Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

Saw something very inspiring last Saturday...

Grits
    Grits

Saw something very inspiring last Saturday... Empty Saw something very inspiring last Saturday...

Post  Grits Mon 10 May 2010, 10:10 pm

I finally got away to go see my grandson play baseball in Montgomery last Saturday. He struck out twice... geek but his team still won... cheers

...but I did not know that this particular park (it's a pretty big complex) has what they call the "Miracle League". They have one field designated for handicapped children only. I saw many kids in wheelchairs, some blind kids, and several with Downs syndrome playing. The field looked like it was the same as a clay tennis court (so the wheelchairs can function). They each have a "helper" that helps them get around the bases and hit the ball. What a wonderful idea! I just wasn't familiar with the fact that they have special leagues for the special (awesome) kids! It was quite inspiring!

Do y'all have that where you are?

Grits
    tongue

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 11:55 pm