Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

5 posters

My genealogy research has produced some interesting results...

Grits
    Grits

My genealogy research has produced some interesting results... Empty My genealogy research has produced some interesting results...

Post  Grits Sat 17 Apr 2010, 3:34 pm

I've been buried in my genealogy research lately as it takes my mind off of my son's troubles and I've found some interesting things.

On my dad's side we trace back to James IV, King of Scotland.

On my mother's side it "appears" (although not definitively proven) that I may share a common grandfather with George Washington. His 4th great-grandfather is waaaay back on my side. That man had 3 kids. George comes from one of his kids, and my line comes from one of the others.

On my dad's side it "appears" (although not definitively proven) that I "may" descend from Pocahontas. I'm leaning towards this being true as an ancestor not far back on my line had a grandchild with the middle name of Pocahontas which really means nothing unless maybe it is a nod to the descendancy.

My dad's side has been much easier to research. Lots of missing links on mom's side.

I've found several Revolutionary soldiers, at least one War of 1812, and many from the Civil War. It's quite fun and interesting and I never knew that my ancestors were here as early as the early 1600's (1635 is the earliest I have found).

I also found some Dutch blood I didn't know about.

Lots of fun. I recommend it for a hobby but be warned, you will become addicted! tongue
    Betty in Texas
    Betty in Texas

My genealogy research has produced some interesting results... Empty Re: My genealogy research has produced some interesting results...

Post  Betty in Texas Sun 18 Apr 2010, 2:44 am

Hey Grits...we might have ancestors in common. My research goes back to the Lewis and Ball families of George Washington. I also trace members of my family having documents signed by King Robert the Bruce of Scotland. We also have a signer of the Magna Carta. Many members of my clan were originally from Scotland by way of Ireland. They apparently were connected with and lived in the same area in County Antrim Ireland (Belfast area) as Andrew Jackson, the families of Sam Houston and Davy Crockett. We are also connected to the families of Daniel Boone and General Nathaniel Greene, Washington's right hand man. Seems all these American pioneer families were interconnected.

My study of these ancestral families was done in my book Virginia: The Cradle of America.
    Betty
    melinda
    melinda

My genealogy research has produced some interesting results... Empty Re: My genealogy research has produced some interesting results...

Post  melinda Sun 18 Apr 2010, 4:11 am

~kemokae~ does this sort of research also.

all that i know about my family is that
    on my paternal grandmother side...we are from appalachia Surprised)

my maternal grand parents are amish.

one side of my mama's side are holland dutch and the other are
    known as gypsy...travellers.

i reckon it would take a bunch of wild asses to make a child such as me, eh?

i really truly love the earth the dirt the life of this nature with all of my being.

so do lots of folk...we are blessed

people whom love the world really seem to hate me.

even tho i do not condemn them for they love...

they sure do condemn me

for my love

bless we all..may love gift life to all

o yembe

i am dove
    Grits
    Grits

Post  Grits Sun 18 Apr 2010, 3:30 pm

Hey Grits...we might have ancestors in common. My research goes back to the Lewis and Ball families of George Washington. I also trace members of my family having documents signed by King Robert the Bruce of Scotland. We also have a signer of the Magna Carta. Many members of my clan were originally from Scotland by way of Ireland. They apparently were connected with and lived in the same area in County Antrim Ireland (Belfast area) as Andrew Jackson, the families of Sam Houston and Davy Crockett. We are also connected to the families of Daniel Boone and General Nathaniel Greene, Washington's right hand man. Seems all these American pioneer families were interconnected.

My study of these ancestral families was done in my book Virginia: The Cradle of America.
    Betty

I bet we do! I have lots of links to County Antrim, Ireland and also on my father's side to County Carlow, Ireland.

I'm still trying to figure out the George Washington connection. It has to do with proving who the father of Ezekial Fuller was and I finally found a link to someone who claims to have written records passed down in the family that say his father was William Fuller who married Sarah Martiau whose father Nicholas was Washington's 4th ggf. If this proves true, then I have a connection, but not sure it proves true just yet.

I've just found out last night that on my mother's side, they were originally from France and moved to Ireland in the 1660's because they were part of the Huguenot movement that left France due to persecution. They didn't even stay in Ireland very long as they started coming to the U.S. in the 1680's. The French version of the name was Huet which changed to Huey in Ireland and then various spelling since then. In the immediate family it's sometimes spelled Huey and sometimes Hughey.

Question: Do you have the Keeling, Fleming, and Henderson families in your research? I'm very confused on them as it appears they seem to be coming from two sides into one line in my family.

Is your book still available for purchase? I would be interested in it.

Thanks!
    Grits
    Grits

Post  Grits Sun 18 Apr 2010, 3:32 pm

Melinda

i reckon it would take a bunch of wild asses to make a child such as me, eh?

lol! Me too, Melinda. I'm really discovering just what a "Heinz 57" I am with this research... tongue
    Betty in Texas
    Betty in Texas

Post  Betty in Texas Mon 19 Apr 2010, 7:56 pm

Grits wrote:

Betty

I bet we do! I have lots of links to County Antrim, Ireland and also on my father's side to County Carlow, Ireland.

I'm still trying to figure out the George Washington connection. It has to do with proving who the father of Ezekial Fuller was and I finally found a link to someone who claims to have written records passed down in the family that say his father was William Fuller who married Sarah Martiau whose father Nicholas was Washington's 4th ggf. If this proves true, then I have a connection, but not sure it proves true just yet.

I've just found out last night that on my mother's side, they were originally from France and moved to Ireland in the 1660's because they were part of the Huguenot movement that left France due to persecution. They didn't even stay in Ireland very long as they started coming to the U.S. in the 1680's. The French version of the name was Huet which changed to Huey in Ireland and then various spelling since then. In the immediate family it's sometimes spelled Huey and sometimes Hughey.

