Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

+2
Polly, AZ
Karin in E OR
6 posters

SeaWorld trainer killed by killer whale

Karin in E OR

SeaWorld trainer killed by killer whale Empty SeaWorld trainer killed by killer whale

Post  Karin in E OR Wed 24 Feb 2010, 9:33 pm

Polly, AZ
    Polly, AZ

SeaWorld trainer killed by killer whale Empty Thanks Karin!

Post  Polly, AZ Thu 25 Feb 2010, 12:35 am

At first I thought this was an old story, but I see it happened today (the 24th). The article went on to talk about the trained killed in 2006, I didn't realize it had happened that long ago. I owuld like to believe that the whale was trying to save her by grabbing her wrist and not understanding his strength, but wild life is acting very strange just as many humans. Things are not right on this Earth, that is for sure.
    Vim/PA
    Vim/PA

SeaWorld trainer killed by killer whale Empty Re: SeaWorld trainer killed by killer whale

Post  Vim/PA Thu 25 Feb 2010, 1:21 am

Here's a telling observation from an eyewitness.

The couple said they watched the whale show at the park two days earlier and came back to take pictures. But on Wednesday the whales appeared agitated.

What made the whales agitated?
    I guess we're ALL agitated...
    LindaMarie
    LindaMarie

SeaWorld trainer killed by killer whale Empty Re: SeaWorld trainer killed by killer whale

Post  LindaMarie Thu 25 Feb 2010, 1:48 am

I think no matter how trained you may think they are, they are still mammals/animals and if they feel threatened for some reason, they will attack.
    Hattiesdad
    Hattiesdad

SeaWorld trainer killed by killer whale Empty Good!

Post  Hattiesdad Thu 25 Feb 2010, 4:47 am

I know I'll probably get seriously flamed for this but...GOOD! Any small amount of research on how these mammals are taken from their home to be put on display for our entertainment shows how barbaric these parks are. Google the dolphin that played Flipper on the TV and see how her last days were spent. Heart breaking.All these Seaworld attractions should be shut down. MAMMALS OF THE SEA, RISE UP!
    Bill Silver Eagle
    Bill Silver Eagle

SeaWorld trainer killed by killer whale Empty Re: Good ....

Post  Bill Silver Eagle Thu 25 Feb 2010, 3:58 pm

Hattiesdad wrote:I know I'll probably get seriously flamed for this but...GOOD! Any small amount of research on how these mammals are taken from their home to be put on display for our entertainment shows how barbaric these parks are. Google the dolphin that played Flipper on the TV and see how her last days were spent. Heart breaking.All these Seaworld attractions should be shut down. MAMMALS OF THE SEA, RISE UP!

Naugh I won't flame you .... just a match under your little toe maybe ... lol ....

I posted a response to Kellie Marie over on LIAHO. See my response there!

While I can agree in many circumstances the situations these wild animals are put into for entertainment are less than acceptible, there are some, very few facilities that actually really care for their animals and treat them with respect while educating others. These however are mostly your rehabilitation type facilities. Case in point and a good friend of mine who operates Wrede's Wildlife Refuge and Rehabilitation Center in Sebring Florida. Dave's animals eat better than Dave does when times are lean and donations are few and far between. Dave and "Thunder" the American Bald Eagle can be found at many Native American Powwows in the Central Florida area between September and May of each year. We were lucky enough to be able to finance Dave and Thunder's trip to Alabama for our powwow last year.

SeaWorld trainer killed by killer whale Photo
    Bill Silver Eagle
    Bill Silver Eagle

SeaWorld trainer killed by killer whale Empty Thunder, the American Bald Eagle

Post  Bill Silver Eagle Thu 25 Feb 2010, 4:04 pm

SeaWorld trainer killed by killer whale 19753_109797732363942_100000011460672_250555_2216866_n

Thunder is a rescued American Bald Eagle that is not releaseable into the wild because years ago he had been shot in the eye with a bb gun. Thunder is about 14 years old and lives the good life.
    Hattiesdad
    Hattiesdad

Post  Hattiesdad Thu 25 Feb 2010, 10:56 pm

Bill, Thanks for the not flame, Legit rescue orgs. aren't what i have a beef with. Thanks for understanding. cyclops

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 11:00 pm