Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

+10
John Kettler
Mary/Portland, OR
Kate in AZ
Calibabe
geenee
Polly, AZ
Dude_in_CA
Linda in N Carolina
socalshakin
Karin in E OR
14 posters

Chile ? anybody else seeing this?

Karin in E OR

Chile ?  anybody else seeing this? Empty Chile ? anybody else seeing this?

Post  Karin in E OR Sun 21 Feb 2010, 12:01 am

I have seen a lot of angry and grouchy people today Crying or Very sad
    socalshakin
    socalshakin

Chile ?  anybody else seeing this? Empty Re: Chile ? anybody else seeing this?

Post  socalshakin Sun 21 Feb 2010, 12:33 am

Karin in E OR wrote:I have seen a lot of angry and grouchy people today Crying or Very sad

Oh yes, I'm with ya!
    Linda in N Carolina
    Linda in N Carolina

Chile ?  anybody else seeing this? Empty I've a bad left rear end...

Post  Linda in N Carolina Sun 21 Feb 2010, 1:36 am

I figure this has something to do with South America...or there abouts. It keeps coming and going, for the last week. OUCH!
    Dude_in_CA
    Dude_in_CA

Post  Dude_in_CA Sun 21 Feb 2010, 4:05 am

I have been uber grumpy all day for no reason. Chile big time. It is far and away the symptom and region I have the most unambiguous association with. The other alternative would be for offshore socal but I doubt it. 95% certain it's for Chile, 4.5-6 in the next 24-48 hrs.
    Polly, AZ
    Polly, AZ

Chile ?  anybody else seeing this? Empty Chile

Post  Polly, AZ Sun 21 Feb 2010, 4:12 am

Karin in E OR wrote:I have seen a lot of angry and grouchy people today Crying or Very sad

My back has been screaming Chile for days. It's been raining here all day so I haven't been out to see any grouchy people, but I will take your word for it.
    Dude_in_CA
    Dude_in_CA

Post  Dude_in_CA Tue 23 Feb 2010, 7:07 pm

I cannot believe nothing has hit in Chile yet. That's usually an area where symptoms leave little doubt...but then again my radar seems to be way off this last year compared to the past so who knows.
    Dude_in_CA
    Dude_in_CA

Post  Dude_in_CA Sat 27 Feb 2010, 7:05 am

Bigger always takes longer...and this is huge. Hope it's a low population density area. pale

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/at00725245.html
    geenee
    geenee

Post  geenee Sat 27 Feb 2010, 7:11 am

Wow just as I was going to go to bed. That thing was 36 miles deep! NO TECHNICAL INFO ON THE MAP.
    Calibabe
    Calibabe
    Admin

Post  Calibabe Sat 27 Feb 2010, 7:16 am

Calibabe wrote:
    Dude_in_CA wrote:Bigger always takes longer...and this is huge. Hope it's a low population density area. pale

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/at00725245.html

Approximately 210 miles from Santiago Chile, but 56 miles outside of Concepcion Chile.

Looks like LACoFD USAR will be on call for this one. Concepcion is the second largest city from what I understand in Chile. Downgraded to 8.3 but still huge.

Wow.
    Kate in AZ

Chile ?  anybody else seeing this? Empty tsunami warning for Hawaii, Australia

Post  Kate in AZ Sat 27 Feb 2010, 7:20 am

Wow, wow, wow! I am as deeply impressed by those of you who called this as I am concerned for the people of Santiago. There was a huge EQ here when I was a little kid, and I had a pen pal in Santiago at the time.

God bless these folks, and a head's upto the people living in coastal Australia and NZ.
    Polly, AZ
    Polly, AZ

Chile ?  anybody else seeing this? Empty Worried about the people in Chile

Post  Polly, AZ Sat 27 Feb 2010, 7:25 am

Kate in AZ wrote:Wow, wow, wow! I am as deeply impressed by those of you who called this as I am concerned for the people of Santiago. There was a huge EQ here when I was a little kid, and I had a pen pal in Santiago at the time.

God bless these folks, and a head's upto the people living in coastal Australia and NZ.

I am worried about the people in that area of Chile too. There must be a lot of damage there, and it is still night there. Probably all in the dark. The largest reported quake ever was a 9.5 in Chile and there were a lot of deaths. The worst part of my back ache is gone, but it is still there so there may be some large after shocks. Prayers going out to all of those people.
    Kate in AZ

Chile ?  anybody else seeing this? Empty tsunami warning for Chile and Peru

Post  Kate in AZ Sat 27 Feb 2010, 7:33 am

If a tsunami was generated, it's already hit. God- as Polly reminded us- it's nighttime. Help them, God.

http://www.prh.noaa.gov/ptwc/messages/pacific/2010/pacific.2010.02.27.064454.txt
    Mary/Portland, OR
    Mary/Portland, OR

Post  Mary/Portland, OR Sat 27 Feb 2010, 7:36 am

I just hope we are done with big quakes & record-breaking storms for this super full moon coming up on Sunday morning.