Question: Do you have the Keeling, Fleming, and Henderson families in your research? I'm very confused on them as it appears they seem to be coming from two sides into one line in my family.

Is your book still available for purchase? I would be interested in it.

Thanks!
    Betty in Texas
    Betty in Texas

Post  Betty in Texas Mon 19 Apr 2010, 8:00 pm

I actually did research on the Nicholas Martiau line as my suspected line might be Martin.

What I did was research many of the American pioneer families through original land grants along the James River and several of its tributaries. These date back to Jamestown in 1607.

email me privately at bettystrails@yahoo.com and maybe I can help you a little more with the research and describe the book.
    Betty
    kemokae

Post  kemokae Mon 19 Apr 2010, 9:47 pm

Melinda, you have never told me your mother's maiden name. It's Mike that is the
    Sherill isn't it? They are very well documented. I'm not very well liked in this
    work at times(you know I've done "specialty" work for an Tennessee Historical Library).. because I can tell an "skunk" when I smell one..with what some people
    try to tell me...esp if they are family "controllers" of an sort. They get around it by writing stuff and posting it on web sites that I can have no recourse action on in desputing it...or else telling me they aren't interested these days. THEN they make up their liitle lies and by pass it to anyone that they can get ahold of that is not really into this work at all. But then again, I guess its someway to keep the family lines going...thier's anyway. Sure does make for an line of an "mess" though when others get together to compare notes. Any day now we should be back to marrying our own relatives...but heh, the world is crazy as it is..right? Over the years, I've grown to respect professional genealogist's whom say "I really don't know"...because they say it with "truth"...meaning they have no written records in their files.
    George Washington's lineage is very well doucmented, not only over here but in
    England as "Wessington" in the earlier days. They were behind the Bruce family being in power in Scotland at one time. They were heavily tied into French lines also from France in relatives...all those whom were "Mason's were. George Washington before he became President travelled no less then 11 times through
    Pennsylvania...back an forth. They have many records on him. Hi sfirst job thoguh was an an young land surveryor in Faquier County, Va though. I'm after the names of
    his Native American Indian Scouts, those with his surveying group..they were most likely "Delawares"..and they often took on white-man names...as did Techumseh one time...ah yes, not many know that. Martin's are an long and big lineage to have to research, with variations of the name form all over Europe and into Spain and then into South America as "Martinez"...also see very early in Europe "Charles Martel" One of the first Catholic Popes was an "Martin". Here's one for you also, St. Martin (c 316-397)..he later became the Patron Saint of France. Many people whom
    were going by "ship" that laid over in Ireland to get supplies or money ended
    up being called "Irish" when they weren't. Many times if the ship itself was an
    owned Ireland ship master's ship, they were said of Irish stock, when they were not.
    You will also find that among certain religions also, they will be called whatever
    the dominent religous factor was in the area. For instance let's take the Lackey family. Said to been Irish, maybe some were..but there's some lines that don't
    pay tribute to that also. I can about guess that there were some that might of
    also been Delaware Native American Indians also(yes, Davy Crockett family had "roots" near by....Delawares later joined the Shawnee. The Delawares dabbled with the French in the French and Indian War, then took up wth the British in War of 1812.., but was with Washington...and the Revolutionary War..some were christianized and living as any "white" could be, but some white folks out after Shawnees pounced upon on them, fo rmerely beign "indians" and slaughtered the "innocents"...they fleed to the Shawnee, I guess by then they figured "treated like an savage, might as well join them" perhaps, though I have always felt the Shawnee may of intermarried with the "Lost" white group of colonists in very very early days of North Carolina. An paper found recently...always comes up these days on from some kind of Government source no one knew about until recently...that this Shawnee person said they ran into some white people many years ago in Kentucky, making iron spears and killed them...how convienent. There were always preacher's trying to convert the Shawnee's for some reason. The "lost" group would of only been about two generations away...when the preachers arrived. I think one of the more important web sites to come upon these days is the Sapion forum..not sure I spelled that corectly..but they are of the Native Americans along the East Coast that went into the frontier regions later on..most of them through North Carolina into Tenneesse and northward...if not out west...ended up with "White" names. See if Samuel Kenton family is any of your Keeling family...he was taken as
    an captive, I think they killed him though in the end if I remember correctly.
    Flemings are in Vrigina, some of them went into Greenbrier Co., West Virginia.
    One group is heavily into Kegley's Virgina Frontier series...and deeds, miltary
    pursuits and land deeds. Daniel Boone, look up the Boonsbourgh Foundation on line.
    His roots came from Pennsylvania also in the start of its history. General Nathaniel Greene I have an whole "bio" on him...most people associate him with New England more so then any other place. Hendersons could be an varriant derived from Hindman at one time also. Many of the people mentioned are connected by marriage to each other through John Sevier. Malinda should know well of them also. Just some suggestions. Geenaolgy has become on of the biggest money makes of all time in the
    last 20 years...they can find you an relative any time you'd like one somehow...but please rember that it affects everyone else on what is being said about someone.
    Why else would the "controllers" want the family control by legacy. The Bush family is just one of these "controllers" I have ran across recently. Its more or less certain people then families.
    Betty in Texas
    Betty in Texas

