Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

2 posters

San Andreas fault less than 2000 ft. from San Bruno explosion!

Sheila, Or.
    Sheila, Or.

San Andreas fault less than 2000 ft. from San Bruno explosion! Empty San Andreas fault less than 2000 ft. from San Bruno explosion!

Post  Sheila, Or. Fri 10 Sep 2010, 5:08 pm

I was just going to post this on earthboppin, did some more research, came back and it's shut down. So I'm posting it here because I surely didn't know San Bruno was nearly right on the San Andreas fault!
    I'm still researching that area but ITMT, look at geology.com's map, you can zoom way in, change to map view to get to San Bruno. San Andreas Lake is just to the southwest of that part of the city and the fault runs nearly underneath Skyline Blvd.
    The explosion was just north of San Bruno Avenue, E. of Skyline blvd.
    Crestmoor Drive is just about where it happened so you can locate it easier.
    That's the street where the firemen found the first fatality.
    Since people reported smelling gas for at least a week, I have to wonder if the pipe was weakened by movement of this very dangerous fault? confused

[url]http://geology.com/san-andreas-fault/[url]

geenee
    geenee

San Andreas fault less than 2000 ft. from San Bruno explosion! Empty Earthmovement

Post  geenee Fri 10 Sep 2010, 7:34 pm

That is what my gut says. It was earth movement that caused that!
    Sheila, Or.
    Sheila, Or.

San Andreas fault less than 2000 ft. from San Bruno explosion! Empty Re: San Andreas fault less than 2000 ft. from San Bruno explosion!

Post  Sheila, Or. Fri 10 Sep 2010, 8:18 pm

yep, my instincts tell me the same thing genee. However, that pipe is 50 years old so maybe it just eroded enough so that any earth movement could have done it. My heart goes out to all the burn victims, these kinds of wounds are so terribly painful. There's already several good videos on you tube of the fire. I just don't think I can watch it again. Stayed up till nearly 11pm last night watching the live streaming video from News10, Sacto.
    geenee
    geenee

San Andreas fault less than 2000 ft. from San Bruno explosion! Empty Re: San Andreas fault less than 2000 ft. from San Bruno explosion!

Post  geenee Fri 10 Sep 2010, 9:08 pm

Yes I agree I just told Redhart that I think it may have corroded and thus the slow leak. Either earth movement or it just corroded and had a slow leak and some spark set it off.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 9:06 am