I'm still upset about the orca tragedy in Florida...

We people and other creatures could use a break from all this craziness!!!

Is there an emoticon for "Grrrrr...." ??? Oh, maybe this one:

Mad
    Mary/Portland, OR
    Mary/Portland, OR

Post  Mary/Portland, OR Sat 27 Feb 2010, 7:45 am

Dude_in_CA wrote:I have been uber grumpy all day for no reason. Chile big time. It is far and away the symptom and region I have the most unambiguous association with. The other alternative would be for offshore socal but I doubt it. 95% certain it's for Chile, 4.5-6 in the next 24-48 hrs.

Dude, the only reason you were slightly off is that you were expecting a smaller quake in a shorter time frame. Larger quakes come in longer time frames. So, in my book, you were right on.

Your 95% certainty about it being Chile was 100% correct.

Last edited by Mary/Portland, OR on Sat 27 Feb 2010, 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
    John Kettler

Chile ?  anybody else seeing this? Empty Chile Quake report has been altered!

Post  John Kettler Sat 27 Feb 2010, 7:51 am

Details are in my newest post on Ryukyu 7.0, but compare NEIC to this. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8540289.stm

John
    John Kettler

Chile ?  anybody else seeing this? Empty Alleged Maule EQ now upgraded to a staggering 8.8--close ot 32 GT!!!

Post  John Kettler Sat 27 Feb 2010, 9:41 am

NEIC keeps getting weirder. Not only was the quake dramatically upgraded in intensity, but we're now seeing shake reports coming in from a bunch of locations. Shake intensities close to epicenter are coming in as Severe. http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/dyfi/events/us/2010tfan/us/index.html BBC's now reporting at least six fatalities. (Fair use)http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8540289.stm

"A massive earthquake with a magnitude of 8.8 has struck central Chile, the country's largest in 25 years.
    The quake struck at 0634 GMT about 91km (56 miles) north-east of the city of Concepcion and 317km south-west of the capital, Santiago.

Outgoing President Michelle Bachelet said that she had reports of six deaths so far and could not rule out that there might be more.
    The US issued an initial tsunami warning for Chile, Peru and Ecuador.
    That was later extended to Colombia, Antarctica, Panama and Costa Rica.
    Japan's meteorological agency has warned of a potential tsunami across large areas of the Pacific."

Note that the BBC report unambiguously places the quake on land, while NEIC persists with its nonsense about offshore.

John
    Polly, AZ
    Polly, AZ

Chile ?  anybody else seeing this? Empty Chile - CNN latenight

Post  Polly, AZ Sat 27 Feb 2010, 9:47 am

John Kettler wrote:NEIC keeps getting weirder. Not only was the quake dramatically upgraded in intensity, but we're now seeing shake reports coming in from a bunch of locations. Shake intensities close to epicenter are coming in as Severe. http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/dyfi/events/us/2010tfan/us/index.html BBC's now reporting at least six fatalities. (Fair use)http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8540289.stm

"A massive earthquake with a magnitude of 8.8 has struck central Chile, the country's largest in 25 years.
    The quake struck at 0634 GMT about 91km (56 miles) north-east of the city of Concepcion and 317km south-west of the capital, Santiago.

Outgoing President Michelle Bachelet said that she had reports of six deaths so far and could not rule out that there might be more.
    The US issued an initial tsunami warning for Chile, Peru and Ecuador.
    That was later extended to Colombia, Antarctica, Panama and Costa Rica.
    Japan's meteorological agency has warned of a potential tsunami across large areas of the Pacific."

Note that the BBC report unambiguously places the quake on land, while NEIC persists with its nonsense about offshore.

John

They are reporting now that there are 10 dead, but that may go way up by daylight. i think that they fair better then those in the Haiti 7.0, better building codes. Guess we know what our back aches were all about. They are still having lots of aftershocks.
    John Kettler

Chile ?  anybody else seeing this? Empty Appreciate update

Post  John Kettler Sat 27 Feb 2010, 9:55 am

Polly,

There are widespread power and communication outages in the areas hit, which will hugely complicate getting any kind of useful reporting. Note well the difference between the Maule offshore epicenter and where the BBC's own map places it. Guess which one I believe?