Post  Betty in Texas Tue 20 Apr 2010, 4:14 pm

kemokae wrote:Melinda, you have never told me your mother's maiden name. It's Mike that is the
    Sherill isn't it? They are very well documented. I'm not very well liked in this
    work at times(you know I've done "specialty" work for an Tennessee Historical Library).. because I can tell an "skunk" when I smell one..with what some people
    try to tell me...esp if they are family "controllers" of an sort. They get around it by writing stuff and posting it on web sites that I can have no recourse action on in desputing it...or else telling me they aren't interested these days. THEN they make up their liitle lies and by pass it to anyone that they can get ahold of that is not really into this work at all. But then again, I guess its someway to keep the family lines going...thier's anyway. Sure does make for an line of an "mess" though when others get together to compare notes. Any day now we should be back to marrying our own relatives...but heh, the world is crazy as it is..right? Over the years, I've grown to respect professional genealogist's whom say "I really don't know"...because they say it with "truth"...meaning they have no written records in their files.
    George Washington's lineage is very well doucmented, not only over here but in
    England as "Wessington" in the earlier days. They were behind the Bruce family being in power in Scotland at one time. They were heavily tied into French lines also from France in relatives...all those whom were "Mason's were. George Washington before he became President travelled no less then 11 times through
    Pennsylvania...back an forth. They have many records on him. Hi sfirst job thoguh was an an young land surveryor in Faquier County, Va though. I'm after the names of
    his Native American Indian Scouts, those with his surveying group..they were most likely "Delawares"..and they often took on white-man names...as did Techumseh one time...ah yes, not many know that. Martin's are an long and big lineage to have to research, with variations of the name form all over Europe and into Spain and then into South America as "Martinez"...also see very early in Europe "Charles Martel" One of the first Catholic Popes was an "Martin". Here's one for you also, St. Martin (c 316-397)..he later became the Patron Saint of France. Many people whom
    were going by "ship" that laid over in Ireland to get supplies or money ended
    up being called "Irish" when they weren't. Many times if the ship itself was an
    owned Ireland ship master's ship, they were said of Irish stock, when they were not.
    You will also find that among certain religions also, they will be called whatever
    the dominent religous factor was in the area. For instance let's take the Lackey family. Said to been Irish, maybe some were..but there's some lines that don't
    pay tribute to that also. I can about guess that there were some that might of
    also been Delaware Native American Indians also(yes, Davy Crockett family had "roots" near by....Delawares later joined the Shawnee. The Delawares dabbled with the French in the French and Indian War, then took up wth the British in War of 1812.., but was with Washington...and the Revolutionary War..some were christianized and living as any "white" could be, but some white folks out after Shawnees pounced upon on them, fo rmerely beign "indians" and slaughtered the "innocents"...they fleed to the Shawnee, I guess by then they figured "treated like an savage, might as well join them" perhaps, though I have always felt the Shawnee may of intermarried with the "Lost" white group of colonists in very very early days of North Carolina. An paper found recently...always comes up these days on from some kind of Government source no one knew about until recently...that this Shawnee person said they ran into some white people many years ago in Kentucky, making iron spears and killed them...how convienent. There were always preacher's trying to convert the Shawnee's for some reason. The "lost" group would of only been about two generations away...when the preachers arrived. I think one of the more important web sites to come upon these days is the Sapion forum..not sure I spelled that corectly..but they are of the Native Americans along the East Coast that went into the frontier regions later on..most of them through North Carolina into Tenneesse and northward...if not out west...ended up with "White" names. See if Samuel Kenton family is any of your Keeling family...he was taken as
    an captive, I think they killed him though in the end if I remember correctly.
    Flemings are in Vrigina, some of them went into Greenbrier Co., West Virginia.
    One group is heavily into Kegley's Virgina Frontier series...and deeds, miltary
    pursuits and land deeds. Daniel Boone, look up the Boonsbourgh Foundation on line.
    His roots came from Pennsylvania also in the start of its history. General Nathaniel Greene I have an whole "bio" on him...most people associate him with New England more so then any other place. Hendersons could be an varriant derived from Hindman at one time also. Many of the people mentioned are connected by marriage to each other through John Sevier. Malinda should know well of them also. Just some suggestions. Geenaolgy has become on of the biggest money makes of all time in the
    last 20 years...they can find you an relative any time you'd like one somehow...but please rember that it affects everyone else on what is being said about someone.
    Why else would the "controllers" want the family control by legacy. The Bush family is just one of these "controllers" I have ran across recently. Its more or less certain people then families.

Wow, Kemokae, you have researched much the same as I have also!

I did a whole section on the Lackey family...they were associated with my Stephensons and Cloyds. Many of my roots go back to those who participated in the Battle of King's Mountain.

I did a study on the families from Scotland who went to Ireland in the 1600's under Cromwell. These protestants who settled in the area of Belfast did not get along with their Catholic neighbors. They were involved in the Seige of Derry, and afterwards, sought religious freedom and sactuary in the colonies. Names associated with this movement were White, Green, Young, Houston, Adair, Cloyd, Patton, Jackson, Greer, McCrary --to name just a few.

The oldest documented continuous line that I have is Hammack/William O Hammock who came from England and settled along the Rappahannock River VA in the early 1600's. This family moved from that area down along the Blackwater River into Amelia County and on to Bertie Co. NC before winding up in Wilkes Co Georgia when my ancestor Robert Hammock was granted land for service in the American Revolution.

Valentine Ball son of Henry Ball is also a well-documented line of mine from VA. He married Susanna Lewis, the daughter of John Lewis. These are all connected to the Lewis family of Warner Hall, the grandparents of George Washington. Much info for this line comes from Christ Church Parrish.

General Nathaniel Greene was the great uncle of my ggg aunt who married Thomas Bell and who is buried in my hometown Bellville, Texas. Thomas and his brother James, my 3rd great grandfather donated the land to become the county seat of Bellville in 1848 after San Felipe was burned during the Texas Revolution. The Bell brothers were in Texas in 1822 and came from Florida. I suspect they were there with Andrew Jackson because the family had a birth in Florida in 1819 (Thomas Bell Stephenson, my ggg uncle) while it was still a territory of Spain. Penelope Greene Bell whose orbituary states she was the neice of General Nathanial Greene was born in Talahassee in 1819 also.

Mathew Houston built a fort in Tennesee on the land of my ancestor Robert Wilson and Sam Houston as a boy lived with his uncle there. The stories are many. I have file cabinets of historical documents.
    Betty
    Grits
    Grits

Post  Grits Tue 20 Apr 2010, 11:45 pm

Betty,

I sent you a private message. I'm really busy tonight with grandkids. Will talk soon!

