Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

+2
geenee
sherryjeffries
6 posters

DIP and CME

sherryjeffries
    sherryjeffries

DIP and CME Empty DIP and CME

Post  sherryjeffries Tue 02 Mar 2010, 4:39 pm

So it looks like when the downward spike hits, it means that a CME has let loose? Not sure, but it is coinciding.

DIP and CME 20100301_2330_c2_512

DIP and CME 20100302_xray
    geenee
    geenee

DIP and CME Empty Re: DIP and CME

Post  geenee Tue 02 Mar 2010, 10:54 pm

sherryjeffries wrote:So it looks like when the downward spike hits, it means that a CME has let loose? Not sure, but it is coinciding.

DIP and CME 20100301_2330_c2_512

DIP and CME 20100302_xray

Hi Sherry, So I am just getting interested in the solar stuff. Since I heard about the polar shift. Do you follow these because of how they affect earthquakes? Or because of the polar shift? Or just cuz? I heard about how the increased solar flares will hit earth and cause a change in the polar shifts all happening within the next several years. I am just learning about the solar aspect of things and would love it if you could narrate some of these changes and charts etc. Like the chart above for starters. Thanks oh also that black one with the major fluctuation in it.
    sherryjeffries
    sherryjeffries

Post  sherryjeffries Tue 02 Mar 2010, 11:24 pm

Hi Geenee,

Yes and no. Yes I started following this stuff because of reading about the magnetic pole reversal. Do they know why it happens, no. Could it influence the earth, yes. How, we don't know. I just post what I see, then stand back and see if any effects come from it. We are all just children here, learning, or trying to learn. Welcome, and join us in our endeavor!
    geenee
    geenee

Post  geenee Sat 06 Mar 2010, 10:45 pm

sherryjeffries wrote:Hi Geenee,

Yes and no. Yes I started following this stuff because of reading about the magnetic pole reversal. Do they know why it happens, no. Could it influence the earth, yes. How, we don't know. I just post what I see, then stand back and see if any effects come from it. We are all just children here, learning, or trying to learn. Welcome, and join us in our endeavor!
    Thanks Sherry, I have been seeing an uptick in the news reports on the pole reversal. Even on mainstream news. The CmE's and all the solar flares will get progressively worse until the pole reversal happens.
    Earth Watcher

Post  Earth Watcher Sun 07 Mar 2010, 1:19 pm

Looking at the sun flare chart here for today:

DIP and CME Sunchart3710

Notice the Spikes are Going DOWN - NOT UP?

This does not make sense - looking at the flares that have been released over the last few days - those flares have been HUGE!

So here is the Tin hat part - could they have recalibrated the chart to show the flares going Down instead of Up?

Look at this chart from 2 12 10 - when those M class flares were released - do you see a spike going DOWN before the Big flares?

DIP and CME Mclass21210

I DON'T!!

I got the above chart off Space weather - I do believe the govt. is once again trying to hide the Real information of CMEs! Those Spikes are Huge going down - so how big have those flares been? Also, do they Really think people are that stupid? If we can look at a chart and not see any spikes going down before and all of a sudden CME spikes go down instead of UP - doesn't that look like they now have put the charts up backwards?

Now look at this movie of the sun from the last few days - up until just after the release of a large flare yesterday.

DIP and CME Current_c2small

What do you think?

I am amazed sometimes at what I believe the govt is doing and how it is so obvious and how they believe we are that stupid. Really to me this is so glaringly obvious the charts are now upside down.
    sherryjeffries
    sherryjeffries

DIP and CME Empty Answer to down spikes.

Post  sherryjeffries Sun 07 Mar 2010, 5:45 pm

On Earthboppin somebody posted an explanation. It said that during the months of spring there is about an hour each day when the sun is behind something and it hides the information. So it creates no info for that time each day.
    LaLuna
    LaLuna

DIP and CME Empty The reason for the downward spikes...

Post  LaLuna Mon 08 Mar 2010, 6:36 am

sherryjeffries wrote:On Earthboppin somebody posted an explanation. It said that during the months of spring there is about an hour each day when the sun is behind something and it hides the information. So it creates no info for that time each day.

