Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

+2
LindaMarie
socalshakin
6 posters

The Royal Pooch of my house!

socalshakin
    socalshakin

The Royal Pooch of my house! Empty The Royal Pooch of my house!

Post  socalshakin Sat 20 Feb 2010, 7:40 pm

The Royal pooch in my house Smile Just thought I'd share her cuteness with all of you. She's a ham for the camera! She's being her usual lazy self, under the fuzziest, warmest blanket she can find.

The Royal Pooch of my house! 22347_259551962266_510132266_3933754_4190521_n
    LindaMarie
    LindaMarie

The Royal Pooch of my house! Empty Re: The Royal Pooch of my house!

Post  LindaMarie Sun 21 Feb 2010, 1:35 am

She looks like a darker version of my baby, who also loves sleeping underneath the blankets
    Very Happy
    *Cynthia

Post  *Cynthia Sun 21 Feb 2010, 3:30 am

I have one too, a little fawn/red female. She just turned 7 this last week. She rules all the other animals, it's her way or the highway as far as she is concerned.
    angelight
    angelight

Post  angelight Sun 21 Feb 2010, 4:33 am

[size=18][size=12]Awww... so ya'll have chihuahuas??? I've always wanted one... I've had a couple of yorkies, but ohhh the grooming. lol! Love the little guys. cheers [/size][/size]
    angelight
    angelight

Post  angelight Sun 21 Feb 2010, 4:34 am

angelight wrote:[size=18][size=12]Awww... so ya'll have chihuahuas??? I've always wanted one... I've had a couple of yorkies, but ohhh the grooming. lol! Love the little guys. cheers [/size][/size]

affraid Embarassed welp, so much for my attempt at enlarging the font... Laughing
    prinze
    prinze

Post  prinze Sun 21 Feb 2010, 8:36 am

=Awww... so ya'll have chihuahuas??? I've always wanted one... I've had a couple of yorkies, but ohhh the grooming. lol! Love the little guys.cheers

affraid Embarassed welp, so much for my attempt at enlarging the font... Laughing

Fixed it for you.
    angelight
    angelight

Post  angelight Sun 21 Feb 2010, 3:31 pm

prinze wrote:
    =Awww... so ya'll have chihuahuas??? I've always wanted one... I've had a couple of yorkies, but ohhh the grooming. lol! Love the little guys.cheers

[b]Fixed it for you.
    [/b]

Thanks Prinze... that was so nice of you to do that. Very Happy I love you
    LindaMarie
    LindaMarie

Post  LindaMarie Sun 21 Feb 2010, 5:18 pm

Mine is a little toy fox terrier who I rescued and I also have a pug who is almost a year old.
    angelight
    angelight

Post  angelight Sun 21 Feb 2010, 5:33 pm

LindaMarie wrote:Mine is a little toy fox terrier who I rescued and I also have a pug who is almost a year old.

Awww that's wonderul... my babies are rescues, too. Smile One's a yorkie with one eye and the other is a sweet aussie. Smile
    I love you
    socalshakin
    socalshakin

Post  socalshakin Sun 21 Feb 2010, 6:26 pm

Zelda is a Chihuahua/Min Pin mix. She rules the house and everyone in it. As far as she's concerned, it's her house, she just lets us live there. Laughing I never thought I'd want a chihuahua, but I saw her and knew she was mine. I'm very lucky that she's not a barker, yappy or territorial. She's more like a cat really.

I used to have a Silky Terrier, which is like a bigger Yorkie and yes, they are lots of grooming. Sophie went to the groomer once a month, I had to brush her every day and I once tried to undertake her grooming myself. I figured since I was a hairstylist, I could groom a dog OK. I nearly chopped her ear off. 5 stitches later at the vet, I felt like the most awful pet mommy in the world!

Rescues are great dogs. I've always gotten my dogs from the pound or rescued from a bad owner situation.