Grits
    tongue
    kemokae

Post  kemokae Thu 22 Apr 2010, 6:18 am

I have been talking to Bob Anglin..he is in the Anglin DNA reports and he is in genofrum also, he gave me my hubby's mother's lineage back in Polk county..now I I could get get ahold of him again, as someone wiped out my email server and genofrum so I can't get in it, because they are writing things up differently I guess. I went to Massacheusetts in person to check out the connection of the Pierce family with George Washington and my mother's Larkins family..I looked at land deeds in particular, but I think Thomas Oliver Larkin first wife "Hannah Cordis" may of been
    an Washington "Custis" family in Virginia. These "Percels" in my mother's family whom are protecting my ancestor from beign wiped of the map in legacy, are also
    intermarried with the Washington Family. Thye are married into them in England also, and the Washington's were territorial neighbor's of my hubby's side, said to
    been at one time the ruling "Planegent" family. Rowland Lawson has then down in
    chart work "on-line" right now...as to exactly how that is. I had wondered since
    Hannah died so early in life supposedly, why her father left him most everthing they both owned back then, and then it donned on me, maybe there is an unkown child in this group the second wife isn't mentioning?...named Ann (Rogers)Cooper. I did find reference in census to an Thomas Larkin in Virgina at one time with an son and could never find out who he exactly was...there was no wife listed. The Percel's
    that married into my mother's Reed(Read) kinship and Strawn are on-line now also.
    But they have an line that was born in Jerusalem, and they were all loyal Masons.
    So I guess what I am saying is that they had been "templar knights" at one time.
    You most often have roots from "France" as well, and its appearing so from what I'm finding so far. Scotland has the only reference to the Masonic Lodge connection
    after you get out of France. The Sin Clairs were basically near th eEnglish/Scottish border area...Roseyln Chapel. The Wessingtons in England (Washngton's) put the "Scottish" Bruce family into rulership there to begin with. It is said that William the Conquor marched up to ther territory and stopped. They
    weilded such power in their day. I suspect the whole group were into founding the first colonies many times over in some way.
    There is considerable differenceit the history of the Lackey..vs, Hackney family
    in Virginia...but I see records continually of both groups conencted in various way. James lackey was sai dot been married to an Polly Anglen, another source says
    it was Margaret Anglin...and I have an John Lackey married to an Ann Watson I have been checkig out to see if she is Geroge Lawsons' daughter "Elizabeth" we have no information on her, but an source I found on her says the information isn't begin compatible on her to been an "Ann Watson" known. James Lackey lived near the
    so called "Bell Witch" in Tenneessee. Another source I have says that her name
    is Margaret and that she was originally an "Hackney"...and I have also yet, an strond indication that they were "Martin's" prior in family name, and Indian Captives. People are playing around with the records so badly these days, the real original information is being lost somewhat. You often have the same person with four or five different surnames now. The person whom in North Carolina squatted on the Jackson property there (Andrew Jackson's parents)...signed my hubby's grandfather's pension papers in Kentucky. But as far as I know our Lackey's were not from North Carolina...I have John Lackey m. Ann Watson Oct. 31,1791, from
    Amherst County, Va....and James lackey m. Polly Anglin Dec. 19, 1810 from Parrick
    Co., Va. The Monacan Indian Museum is in Amerherst County, and it was taken from
    Albermale co. prior, and I have many an recrod form there also. These Indians have an long write out or their legacy in the Cherokee Applicantion books, but they
    were nto accepted as Cherokees on their roles. Chief Moniac...was the first husband of what I think was my father's Gibson lie of Matilda...and we have an pictur eof her, and she looks every inch an Native American...I sent her picture to William
    Presley, uncle of Elvis, in an project aide of an Tennessee Library, as he says that she was also part of their kindship...she looks everything liek you would think an "Indian Princess" would look...she married into my dad's side as an secodn wife. I think that "Chief Monica" should of been though "Chief Pontiac" in other records and their ancestorial grounds were just north of the Geo. Washington home estates. Both your Stephanson's and Cloyd's at this time I've no direct records of with our group...nor Fullers...now I do have plenty of "Fowlers/Faquier's" though.
    Several times over with the Riley's. Do you have that "Edith Cromwell" married
    Lord Balitmore of Maryalnd?.. I have that in my records. I beleive one of our
    John Lawson's being ousted in England came here through them...he was married to
    an Catherine Howard in England, and her cousi was Anne Boylen..whom I think is
    "Boyd" over here..married Rev, Samuel Davis, only son of Rev. Samuel Davis founder of Princeton Uinversity in New Jersey. Elijah Darthin/Larkin of Rogersville, Tenn
    married Sarah Boyd..I have the Boyd family as "indian Agents" in Virginia. Davis are an grandomothers line to me, I'm beig force fed an "Thomas Davis" and I don't beleive it...at least so far, I think it's been made up. There si an Hammond family associated with the Margeret, daughter of Maryland John Larkins, that m. Edward Dorsey at one time. She looked to been robbed of his estate after his death by his
    kids, and left peniless, so she may be this witch Hackney/Hagerty later in the virginia "Lewis" Bio-augraphy. I can quote to you what was said about her...I bought "bio" because it has many Lawson "affliates" also in it..buried with them in
    Missouri, in the Lawson Cemetary or what's little left of it. Malinda is another of those families also...whom may be kind to my hubby direct. The Wilson, I have in Two ways, one marrie dthe Larkin as an secodn hubby in Chester Co. Pa. to Va. records of Larkin(s)...and they are also the female line m. the Chenoweths, m.
    the Davis in my maternal Larkins line...though I beleive as an sister. There si quite an tado abotu the Adair family in the Cherokee books also. But indeed I think it was an Anglin said they had known them for an long time. I have James Lackey of "Lackey's Creek" as "Chief Lackey" also...some say the captive grandson of Col. James Martin of Summerset Co., Pa. You have to undnerstand the Native American ways to understand thier legacy also. Many of them were allowed two wives at the same time if they were warriors, and could keep them living apart from each other...for some of them, they lived with about any woman they pleased.ADairs lived in the vicinty of Sequohah..at teh ro frot there just north of Chota...the Cherokee
    captial. Supposedly, James lackey was an teacher there, at what was called Hawaisee college. We found an reference to him with the Martin family decribed as an typical Indian(warrior)though, in being said "an preacher, teacher, and sometimes mostly drifter and never amount to much"..she says his wife's family was from Chillothe
    and he was visting them. Perhaps it was Margaret Anglen? Though it may of been the
    family of Techumseh also. The word Chilicothe was not the same as an town back then, it meant where ever the principle "Chief" lived at that time. That's why I said you have to know their ways. The peaceful Delawares have been with the family and the Washington's for an long time as "Scouts"...one of their clans was the uumi
    clan or "tuttle" and Tuchumseh's brtoher married "Turtle whom lays eggs in the sand"...when translated. The Sandusky River was not far from this area. The peaceful and christianized Delawares were attacked in Virgina and slaughtered, by white people...and they left the area and joined the Shawnees. Well, I must go for now.
    kemokae

