Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

4 posters

The Mist...

RIG
    RIG

The Mist... Empty The Mist...

Post  RIG Mon 22 Feb 2010, 1:23 am

Just watched it... Wow! Something based on King's work that wasn't hokey and was actually gut wrenchingly horrifying... makes me wonder which is better the movie (which is amazing) or the book...

Spoiler, basic gist... End of the world, societal disintegration/begins to eat itself with a Lovecraftian Cthulhu backdrop... There's more but I don't want to ruin it...

In a word... Grueling!...

But worth it...
    Polly, AZ
    Polly, AZ

The Mist... Empty The Mist

Post  Polly, AZ Mon 22 Feb 2010, 7:24 am

RIG wrote:Just watched it... Wow! Something based on King's work that wasn't hokey and was actually gut wrenchingly horrifying... makes me wonder which is better the movie (which is amazing) or the book...

Spoiler, basic gist... End of the world, societal disintegration/begins to eat itself with a Lovecraftian Cthulhu backdrop... There's more but I don't want to ruin it...

In a word... Grueling!...

But worth it...

Wow, I saw that movie last week and it scared the bee-gee-bees out me because it was too close to the truth. We have been hearing from the people with the CERN project saying that "they could bring something back from another plane". I sure hope they don't create what we saw in The Mist.
    RIG
    RIG

The Mist... Empty Re: The Mist...

Post  RIG Tue 23 Feb 2010, 5:12 pm

Yeah, that could be bad!... Wink

Although the true horror was the monstrous behaviour that the folk trapped in the grocery store started displaying... affraid
    Betty in Texas
    Betty in Texas

Post  Betty in Texas Thu 25 Feb 2010, 2:43 am

We quit watching it after only about 20 minutes because it was horrifying and gruesome. Can't handle movies like that although from what you guys say, I should have stuck with it a little longer. I can't take blood and guts movies.
    Betty
    RIG
    RIG

Post  RIG Thu 25 Feb 2010, 12:48 pm

It does have the blood and guts thing going, but it's not done just for the sake of blood and guts... it's just enough as a plot device to keep the characters fearful/trapped by that fear...

If you can get past that aspect of the movie, then you'll see what I mean about the psychological aspect... I should say that I'm not a big fan of the blood and guts movies (although I do watch them on ocassion), for a horror movie to really freak me out it has to grab my psyche and wring it out like a towel... this one did that well, for me anyway...

There's an aspect of the movie that I won't go into details about... but it makes me wonder what the Bible quoters here would be like in an end of the world/crisis situation... Suspect
    geenee
    geenee

Post  geenee Thu 25 Feb 2010, 10:17 pm

RIG wrote:It does have the blood and guts thing going, but it's not done just for the sake of blood and guts... it's just enough as a plot device to keep the characters fearful/trapped by that fear...

If you can get past that aspect of the movie, then you'll see what I mean about the psychological aspect... I should say that I'm not a big fan of the blood and guts movies (although I do watch them on ocassion), for a horror movie to really freak me out it has to grab my psyche and wring it out like a towel... this one did that well, for me anyway...

There's an aspect of the movie that I won't go into details about... but it makes me wonder what the Bible quoters here would be like in an end of the world/crisis situation... Suspect

Hi Rig, I think it depends on what you mean when you say Bible quoters. Cuz almost everyone quotes the Bible at sometime or another, doesn't mean they really truly follow it etc. or maybe even believe it. I suspect there will be a lot of people that will call out for God to help em. Seems like you always hear that when people are in real trouble they call out to Him. There will also be people that say F-God and refuse him through till the end. There will be people that that will deny Him when the going gets tough. I know Isaiah 24 is pretty scary. It says "20 The earth reels like a drunkard, it sways like a hut in the wind; so heavy upon it is the guilt of its rebellion that it falls—never to rise again." Suspect
    RIG
    RIG

Post  RIG Tue 02 Mar 2010, 3:23 pm

geenee wrote:
    RIG wrote:It does have the blood and guts thing going, but it's not done just for the sake of blood and guts... it's just enough as a plot device to keep the characters fearful/trapped by that fear...

Hi Rig, I think it depends on what you mean when you say Bible quoters. Cuz almost everyone quotes the Bible at sometime or another, doesn't mean they really truly follow it etc. or maybe even believe it. I suspect there will be a lot of people that will call out for God to help em. Seems like you always hear that when people are in real trouble they call out to Him. There will also be people that say F-God and refuse him through till the end. There will be people that that will deny Him when the going gets tough. I know Isaiah 24 is pretty scary. It says "20 The earth reels like a drunkard, it sways like a hut in the wind; so heavy upon it is the guilt of its rebellion that it falls—never to rise again." Suspect

Heh... apologies, I should have been more descriptive... quoting the Bible as your Spiritual compass is one thing, but the rabid frothing at the mouth types that use it as a weapon is more along the lines of what I'm talking about... affraid Wink
    geenee
    geenee

Post  geenee Sat 06 Mar 2010, 10:47 pm

RIG wrote:
    geenee wrote:

Heh... apologies, I should have been more descriptive... quoting the Bible as your Spiritual compass is one thing, but the rabid frothing at the mouth types that use it as a weapon is more along the lines of what I'm talking about... affraid Wink
    The Mist... Lol

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 4:28 pm