Pugs are such characters too! My best friend has a male pug puppy. It's her first puppy and apparently, he's quite a handful but very comical.
    angelight
    angelight

Post  angelight Sun 21 Feb 2010, 6:58 pm

socalshakin wrote:Zelda is a Chihuahua/Min Pin mix. She rules the house and everyone in it. As far as she's concerned, it's her house, she just lets us live there. Laughing I never thought I'd want a chihuahua, but I saw her and knew she was mine. I'm very lucky that she's not a barker, yappy or territorial. She's more like a cat really.

I used to have a Silky Terrier, which is like a bigger Yorkie and yes, they are lots of grooming. Sophie went to the groomer once a month, I had to brush her every day and I once tried to undertake her grooming myself. I figured since I was a hairstylist, I could groom a dog OK. I nearly chopped her ear off. 5 stitches later at the vet, I felt like the most awful pet mommy in the world!

Rescues are great dogs. I've always gotten my dogs from the pound or rescued from a bad owner situation.

Pugs are such characters too! My best friend has a male pug puppy. It's her first puppy and apparently, he's quite a handful but very comical.
    Very Happy Oh my about the grooming fiasco! affraid Oh yes, you must have felt terrible!!! I sympathize... whenever I inadvertantly hurt one of them it tears me apart. Sad My little one's name is Sophie, too. Laughing Must be a fairly common little-dog name.

Love the min-pins though I've never had one of them either... guess I just love all the 4-legged fur-babies. cheers It's so true, when you find them, or they you, ya just know.
    flower
    socalshakin
    socalshakin

Post  socalshakin Sun 21 Feb 2010, 7:23 pm

angelight wrote:
    socalshakin wrote:Zelda is a Chihuahua/Min Pin mix. She rules the house and everyone in it. As far as she's concerned, it's her house, she just lets us live there. Laughing I never thought I'd want a chihuahua, but I saw her and knew she was mine. I'm very lucky that she's not a barker, yappy or territorial. She's more like a cat really.

Very Happy Oh my about the grooming fiasco! affraid Oh yes, you must have felt terrible!!! I sympathize... whenever I inadvertantly hurt one of them it tears me apart. Sad My little one's name is Sophie, too. Laughing Must be a fairly common little-dog name.

Love the min-pins though I've never had one of them either... guess I just love all the 4-legged fur-babies. cheers It's so true, when you find them, or they you, ya just know.
    flower

Sophie actually came with her name when I got her. She was a puppy in the window of a pet store, that was $600. I swore I'd never buy a pet store pup, so I walked away. A month or so later I was still thinking of getting another dog and I heard this pet shop now occasionally had rescue pups, so I called and they told me they ha a Silky pup for $100. It was the same pup I had seen a month before, so I asked them why she was so cheap. She had a birth defect in her front legs, and the person who bought her returned her because they could not breed her, and the store said the breeder in MI would take her back, but they would put her down because they couldn't use her to breed. I was shocked and went right over, gave them the money and walked out with her.

She was an amazing dog. She was so funny, and made everyone laugh. Her birth defect made her hop like a bunny, and when she would sit she would sit on her paw bent over. Poor thing. I think the vet said she had luxated patellas if I remember correctly, but it didn't stop her from getting around. I think she's 10 this year. My ex kept her when we got divorced, so I haven't seen her in over 5 years. It took me a very long time to be able to talk about her and not cry after I left him.

Yes, it is true, you just know when they are meant to be yours!
    *Cynthia

Post  *Cynthia Sun 21 Feb 2010, 7:40 pm

You have to be so careful of the little ones. Last week here in the Portland area a man took his out in the morning. He looked up calling for his chihuahua & saw several coyotes with one carrying off his little one. It had to be heart breaking. Mine is a Yorkie/Chihuahua mix with short hair, a little under 4lbs. They are the best dogs, we also have a black lab who we just found out they can't treat the tumors he has. I wonder what is in dog food now that so many are dying from cancer so young. Max is a rescue, we think he's 9 or 10. I buy the best dog food but nothing is safer for our babies then the food we eat (as a meal & not treats). lol