John
    Polly, AZ
    Polly, AZ

Chile ?  anybody else seeing this? Empty Chile

Post  Polly, AZ Sat 27 Feb 2010, 9:59 am

John Kettler wrote:Polly,

There are widespread power and communication outages in the areas hit, which will hugely complicate getting any kind of useful reporting. Note well the difference between the Maule offshore epicenter and where the BBC's own map places it. Guess which one I believe?

John

They are getting a lot of information from people using twitter down there. They will know more when daylight comes. I hope it's not too bad.
    John Kettler

Chile ?  anybody else seeing this? Empty Death toll now 47 from 8.8 and rising Update with video

Post  John Kettler Sat 27 Feb 2010, 10:42 am

Polly,

BBC's issued an update, complete with video. As expected, communication with the area near the epicenter is effectively nil. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8540289.stm

John
    John Kettler

Chile ?  anybody else seeing this? Empty Unraveling of the plate boundary continues

Post  John Kettler Sat 27 Feb 2010, 3:26 pm

Chile just got hit again--over and above all the aftershocks from the 8.8 and the Bio-Bio quakes. http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/us2010tfcu.php#maps I see this as the unzipping of the locked plate boundary. Also, CNN/MSNBC (dont recall which one) is reporting that the Juan Fernandez Islands ~100 miles off the coast were hit by a big wave (Chilean President Bachelet refuses to use "tsunami"), and Chile is sending ships and helicopters. Hmm. Would dearly love to know how big that wave was!

John
    aethervox

Post  aethervox Sat 27 Feb 2010, 4:42 pm

John Kettler wrote:Chile just got hit again--over and above all the aftershocks from the 8.8 and the Bio-Bio quakes. http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/us2010tfcu.php#maps I see this as the unzipping of the locked plate boundary. Also, CNN/MSNBC (dont recall which one) is reporting that the Juan Fernandez Islands ~100 miles off the coast were hit by a big wave (Chilean President Bachelet refuses to use "tsunami"), and Chile is sending ships and helicopters. Hmm. Would dearly love to know how big that wave was!

John

Some of the British newspapers linked off the BBC site are saying 8 foot waves have been reported, but they don't say where. Mad

aethervox
    socalshakin
    socalshakin

Post  socalshakin Sat 27 Feb 2010, 4:42 pm

Wow. I was shocked but not surprised to see this come in.

I was soooo grouchy last night and short fused and I thought to myself, "hah, it's a Chile symptom", but brushed it off as I've never gotten symptoms for Chile that I can remember. Needless to say my mouth hit the floor when I was getting dressed this morning and my bf knocked on the door and said Chile had a 8.8 and that they were evacuating the beaches in Hawaii?? And that California might see some small waves from this?

Praying for those in Chile...
    Sheila, Or.
    Sheila, Or.

Post  Sheila, Or. Sat 27 Feb 2010, 5:04 pm

socalshakin wrote:Wow. I was shocked but not surprised to see this come in.

I was soooo grouchy last night and short fused and I thought to myself, "hah, it's a Chile symptom", but brushed it off as I've never gotten symptoms for Chile that I can remember. Needless to say my mouth hit the floor when I was getting dressed this morning and my bf knocked on the door and said Chile had a 8.8 and that they were evacuating the beaches in Hawaii?? And that California might see some small waves from this?

Me too socal! I was so irritated yesterday, feeling fluish and rotten that I kept saying, "God forgive me for my grouchyness, I don't know what is up"
    Now it appears that alot of our symptoms were surely caused by this quake.
    My little Bichon was so clingy yesterday I thought I would step on her if not careful.
    I fully expect some large FFA quakes from Chile so am prepared to feel pretty much the whole gamut of eq symptoms. Just wish my ears would stop screaming, it's unnerving. Shocked
    socalshakin
    socalshakin

Post  socalshakin Sat 27 Feb 2010, 5:08 pm

Sheila, Or. wrote:
    socalshakin wrote:Wow. I was shocked but not surprised to see this come in.

Me too socal! I was so irritated yesterday, feeling fluish and rotten that I kept saying, "God forgive me for my grouchyness, I don't know what is up"
    Now it appears that alot of our symptoms were surely caused by this quake.
    My little Bichon was so clingy yesterday I thought I would step on her if not careful.
    I fully expect some large FFA quakes from Chile so am prepared to feel pretty much the whole gamut of eq symptoms. Just wish my ears would stop screaming, it's unnerving. Shocked

I also had on another thread last night about hot poking in my R shin, near my ankle. Enough to the point where it had me nearly on the ground and in tears. Hit me twice, and hard with throbbing that continued afterwards for a while. This may have been a symptom for Chile as well which I'm going to note and look for in the future to see if it hits again. Also had more symptoms this morning that I will post on another thread. I honestly didn't think my irritability would be a symptom for Chile, but dang, perhaps it is!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 07 May 2024, 6:18 am