Post  kemokae Thu 22 Apr 2010, 6:36 am

This is what this person does to me, I call them the "intruder" but my spelling is misconstrued, I am made to look like an "idiot" in what I say...and its been going on for way to many years....they must greatly "fear" me for some reason, to do this to me for so many years now. Why I have no idea, other then to control family data
    perhaps. I think they have some kind of program that mentions certain names or words and it flips over to it all maybe. If your unclear on anything just ask me to repeat it once again, or clairify it better.
    Grits
    Grits

Post  Grits Thu 22 Apr 2010, 11:22 pm

Hey kemokae,

You've done a lot of research! Wow! You and Betty are professionals, I'm just an amateur. tongue

The Sin Clairs were basically near th eEnglish/Scottish border area...Roseyln Chapel. The Wessingtons in England (Washngton's) put the "Scottish" Bruce family into rulership there to begin with.

I have these Sinclairs in my lines if everything I have found proves true.

Right now I'm still busy filling in as much of the tree as I can and then when I can go no further, I'm going to go back and start verifying everything I have.

I told Betty via private message that I'm going to ride up to Coosa County in a few weeks and investigate some cemeteries there. If you have any relatives that passed through Alabama via Coosa County, list their names and I'll look for them or any in central Alabama (Montgomery, Elmore, Coosa, Tallapoosa, Autauga, and Chilton Counties) that I might run into. I also plan to go to the Confederate Cemetery in Chilton County soon. I've been there before years ago but don't remember much about it and wasn't into family research at the time. I believe one of my ancestors may be buried there.

I'll have to wait a while, but I think I'll probably investigate some Georgia cemeteries in the future, but that will have to wait a bit.

Not sure if you've ever run across this link before, but it looks like something you would enjoy (especially the "Chiefs" page):

http://homepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~cmamcrk4/crkstndx.html#anchor1371463

Gotta run. I hope both you and Betty keep posting as I'm learning a lot from you two!

Thanks!
    tongue
    kemokae

Post  kemokae Fri 23 Apr 2010, 1:30 am

Thank you for th elink..it's my understanding that the Alabama is an "pocket" of
    those that went to Polk, co. Missouri...included captives of the Native Americans..
    but it also holds The Davis, Miller, Brown, and those that had been in Virgina in
    the Shanadoah Valley in the 1750's era..when or just before Fort Vause was destroyed. If that is of any help to. I'd be interested in names of your Lackey and Larkin(s) and varriants(Martin)...though I am being told to go to Murphy, North Carolina cemetaries an "walk" them, if "Dollywood" (Dolly Parton's theme Park) hasn't by now destroyed many of them.
    The Cherokee capital of Chota is buried under water..they erected an memorial in the area, but all the Indian towns back then are now gone....they allowed about three years for the archealogists to be in the area and then let the dam go into
    operation...flood the area.
    I beleive hubby's mother's was Mary Ingles/English/England/Anglin...her husband killed at Ft. Vause she was taken into captivity by the Shawnee and with an old Dutch woman, they later escaped...her son wrote an very famous book about this.
    She ever saw an few of her children. There was also an Mary Draper at the same time, though this recent information I found has them the same person. They found the orgins ow of the "Dutch" woman...in an Indian raid in Pensylvania, she had
    been married to an person went down in records and Jabcob Detush..he was killed in it. Some information came up recently on her, in that it says Mary (Draper) Ingles "bio"...born in Philadelphia to Geroge and Eleanor(Hardin) Draper whom came from Donegal, Ireland. Draper might be "Irish" but I doubt the "Ingles was as I
    have a picture of their estate in Bucks Co., Pa. (was New Jersey) at one time.
    The Hardin family married into George Lawson's chidlren...and his son "John Lawson"
    mentions both an "Eleanor" and his beloved "Sukey"..ro Susan...and she is in mid
    1700's at Fort Liggioner I would say as Mr. Gist's wife (Mordecai) trading goods
    with Indians no doubt..she sure is buying an lot of goods anyway...according to Chalkley's...this is one of the hubby's side I'm trying to put together. We were
    lucky in the George left an will. He stayed in Virgina, so the story goes and his
    wife went to Kentucky with her son's around 1790 or before. I am unsure if JOhn's beloved Sukey (Susan) was an sister as much as an wife. AS for Eleanor, she looks
    to been an "Rogers" maybe prior...but I have one that married an "Lakins" also
    later on. Many of them are Native Americans "hiding" under names of people they knew to throw others off their tails at time...they are leading double lives in ways. I am looking fo ran will of SEth Larkins also..and so far in Polk Co., MO I cae across an "Seth Walker DLM"...what ever that means..got any idea? That about does for me right now. Will try to keep future posting down an bit in lengh.
    sherryjeffries
    sherryjeffries

My genealogy research has produced some interesting results... Empty My genealogy too goes to Virginia Revolutionary war.