Zelda is beautiful! I love those colors.
    angelight
    angelight

Post  angelight Sun 21 Feb 2010, 8:24 pm

flower
    [/quote]

Sophie actually came with her name when I got her. She was a puppy in the window of a pet store, that was $600. I swore I'd never buy a pet store pup, so I walked away. A month or so later I was still thinking of getting another dog and I heard this pet shop now occasionally had rescue pups, so I called and they told me they ha a Silky pup for $100. It was the same pup I had seen a month before, so I asked them why she was so cheap. She had a birth defect in her front legs, and the person who bought her returned her because they could not breed her, and the store said the breeder in MI would take her back, but they would put her down because they couldn't use her to breed. I was shocked and went right over, gave them the money and walked out with her.

She was an amazing dog. She was so funny, and made everyone laugh. Her birth defect made her hop like a bunny, and when she would sit she would sit on her paw bent over. Poor thing. I think the vet said she had luxated patellas if I remember correctly, but it didn't stop her from getting around. I think she's 10 this year. My ex kept her when we got divorced, so I haven't seen her in over 5 years. It took me a very long time to be able to talk about her and not cry after I left him.

Yes, it is true, you just know when they are meant to be yours![/quote]

Aww I hear ya on "rescuing" Sophie... will be honest I've "had" to do that a couple of times. I can't believe these pet shops/breeders who are so greedy they don't give a s#%& about the precious souls in those little bodies... grrrrr Evil or Very Mad It seems it's all about money and exploitation whether it be dogs, cats, horses etc. Crying or Very sad

I'm glad you got her and her you, but Sad about x getting her. Sad. My first one had that patella subluxation thing, too, except it was in her hind legs rather than the front. Apparently with all the in-breeding etc it's quite common in the little ones...'nother <<grrrr>>

Anyway, I hear you about the missing her 'n crying... Annie crossed the rainbow bridge 4 years ago at the age of 13-1/2 and I still get choked up. Sad I was and am so grateful sweet little Sophie found me last year. Smile

Thanks for sharing... I love you
    angelight
    angelight

Post  angelight Sun 21 Feb 2010, 8:30 pm

*Cynthia wrote:You have to be so careful of the little ones. Last week here in the Portland area a man took his out in the morning. He looked up calling for his chihuahua & saw several coyotes with one carrying off his little one. It had to be heart breaking. Mine is a Yorkie/Chihuahua mix with short hair, a little under 4lbs. They are the best dogs, we also have a black lab who we just found out they can't treat the tumors he has. I wonder what is in dog food now that so many are dying from cancer so young. Max is a rescue, we think he's 9 or 10. I buy the best dog food but nothing is safer for our babies then the food we eat (as a meal & not treats). lol

affraid OMG... yes you have to be SO careful with these little ones. I never let them out of my sight... unfortunately one never knows. Sad I don't deal with "stuff" like this very well... Shocked

I'm so sorry about your lab... those things are the worst and labs seem to be prone to them. Glad you have your little yorkie-chi. sunny

Also, I agree about what they normally put in the dogfood/treats etc. Not good. We get ours the best available to... costs more, but hey, they're family, eh? Very Happy

I love you
    socalshakin
    socalshakin

Post  socalshakin Sun 21 Feb 2010, 8:37 pm

angelight wrote:
    *Cynthia wrote:You have to be so careful of the little ones. Last week here in the Portland area a man took his out in the morning. He looked up calling for his chihuahua & saw several coyotes with one carrying off his little one. It had to be heart breaking. Mine is a Yorkie/Chihuahua mix with short hair, a little under 4lbs. They are the best dogs, we also have a black lab who we just found out they can't treat the tumors he has. I wonder what is in dog food now that so many are dying from cancer so young. Max is a rescue, we think he's 9 or 10. I buy the best dog food but nothing is safer for our babies then the food we eat (as a meal & not treats). lol

affraid OMG... yes you have to be SO careful with these little ones. I never let them out of my sight... unfortunately one never knows. Sad I don't deal with "stuff" like this very well... Shocked

So sorry to hear about your lab Sad I agree about the food. I never buy my dogs anything with "meal" or "by product" in it. I try to buy food that is as natural as possible for them. I like Wellness, Natural Balance and Avoderm. Occasionally I'll make food for them by taking brown rice and combining it with some cooked chicken breast, chopped carrots, peas and sweet potato. They loooooove it, and it's good for them.

