Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

+15
*Cynthia
angelight
Grits
sherryjeffries
Petra
tinna
LadyInRed
Nightmoves
Betty in Texas
Maggie
Barbara
Dawn
geenee
Polly, AZ
RIG
19 posters

Gathering the Flock...

Polly, AZ
    Polly, AZ

Gathering the Flock... - Page 2 Empty LadyInRed

Post  Polly, AZ Sun 21 Feb 2010, 10:17 pm

LadyInRed wrote:just wantd to see if the new avatar worked lol Very Happy ...Lady

I LOVE yuour avatar and so suitable for your posting name. Beware if someone starts to post under the name "Roger Rabbit"! Laughing
    angelight
    angelight

Gathering the Flock... - Page 2 Empty Re: Gathering the Flock...

Post  angelight Mon 22 Feb 2010, 2:21 am

Polly, AZ wrote:
    Nightmoves wrote:I am feeling right at home here. I think when we all thought we had lost each other, it became clear, that despite everyones differences, that we all appreciate each other for just that, our individually. Surprised

I also think the little smileys and Avatars lighten things up a bit. The format on Earthboppin was simple to read, by it did lack that personal touch. SoCalshakin along with her mom Caribabe have done an EXCELLENT job of making a very homey environment for us all. bounce Thank you so much guys. Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

I agree Nightmoves that soCalshakin and her Mom, Calibabe have done an excellent job with this site and can't thank them enough for getting many of us together again. THANKS girls!! I love you

I just have to jump on the gratitude wagon to say "thank you" to SoCalshakin and Calibabe for providing us all with a home I love you

Though I didn't post much at EB nor at Syzygy, you've all become my "family." I love each and every one of you. sunny Hopefully here I'll feel I'm able to contribute a bit more than sitting on the sidelines cheering everyone on, praying and holding down the fort, as it were. lol!
    angelight/louise
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Post  Nightmoves Mon 22 Feb 2010, 2:33 am

LadyInRed wrote:just wantd to see if the new avatar worked lol Very Happy ...Lady

lol! That is perfect for you handle. flower I love it cheers
    *Cynthia

Gathering the Flock... - Page 2 Empty testing lol

Post  *Cynthia Mon 22 Feb 2010, 3:32 am

Your avatar is perfect. I always think of you as young & sassy. I love it.
    eversince
    eversince

Post  eversince Mon 22 Feb 2010, 4:40 am

rendeer Hi, I dont post much, but seeing as I might be the only one up here in AK that has ear tones and headaches prior to EQs, I thought I would join up just in case... it's been really quiet up here, with the volcano settled down. I will try to get Dove to join up. We be friends and alrighty!
    *Cynthia

Post  *Cynthia Mon 22 Feb 2010, 5:12 am

eversince wrote:rendeer Hi, I dont post much, but seeing as I might be the only one up here in AK that has ear tones and headaches prior to EQs, I thought I would join up just in case... it's been really quiet up here, with the volcano settled down. I will try to get Dove to join up. We be friends and alrighty!

Is this Corki? What was your name on EB? Isn't it great we've found a couple of boards that work? How is everything in your neck of the woods? Very Happy Very Happy
    eversince
    eversince

Post  eversince Mon 22 Feb 2010, 5:43 am

rendeer I was simply Cori.AK on Earthboppin, been a LONG time since I was there, mostly posted stuff about Redoubt volcano. There was another poster always gor mixed up as me, I am not Cork. I am Cori. Things are great up here... winter is waning and I look forward to fishing season!
    LadyInRed
    LadyInRed

Post  LadyInRed Mon 22 Feb 2010, 2:24 pm

If Roger Rabbit comes along he better be rich , Polly.lol thank you nightmoves and Cynthia am not young but pretty darn sassy lol...love you all Twisted Evil ...so good to see everyone showing up and hope sweetonion(Dove) shows up soon with so many others I miss....Lady
    Kate in AZ

Post  Kate in AZ Tue 23 Feb 2010, 7:05 am

Hi, guys!I am still getting used to the nooks and crannies on this board, kind of like exploring a new house:) Anyway, I didn't notice this thread, or this board,until someone referenced it Polly, I think-in another thread. Hopefully, we will all soon wend our way to this site. I do think everyone's a bit disoriented and feeling adrift right now. I would never have believed that the boards shutting down would affect me so. I, too, am concerned for Bopp. Just color me concerned, period. Disturbing days, these.

Kate
    Mary/Portland, OR
    Mary/Portland, OR

Post  Mary/Portland, OR Tue 23 Feb 2010, 11:26 am

eversince wrote:rendeer I was simply Cori.AK on Earthboppin, been a LONG time since I was there, mostly posted stuff about Redoubt volcano. There was another poster always gor mixed up as me, I am not Cork. I am Cori. Things are great up here... winter is waning and I look forward to fishing season!