Post  sherryjeffries Fri 23 Apr 2010, 7:11 pm

I have over 50,000 people in my tree. My friend has 100,000 people. We found a common ancester President "John Adams" and linked the trees together. My side actually comes from Samual Adams, nephew of John. Anyway, I probably have some linkes with you all too. My husbands side is Jeffries/Cowden and my side is Anderson/Demarest.

We could easilly linke up at many different places. I think of it as a jigsaw puzzle.

Many records were destroyed during the revolutionary war so some of my additions are found by date/name/place commonality. Sometimes you have to do it that way. Also looking at the sons/daughters/husbands/wives will give you the link. Sometimes the record only a name, and later you find another family who has a link.

I had one that I found the link because the man had a son by a certain name. My family had the same name of a father of a wife. So you just kind of have to play with itl.
    kemokae

Post  kemokae Fri 23 Apr 2010, 10:52 pm

Yes, the Adams line is an big one, seems like we always run into an couple of them
    in something dealing with family lines...Arthur Sinclair was an "Mason" that George Washington gave the Govenorship to Ohio provided he built an "Fort" for him and so it was done, Fort Washington sits in Cinncinati, Ohio...in his "will" he gave much of his property to James Herrod, his comrade through the years and friend..James later became the founder of Harrodsburg, Kentucky. I am told also that my Eliza Ann (Berry) Davis m. James Glenn family was an grand-daughter of Col. Fountleroy also of Harrodsburg...I have yet to explore that, but I think they are French also. I have what "will" book to find it in, just have not made it back to Kentucky state archives to see it as of yet.
    There is much about Sinclair in Chalkey's. During the "initation" rights to become
    an "Templar Knight" in Europe..which stations correspond to the planets...was its start at Compostela, (St. James Cathedral)the most southern Templar station and along the coast line,(either Normany or Spain) starting out as an Celtic Church...and then they worked their way through FRance..in
    degrees as they called them..it started with "enlightment"..and went to Toulouse,
    where they learned the talents of the occultist, next they went to the Catheral of
    Orleans to learn that of being an warrior and was given knighthood upon completion,
    next they went to the undergrond chamber of la Vierge de Sous-Terre in the crypt of
    Chartles Cathedral..to deal with the death of the self..and left with every unconscious prejudice they posessed, these four stations are also known by the base chakra to the heart and the animals of Raven, the "intutive" Occultist, the
    "protective" warrior and the Lion...the fifth and sixth degrees were at Notre-Dame
    de Paris, its lessons dealt with communication, power of sound, influence, and the 6th degree was at the Cathderal of Ameiens, where one's talents were taken into the spiritual world to gain "insight". all of these stations are in FRance, the last, seven miles from Edinenburg, Scotland is Rossyln Chapel..and there..if they made the test became "one" with God. Throughout it all they had learned humilty, to face thier fears, to strengthen themselves, have many perfected "earthly" talents and dedicate their lives and souls to God. There were very few whom made it to this last status. Some say they were the "protectors" of high Priest's of ancient Jersusalem. So Earl William Sinclair was an exceptional man. There are many cross symbologies to these stations also not entirely mentioned, one of them of course is that they lay out an pattern in the sky of the planets...perhaps they had planetary Oracles also.
    To read an extremely interesting book about this, read "Rosslyn"..Guardians of the Secret of the Holy Grail...Tim Wallace-Murphy and Marilyn Hopkins, an Barns and Noble reprint in 2000...it's probably in your local library. By the time they
    finish their pilgrimage, you understand that they no longer "live" for themselves
    but like "priest's" their very "being" is to further the "God-concept-principles" in the world. You could stand amoung the most important of them and their humilty
    and simpliness of life style, you would never know it. Nor did they look down upon their peer society. The O'Neal...or Neely family according to the Virginia Geneologist Volumes and an Mason also, arranged for George Washington's funeral.
    I found him not to far from Arthur Sinclair near West Virginia before going to
    Ohio. The Neely family bought the ground (Virginia)that the Kreider family (that may been my relatives by maternal marriage) land deeds after Peter Krider was killed by Indians as they worked thier way to Fort Vause to kill everyone there or take them captive. You must understand the "ways" of the Mason's to know them from others. But also the "French an Indian" war and its effects in this part of Virginia as the British come into the Rev. War era...adn our nation is forged from
    it as well. The above book will also talk about the SinClair family and Rosslyn Chapel somewhat...it's significance. I believe that George Washington must of had
    Delaware Indian "Scouts" in his group...but I'll keep trying to find such people as one known "William Nimo"...to see if I can find an tribe for him or other information. The "turtle clan" of the Delawares was called "unmi" in their language translated. MOst often in census...for the Government records, they gave the Indians an "Christainzed" so called "first" name and an translation of their Indian name for an last name. This name is not in my Cherokee applications, but "Neal"
    is...perhaps captives at one time?
    Grits
    Grits

Post  Grits Sat 24 Apr 2010, 1:57 pm

kemokae, I went to school with some Lackeys. They were all red-headed. Do your Lackeys have red hair?

My Ballentine line has lots of red-heads also.

I will make a list of all the names y'all mention and look for them when I start checking out the local cemeteries.
    Grits
    Grits

Post  Grits Sat 24 Apr 2010, 11:37 pm

Hey kemokae,

I ran across this while doing some research:

It's a photo and here is the caption:
    Comments about this photo:
    Anglin family Reunion: Luveda Anglin Forest, Hellon Anglin Daniels, Della Lorene Anglin Lewis, Virgil Anglin, David Milton Anglin, Floyd Marion Anglin, spouses and children

http://www.ancientfaces.com/research/photo/375682

Are any of these yours?

Also, the reason I found it was I was looking for Gilliland and a Gilliland married an Anglin but I don't think I am connected.