I'm so sorry about your lab... those things are the worst and labs seem to be prone to them. Glad you have your little yorkie-chi. sunny

Also, I agree about what they normally put in the dogfood/treats etc. Not good. We get ours the best available to... costs more, but hey, they're family, eh? Very Happy

I love you
    mountaingirl/NM
    mountaingirl/NM

Post  mountaingirl/NM Sun 21 Feb 2010, 9:49 pm

socalshakin wrote:The Royal pooch in my house Smile Just thought I'd share her cuteness with all of you. She's a ham for the camera! She's being her usual lazy self, under the fuzziest, warmest blanket she can find.

The Royal Pooch of my house! 22347_259551962266_510132266_3933754_4190521_n

So sweeeeet!
    *Cynthia

Post  *Cynthia Sun 21 Feb 2010, 10:34 pm

angelight wrote:[quote=" 'm so sorry about your lab... those things are the worst and labs seem to be prone to them. Glad you have your little yorkie-chi.
    I love you [/size]

Thanks Angel, what was your name on EB? Man I still miss it. We found that Costco has a healthy dog food under their Kirkland brand. We were paying almost $50 a bag & were very happy when we found a better food for $22.
    angelight
    angelight

Post  angelight Sun 21 Feb 2010, 10:47 pm

*Cynthia wrote:
    angelight wrote:[quote=" 'm so sorry about your lab... those things are the worst and labs seem to be prone to them. Glad you have your little yorkie-chi.
    I love you [/size]

Thanks Angel, what was your name on EB? Man I still miss it. We found that Costco has a healthy dog food under their Kirkland brand. We were paying almost $50 a bag & were very happy when we found a better food for $22.

Awww thanks, Cynthia... my name was angelight over there, too, but will admit I didn't post often. Guess I felt I had so little to add to most discussions. When on Syzygy I was Crystal, but when we Ryan opened up his board I changed my name then. There was another Crystal posting for a while... well, anyway, you're all family to me. sunny Yes, I miss EB, too...

I haven't seen/heard of the Kirkland food... shall check it out. Thanks ~

I love you
    LindaMarie
    LindaMarie

Post  LindaMarie Mon 22 Feb 2010, 12:05 am

My pug will be a year old next month. He is such a little personality and boy can he snore! Sleep He and my little toy fox get along great. She's about 2 years old now and a friend of mine rescued her from a lady who was keeping her tied up outside 24/7. She was just skin and bones and the lady agreed to give her up. I'm sure the lady couldn't handle all her energy and attention she needed. But she has turned out to be a really sweet little dog with a great temperment.
    angelight
    angelight

Post  angelight Mon 22 Feb 2010, 12:27 am

LindaMarie wrote:My pug will be a year old next month. He is such a little personality and boy can he snore! Sleep He and my little toy fox get along great. She's about 2 years old now and a friend of mine rescued her from a lady who was keeping her tied up outside 24/7. She was just skin and bones and the lady agreed to give her up. I'm sure the lady couldn't handle all her energy and attention she needed. But she has turned out to be a really sweet little dog with a great temperment.

Oh yes, those little "puglers: are the sweetest little dogs, too. I've never been owned by one, but several friends of mine had them over the years. Smile I can still almost* hear them do that little snort thing they do when they get so excited... Laughing

Aww bless your heart for taking the precious little fox terrier in... grrrrr I don't understand how people can live with themselves tying up a dog like that. Shocked Soooo sad ~ Crying or Very sad I would love to see pix of them if you would be able to post them... I just adore seeing our 4-legged family. Smile

:heart
    :

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 5:10 am