Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

2 posters

DearWife

.......... Empty ..........

Post  DearWife Fri 08 Feb 2013, 8:06 pm

Last edited by DearWife on Sat 06 Jul 2019, 5:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
    beejean
    beejean

.......... Empty 10 PM and 10 AM High Tide Massachusetts

Post  beejean Fri 08 Feb 2013, 11:34 pm

10 PM and 10 AM High Tide Massachusetts --

With the new moon approaching on Sunday, the high tides for tomorrow morning are forecast at Chatham, Boston Harbor and Hull for near 10 feet under normal conditions, but now are expected to cause a lot of flooding because of wind slapping the seawater against the coast. Windspeeds are approaching 60 mph at the coastline at the moment (6:30 PM local time - 4 hours before the high tide). The power lines are swaying, but crews stand ready. (there might be no way to run a sump pump without power.) Police are evacuating the coastline, with some recollection of how cold it is to traverse slushy seawater in 20 degree F weather, bringing rafts for evacuation of inundated houses.

I have been heeding Gov Deval Patrick's mandate to stay off the roads all day, so I haven't had much to do other than watch reporters dash around the area on the local stations and the weather channel.

I've weathered many storms like this in the past and find the hardest task to be moving the snow aside afterwards, but never incurring impossibly long blackouts -- guess I've been lucky in that respect in the past.

We have 20 degree temps, 3 inches of grainy crystalline snow so far, and I'm just seeing that the monitors detect the snow thunder and snow lightning over the southern coastline of the state.

Keeping in - with plenty of print novels and flashlights. Yes, there is a camping stove in the house if we have to heat water after a power outage !

beejean
    beejean

.......... Empty Winds a BIG Factor

Post  beejean Sat 09 Feb 2013, 4:19 pm

Winds a BIG Factor
    Boston Area
    The winds here are a big factor in this storm. Coastal areas experienced winds between 70 -85 mph, and my inland location endured gusts of 60 mph. The ferocity of the winds at about 2 am local time woke me up and I ended up staying awake until 4 am because of the noise of things banging outdoors. Daylight revealed the snow stacked very high against the fences, while the top of the car outside had been completely cleared of snow. The snow has been carved by the wind into a circular oval surrounding some of the solid objects, but stacked into a frozen pile glued to the side of large garages and houses.

With just 16 degree F and 25 inches of snow on the ground, the big clear up of the driveway will be a challenge. lifting the shovel to tackle the top of the drifts will give the shoulders a work out.

Sponsored content

.......... Empty Re: ..........

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 6:54 pm