Here is that photo:

http://www.ancientfaces.com/research/photo/388004

Grits
    tongue
    kemokae

Post  kemokae Mon 26 Apr 2010, 5:40 am

Bob Anglin didn't mention any of these with the DNA on the Anglin family in reguard to ours, we do have an town named after one of the women though I was thinking it was something like Chasity or Charity..I don't remember...and can't get to my corespondence because of the fact someone took out my e-mailer server, went to earthboppin and made them disagreeable to me (now that they are being an bonfide "gang" these days in approvals and disapprovals)...and that's what you get, since I posted as to rather "Rock" had anything as to "teach" others... I now have to refresh to get on to my internet page..that has been since this afternoon. I am not surprised if I never see Malinda again, they worked her over so badly doing this kind of stuff...she just wasn't fitting in their "group"..they said they adored her, but you don't see them asking about her do you?...no..but hey, they are the first to yell discrimination..they do not see where they do it themselves. If you will take note, "Rock" making columns of bandwidth an really not saying an dam thing worthwile...Ain't he just the "cutest" though...what purpose does he serve..himself?..maybe. He will destroy "Boppin" eventually. I've seen this kind do it before...one reason "Sprit-web" went down when they were so brazen to the web amster called "the fire" as to say they had more say then she did...leave them alone...so she "shut it down" cold flat one day...stating..you never gave an dime to me to run this web site, and I AM the webmaster and if you don't like go get your own web site...and of course the rest of us suffered for it...many of them had much intelligience sharing there...that is where I meet peopel like Chopra the first time, Gregg Braden way back when, many of the "elite" new age comers back then that ar eno ton the internet these days, unless they have their own web site..James Gilliland was another one. Sad. But anyway, my persons I'm looking for and we have found them is Robert Miles that married Mary Elizabeth Anglin in Polk County, Missouri. Bob went right to their doorstep for me, told me all about them pretty much. There was an name association he linked me up to and that was an Ruthie Gann, and she was an adoptive of the Miller Family in Virginia...she is in the Cherokee application book also. My hubby's mother much looked Cherokee with her dark hair and coloring..what I have not been able to pin-point down was there was another generation between her an Mary Ingles. We know that Mary came back from her captivity and re-married John Miller, went to North Carolina and we know some of Mary's children did not return to her either...were raised by the Native Americans. WE have information on all those in her household though pretty much. Robert Miles family was one of four brothers, in Phildephia that ran an distillery business, and most likely was selling it to the Indians. That's how Techuseh became quite the alcohoic of his day for an while. Col. Butler was the main go-between with them as an trader in this. Most likely some where down
    along the line someone bought Mary Elizabeth Anglin back again, or her mother...if
    she was an daughter to Mary Ingles. Cherokee Application #35..My name is Samuel Z. G. Anglen..I was born in Polk, County, Mo 185? (smear)..I claim ny Cherokee blood through my mother, I make no claim through my father, Thomas Brown. My mother was born in Polk, Co. MO. in 1832. Thomas Brown got his Indian blood through his father Alexanger Brown. It is from this Alexander Brown, of earlier Monroe Co., Tenn that their claim was rejected to being Cherokee. That did not though mean they were not Native American..just that they were not "Cherokee". Most this group started out in an couple generations earlier in Virgina. They were all much into the captivity of the various Indian tribes going through the area. Many did indeed start out as white people in their "roots". Ingles (Ingram) I would say were most likely "Germans". Most likely made "rifles" like many Germans did that followed the military and the Scot-Irish into the Shanandoha Valley...with many also blacksmith's as well. The Miles family were fairly famous in Philadephia..their Samuel Miles was an Mayor of the city at one time supposedly. Just an matter of finding them. My mother in-law was left an widow fairly early by her husband, whom
    through an job accident got cancer from his injuries and died. She stayed pretty
    much unto herlsef raising her huge brood of children..seh does have an sister though, now deceased by the name of Mrs. William (Edna) Hensley...whom lived in
    Oklahoma. Her son was said to been an CEO of John Deere Tractor...was fairly well
    known.
    As to the Gilliand family...I know how they are related to my mother's "Larkin"
    side, its pretty well documented...fairly easily found. Thank you for your concern.
    Had I not ran into Bob Anglen, I most likely would of never know as much as I do today. He still does DNA work on the lineages also.
    Grits
    Grits

Post  Grits Mon 26 Apr 2010, 11:23 pm

I just found out this weekend something new about my great-grandmother who I was in awe of as a child. She was a free spirit if there ever was one. Very gypsy-like...lol

Twins run in our family. I have twins. My grandmother was a twin and now I find out that my great-grandmother's mother died in childbirth having twins (who also did not survive). My great-grandmother named her twins Estee (S-T) and Uvee (U-V). Isn't that nutty? affraid Uvee died at about 1 y.o. Estee was my grandmother. Anyway, my great-grandmother divorced and remarried a Zeigler, so we always called her Ma Zeigler, but I was thinking how hard it must have been for her to carry twins knowing that her own mother had died having twins...sigh

Ma Zeigler was quite a character. So much so that her daughter-in-law wrote a book about her. It's nice to have her story in book form although there are differing stories in the family about how true it all is...lol

I had had a dickens of a time finding my great-grandmother's roots and then I stumbled on a mother lode of information. She was connected to the early Webb's in this country that trace again back to Isle of Wight, Va. The 1st Webb mentioned in the U.S. is Henry Webb b: 1638 in Isle of Wight County, Virginia who married a Mary Wentworth.

Betty, kemokae, Sherry....do you have info on him????

Then the researcher I found had traced all the way back to Scandinavia with this line which answers my sister's long held question of if we had any Scandinavians in our background. Well, yes we do! My dad and my next oldest sister are both blond with blue eyes and very Scandinavian looking. My sister has been told that all her life....so, now we know why...lol

I hope I'm not boring y'all. This is just so fascinating to me...

