankly I find other religions very interesting and I try to learn a little about each one so that when and if the subject comes up, I am not sitting there on my butt looking foolish. People have to be comfortable in what they believe. I don't believe in forcing that on anyone. That is why I raised my children the way I did. I figured that there was enough information out there for them to make a reasoned decision on what they wanted to believe and how. They knew what I believed and if they wanted to participate in that I was more than happy to have them do so. My youngest son for a while even thought that he might like to become a priest. He went to the seminary that our church has in Omaha, NE for a little over a year, but being there made him decide that what he wanted was different from the type of life he would have being a priest. It was a good growing experience for him. Of course it also probably didn't help him that he had to have back-to-back surgeries to remove a pilonidal cyst but in the long run, if it was meant to be nothing would have gotten in the way of it happening. He always wanted to be a fireman from the time he could walk and that is where his true passion is. I do however have people at our church that I do see that try to push their children into the religious life. I think it is something that someone needs to decide on their own, without parents forcing the issue. Maybe that is wrong but that is just what I believe. I have always told my kids that no matter what they wanted to be, to be the best at it and love what you are doing. If you aren't happy and you don't love what you are doing, you grow stagnant. I guess that is why I love being in the medical field and doing what I do. I truly like working with patients and helping them.

Thanks Carole flower
    johnl
    johnl

Another scandal by the Catholic Church Empty Psalms 73

Post  johnl Sun 04 Apr 2010, 12:19 am

hi Calibee, You seem to be a very conscientious christian. Sometimes it seems that many good people will have to wait for their reward in heaven, but it’s an eternal reward.

I looked through half the Psalms to find this, Psalm 73. The psalmist was wondering about the prosperity of the wicked, while the faithful languished.

This is the Douay version [my comment in brackets]:

A psalm for Asaph. How good is God to Israel, to them that are of a right heart!

2 But my feet were almost moved; my steps had well nigh slipped.

3 Because I had a zeal on occasion of the wicked, seeing the prosperity of sinners.

4 For there is no regard to their death, nor is there strength in their stripes.

5 They are not in the labour of men: neither shall they be scourged like other men.

6 Therefore pride hath held them fast: they are covered with their iniquity and their wickedness.

7 Their iniquity hath come forth, as it were from fatness: they have passed into the affection of the heart.

8 They have thought and spoken wickedness: they have spoken iniquity on high.

9 They have set their mouth against heaven: and their tongue hath passed through the earth.

**** [[The psalmist wonders if God knows about how the wicked have attained riches, while they themselves are languishing.]]

10 Therefore will my people return here and full days shall be found in them.

11 And they said: How doth God know? and is there knowledge in the most High?

12 Behold these are sinners; and yet abounding in the world they have obtained riches.

13 And I said: Then have I in vain justified my heart, and washed my hands among the innocent.

14 And I have been scourged all the day; and my chastisement hath been in the mornings.

15 If I said: I will speak thus; behold I should condemn the generation of thy children.

16 I studied that I might know this thing, it is a labour in my sight:

17 Until I go into the sanctuary of God, and understand concerning their last ends.

**** [[Then the psalmist realizes that the wicked will be brought to desolation.]]

18 But indeed for deceits thou hast put it to them: when they were lifted up thou hast cast them down.

19 How are they brought to desolation? they have suddenly ceased to be: they have perished by reason of their iniquity.

20 As the dream of them that awake, O Lord; so in thy city thou shalt bring their image to nothing.

21 For my heart hath been inflamed, and my reins have been changed:

22 and I am brought to nothing, and I knew not.

23 I am become as a beast before thee: and I am always with thee.

24 Thou hast held me by my right hand; and by thy will thou hast conducted me, and with thy glory thou hast received me.

25 For what have I in heaven? and besides thee what do I desire upon earth?

26 For thee my flesh and my heart hath fainted away: thou art the God of my heart, and the God that is my portion for ever.

**** [[Whatever the psalmist has had to go through, he prays to God, “thou art the God of my heart and the God that is my portion for ever.”]]

27 For behold they that go far from thee shall perish: thou hast destroyed all them that are disloyal to thee.

28 But it is good for me to adhere to my God, to put my hope in the Lord God: That I may declare all thy praises, in the gates of the daughter of Sion.
    ------------

Meanwhile, Jesus said at the Sermon on the Mount, “Love your enemies, do good to them that hate you, bless them that curse you....”

John

Sponsored content

Another scandal by the Catholic Church Empty Re: Another scandal by the Catholic Church

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 5:21 am