Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

2 posters

Pacific Tsunami a Serious Threat

Petra
    Petra

Pacific Tsunami a Serious Threat Empty Pacific Tsunami a Serious Threat

Post  Petra Sat 27 Feb 2010, 2:21 pm

Hi Everyone,

First, Joy in Hawaii, you have my sympathies and best wishes all will be well.

The news:
    There is a desperate attempt going on at present to get the residents of Easter Island off and back to shore before they get slammed.

A 9 foot tsunami wave struck an island off shore of the epicenter of the Chile quake and did cause damages.

Waves are expected to reach La Jolla, north of San Diego at 12:02PM and San Francisco at 1:26PM.

The California/West Coast Tsunami page that lists location arrival times is at the following for anyone wanting to check their areas.

http://wcatwc.arh.noaa.gov/2010/02/27/725245/08/message725245-08.txt

God Bless & I hope all are safe & sound. It may get really rocky here soon.

Petra
    Sheila, Or.
    Sheila, Or.

Pacific Tsunami a Serious Threat Empty expected to hit W. coast around noon PST

Post  Sheila, Or. Sat 27 Feb 2010, 4:01 pm

and CNN said that they'd downgraded the tsunami warning to the West coast. From USGS map, warnings, it's still in effect. I'll have to call my daughter in Laguna Beach since she never listens to the news.
    Has anybody heard from Joy in HI? I was living in Waikiki beach in 1960 when a 7.9 quake struck Chile sending a tsunami (we called them "tidal waves" then) a block away from our apartment. We stupidly went right to the beach to watch it, then were told by police to get the heck out of there. It did little damage there but hit Hilo on the Big Is. with a vengeance, doing tremendous damage if memory serves me. The Honolulu Advertiser has updates for those with loved ones there.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/20100227/BREAKING01/302270015/Waves-could-cause-damage-along-coastline

I was wondering if this is another "Beniof zone" quake? It's depth is 21 miles but I can't tell from the map. In any case, it's a terrible tragedy for the people of Chile and prayers go for them all.
    Star AKA

Pacific Tsunami a Serious Threat Empty Be Safe...

Post  Star AKA Sat 27 Feb 2010, 4:01 pm

Also the Marshell Islands made from coral or a big reef..lets hope they fair well.
    The ring of fire is almost is almost closed now from a big C now to soon to be an O.The next large EQ USA coast.
    Star AKA

Pacific Tsunami a Serious Threat Empty Be Safe...

Post  Star AKA Sat 27 Feb 2010, 4:04 pm

Also the Marshell Islands made from coral or a big reef..lets hope they fair well.
    The ring of fire is almost is almost closed now from a big C now to soon to be an O.The next large EQ USA coast.

Sponsored content

Pacific Tsunami a Serious Threat Empty Re: Pacific Tsunami a Serious Threat

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 8:01 am