Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

4 posters

2.6 Just Now NJ

TrishNrthrdgCA
    TrishNrthrdgCA

2.6 Just Now NJ Empty 2.6 Just Now NJ

Post  TrishNrthrdgCA Sun 21 Feb 2010, 6:03 pm

LindaMarie
    LindaMarie

2.6 Just Now NJ Empty Re: 2.6 Just Now NJ

Post  LindaMarie Sun 21 Feb 2010, 11:55 pm

I saw this one. Is it unusual?
    Calibabe
    Calibabe
    Admin

Post  Calibabe Mon 22 Feb 2010, 3:29 pm

TrishNrthrdgCA wrote:here's the thread

http://www.openhazards.com/aggregator[url]

Oh my old stomping ground.

That part of NJ is Bernardsville and sits on the Ramapo Fault Line. Here is a link from the NJDEP (which my dad used to work for) has regarding the fault line and also the risk of earthquakes in that area.

I saw a special either on the History Channel or Discovery Channel and they were talking about an earthquake in NYC that happened in 1884. They stated that if an earthquake up in that area is more like to be more widespread because of the land being so flat so damage would be over a larger area then it would here in CA with the same magnitude. It was pretty interesting. Most people don't identify NJ, NY or PA with that possibility.
    Dreemz
    Dreemz

2.6 Just Now NJ Empty New Jersey 2.6 mag.

Post  Dreemz Mon 22 Feb 2010, 3:44 pm

NJ Earthquake Minor 2.6 Magnitude Earthquake Strikes Peapack Gladstone Bernardsville Area
    |

Contributed by Anonymous (Editor)
    Sunday, February 21, 2010 11:39
    More stories from this contributor
    www.beforeitsnews.com

New York, NY - A minor 2.6 magnitude earthquake struck this morning in the Peapack Gladstone area of New Jersey. The NJ Earthquake was minor with little damage and no injuries or deaths reported.

The location of the NJ earthquake was approximately 40 miles west of New York City. The earthquake struck at 8:59 AM.

Approximately 100 people called Bernardsville police shortly after the quake struck. Some stated it felt like a loud rumble then an explosion like sound followed.

The area received a 1.5 magnitude earthquake in January. The general area sits on the Ramapo Fault Line.

The USGS webiste logged the data associated with the NJ earthquake.

earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/ld1025772.html

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 09 May 2024, 1:27 am