Hi Cori - yes, I remember you posting back when Redoubt was acting up - you had a lot of interesting things to say and I was glad you posted back then.

I am glad to see you made it here, too! Enjoy the onset of Spring!
    LadyInRed
    LadyInRed

Post  LadyInRed Tue 23 Feb 2010, 2:31 pm

just heard on news last night that the Texas Retirement system is broke, missing millions of dollars and we may all lose our pensions, that is all I have is the 643 a month from my husbands retirement, may not be here long( just barely makeing it now) just praying its all not true...Lady(love you all forever)
    *Cynthia

Post  *Cynthia Wed 24 Feb 2010, 5:33 am

LadyInRed wrote:just heard on news last night that the Texas Retirement system is broke, missing millions of dollars and we may all lose our pensions, that is all I have is the 643 a month from my husbands retirement, may not be here long( just barely makeing it now) just praying its all not true...Lady(love you all forever)

I'm amazed you can survive on that, it must me hard. Are there any programs you can take advantage of? The US has to find some way to bail out the states. Most if they are not in dire straits now they will be in a couple of years. Oregon is set to have a trillion dollar short fall in 2 years. Here'a an article from a week ago, "States face $1 trillion pension gap" here's the link: http://www.theworldlink.com/articles/2010/02/18/news/states_face_1_trillion_pension_917.txt I have faith that they have some plan up their sleeves. We too are in Oregon's state pension system. If Medicare goes & the Pensions dry up a lot of people will be homeless. I try to keep my thoughts positive, there will be a way that the country recovers. As usual you are in my thoughts & prayers.
    Cinnamon in Oregon

Gathering the Flock... - Page 2 Empty Good to see all the familiar names!

Post  Cinnamon in Oregon Wed 24 Feb 2010, 6:46 am

Will still be a while until I have time to post very much. Still working a lot of overtime finishing up paying for my car maintenance and saving for my cat's biennial vet visit. And then my apartment managers have started requiring we pay for CARPET CLEANING EVERY 6 MONTHS!!!!!!

This is the 1st recession I have stayed employed. But after 5 years of stable employment, am still playing "catch up" on all those spendy things you put off when you aren't employed - like medical and dental care, car maintenance, vet visits, apartment maintenance, oh yeah....and then there's stuff like saving for retirement and eventual car replacement "somewhere" in there...hmmm.....

It's coming....it's coming.... But...you just don't get caught up in a couple years. And so...I'm thankful for the overtime. It will all end by another month. And then work will settle down to a more normal pace.

SO good to see all of you! bounce
    Polly, AZ
    Polly, AZ

Gathering the Flock... - Page 2 Empty Ladyinred

Post  Polly, AZ Wed 24 Feb 2010, 7:18 am

LadyInRed wrote:just heard on news last night that the Texas Retirement system is broke, missing millions of dollars and we may all lose our pensions, that is all I have is the 643 a month from my husbands retirement, may not be here long( just barely makeing it now) just praying its all not true...Lady(love you all forever)

I heard that on the news and hoped it wasn't true. You are sure between a rock and a hard place and I don't see how you are managing. I don't know how old you are, but at age 60 you could get "Widow Benefits" from your husband's Social Security, which I think is about 70% of what he would have collected. Hang in there Sweetie! Hugs
    Polly, AZ
    Polly, AZ

Gathering the Flock... - Page 2 Empty Cynthia and Ladyin Red

Post  Polly, AZ Wed 24 Feb 2010, 7:28 am

*Cynthia wrote:

I'm amazed you can survive on that, it must me hard. Are there any programs you can take advantage of? The US has to find some way to bail out the states. Most if they are not in dire straits now they will be in a couple of years. Oregon is set to have a trillion dollar short fall in 2 years. Here'a an article from a week ago, "States face $1 trillion pension gap" here's the link: http://www.theworldlink.com/articles/2010/02/18/news/states_face_1_trillion_pension_917.txt I have faith that they have some plan up their sleeves. We too are in Oregon's state pension system. If Medicare goes & the Pensions dry up a lot of people will be homeless. I try to keep my thoughts positive, there will be a way that the country recovers. As usual you are in my thoughts & prayers.

You might want to check out HUD's Senior's Housing (low income apartments) in your area. I have a friend who had to move into one for the same reason about 2 years ago. There are restrictions on owning assets and there is a waiting list, but the apartments are nice, have laundry rooms, special events and sometimes Senior Bus service. i think that he was getting around $678 in SS and was paying $139 a month for rent. It is a percentage of your income. He had a great apartment, living room/dining, small galley kitchen, big bedroom with bath and 2 huge closets and he loved it. If you think you might need it soon (and i think LadyinRed is just about there) apply ASAP because it takes about 3 months to get in. Wish you luck and send many hugs.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 10 May 2024, 7:57 pm