Hi Sherry... That was me. The reason for the downward spikes is that the Earth comes between the satellite and the sun briefly, and creates an "eclipse". Here's the information I posted, and a link to the page I took it from:

"During the spring and fall, GOES-14 experiences eclipses in which the Earth blocks the XRS view to the sun for short periods once each day. For spring 2010 this period will run from Feb. 27 to Apr. 12. Eclipses ranging from minutes to just over an hour occur around 0700 UT. At these times the product will show X-ray data unavailable and will not accurately reflect HF degradation due to solar X-rays."

http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/drap/index.html

Carole
    flower
    Earth Watcher

Post  Earth Watcher Mon 08 Mar 2010, 12:15 pm

If that is the case, then it seems the chart is not accurately displaying the strength of the flares either. The flares look bigger than B flares as recorded. So IMO it is not working correctly all around. Those have been huge flares. It also looks like another flare will be coming off on the left side - they will probably record that one as a small one too. Sorry, but I believe the data is being covered over, especially since the negative spikes happen to correspond with the small (yeah right) B flares released.
    LaLuna
    LaLuna

DIP and CME Empty It's not a plot to hide information

Post  LaLuna Mon 08 Mar 2010, 6:26 pm

I don't believe this is some nefarious plot by NASA to hide information! This is just one of those things that happens... Since the GOES satellites are in geo-synchronous orbit, there might be times when the Earth is between the satellite and the sun, and the readings will "go dark". If this were in the visible part of the spectrum rather than X-ray, you'd see it as night time.

I don't know if NASA has any back-up to measure X-ray strength from another satellite. It seems to me when they made the switch to the GOES 14 satellite, they said there would be no backup. That being the case, when the satellite goes into Earth's shadow, X-rays will be blocked and the result will be that downward spike on the chart.

Perhaps they can "guesstimate" the strength of a flare that happens during that period from data from other satellites? Or maybe some other country has satellites out there that are able to get the measurements, and NASA is getting information from them? They must have some way of coming up with that information... It's in the country's best interests to know if a strong flare occurs, since electronics and the power grid can be affected. They're not going to hide that information from us; that would make no sense. (Anyway, big deal if the power does go out for a little while... I'm sure we've all lived through occasional power outages, and lived to tell about it!)

Carole flower
    Sheila, Or.
    Sheila, Or.

DIP and CME Empty how solar flares are classified

Post  Sheila, Or. Tue 09 Mar 2010, 9:34 pm

I figured as much but had to google it to make sure. Here's what Wiki says about how these flares are classified. Mostly it appears that if not fully or even partially earth directed, they won't classify as a larger flare (even if they look big to us in those images) since earth wouldn't be receiving as much X-rays from each flare which would then be recorded on the GOES satellite:

Classification
    Solar flares are classified as A, B, C, M or X according to the peak flux (in watts per square meter, W/m2) of 100 to 800 picometer X-rays near Earth, as measured on the GOES spacecraft. Each class has a peak flux ten times greater than the preceding one, with X class flares having a peak flux of order 10−4 W/m2. Within a class there is a linear scale from 1 to 9, so an X2 flare is twice as powerful as an X1 flare, and is four times more powerful than an M5 flare. The more powerful M and X class flares are often associated with a variety of effects on the near-Earth space environment. Although the GOES classification is commonly used to indicate the size of a flare, it is only one measure. This extended logarithmic classification is necessary because the total energies of flares range over many orders of magnitude, following a uniform distribution with flare frequency roughly proportional to the inverse of the total energy. Stellar flares and earthquakes show similar power-law distributions.[2]

>and there's more interesting info on solar flares at this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_flare

I would add that if you go to Imsal's site and see what sunspot created the flare, you'd be able to see if it would be earth directed or not. In other words, if the sunspot is facing earth, we gonna get it, if on the sun's side or more toward the back side, then maybe Jupiter or outer space gets the treat! Imsal is my first stop when studying the sun, as it lists each event as it happens, images, graphs galore, etc. Hope that helps.

http://www.lmsal.com/solarsoft/latest_events/
    melinda
    melinda

Post  melinda Wed 10 Mar 2010, 3:33 am

i know why sol does this.

for some upon earth talk to sol...she talks back Surprised)

o yembe

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 11:29 pm