Talk soon...it's Jack Bauer night so I'll be back tomorrow.

Grits
    tongue
    Grits
    Grits

Post  Grits Sun 02 May 2010, 6:42 pm

How cool is this?

I found a picture of my gggg grandfather's home. See link:

http://www.nationalregister.sc.gov/lexington/S10817732037/pages/S1081773203701.htm

Here is the text in the link:
    Quote:
    The Ballentine-Shealy House is a significant example of a second generation pioneer residence. It is a one-and-one half-story, log building sheathed in weatherboard with a gable roof of standing seam metal. It appears to have been constructed in the late eighteenth or early nineteenth century by William Ballentine. Ballentine’s granddaughter married Daniel Shealy and moved into the house sometime after 1850. From 1905 until the mid-1950s the house was the site of Shealy family reunions, sometimes attracting crowds of 2,500 people. The basically rectangular house has shed rooms on the rear and a one-story shed-roofed front porch with an enclosed room on the right. An original Suffolk latch and wrought strap hinges adorn the shed room’s board and batten door. The house has a hall-and-parlor plan and an enclosed stair. An open breezeway connects the house to the ca. 1870 kitchen, which has a fieldstone and brick chimney and a side porch. Remaining outbuildings include a dilapidated dairy, a small log barn, and a well house. Listed in the National Register November 22, 1983.
    Unquote

Maybe I can visit one day!

Grits
    tongue

P.S. A mystery: This William Ballentine married a Shealy and then their granddaughter/or daughter (still checking) in turn marries a Shealy...hmmmm Guess I'll figure out if they are kissing cousins later...lol

edited to add: Okay, I figured it out. This was actually my ggggg grandfather's house, so it was his granddaughter he left it to. He was born in 1773 and another document on the page says the house was built between 1793 and 1820. There's a whole bunch of Williams in a row and I didn't go back far enough.

Even more cool!
    melinda
    melinda

Post  melinda Mon 03 May 2010, 1:14 am

~grits~

yep! i remember my families homes that were simply hand built cabins.

i'd move right in!

i loved to visit my daddy's aunt florie's beautiful cabin in the mountains.

she had made feather beds for sleeping in! handmade soaps...the gardens and
    rivers and creeks ...we were fed like the earthpov intended folk to have!

my elders had no need for money! that is why their skills were paid so well.

they did not see the slavery that accepting $money$ for their skills created.

i see that slavery..and i do not accept it as a partition of my life.

i am so dum...i accept poverty

for i feel blessed to have the weeds and water and sky and breath

like a dum ole shaman

melinda

confused
    kemokae

Post  kemokae Tue 04 May 2010, 1:10 am

Grits wrote:How cool is this?

I found a picture of my gggg grandfather's home. See link:

http://www.nationalregister.sc.gov/lexington/S10817732037/pages/S1081773203701.htm

Here is the text in the link:
    Quote:
    The Ballentine-Shealy House is a significant example of a second generation pioneer residence. It is a one-and-one half-story, log building sheathed in weatherboard with a gable roof of standing seam metal. It appears to have been constructed in the late eighteenth or early nineteenth century by William Ballentine. Ballentine’s granddaughter married Daniel Shealy and moved into the house sometime after 1850. From 1905 until the mid-1950s the house was the site of Shealy family reunions, sometimes attracting crowds of 2,500 people. The basically rectangular house has shed rooms on the rear and a one-story shed-roofed front porch with an enclosed room on the right. An original Suffolk latch and wrought strap hinges adorn the shed room’s board and batten door. The house has a hall-and-parlor plan and an enclosed stair. An open breezeway connects the house to the ca. 1870 kitchen, which has a fieldstone and brick chimney and a side porch. Remaining outbuildings include a dilapidated dairy, a small log barn, and a well house. Listed in the National Register November 22, 1983.
    Unquote

Maybe I can visit one day!

Grits
    tongue

P.S. A mystery: This William Ballentine married a Shealy and then their granddaughter/or daughter (still checking) in turn marries a Shealy...hmmmm Guess I'll figure out if they are kissing cousins later...lol

edited to add: Okay, I figured it out. This was actually my ggggg grandfather's house, so it was his granddaughter he left it to. He was born in 1773 and another document on the page says the house was built between 1793 and 1820. There's a whole bunch of Williams in a row and I didn't go back far enough.

Even more cool!

I know the Ballentines...they married into the Heaton's my daughter in-law's step-father. I have an picture, actually several of relatives home, I think one might be
    my fourth grandfather's house back in the mid-west..before coming out to Oregon,
    I also have one of them that was bought and taken into town and two more wings
    built off it, its now owned by an Doctor...and I have an third picture sent to me by the family down in California. I also have an picture of James Riley's family
    log home..it was really tiny in Indidana...definately an settler's cabin. Family has since built an much biggger and nicer home.
    kemokae

Post  kemokae Tue 04 May 2010, 1:19 am

melinda wrote:~grits~

yep! i remember my families homes that were simply hand built cabins.

i'd move right in!

i loved to visit my daddy's aunt florie's beautiful cabin in the mountains.

she had made feather beds for sleeping in! handmade soaps...the gardens and
    rivers and creeks ...we were fed like the earthpov intended folk to have!

my elders had no need for money! that is why their skills were paid so well.

they did not see the slavery that accepting $money$ for their skills created.

i see that slavery..and i do not accept it as a partition of my life.

i am so dum...i accept poverty

for i feel blessed to have the weeds and water and sky and breath

like a dum ole shaman

melinda

confused
    I have seen some of those "mountain cabin" homes renovated/or polished up a bit and they are indeed "charming" Melinda. I think it's because they have such "character" to them at times...for their simplicity. I'll have to look around and see if I can find any of the magazines on them that I have. Send some to you to stir your memeories someday. Always warm and comfy..and food ready from the fireplace.
    People liked to stop by them also, cup of coffee and an bit of "talk" of what's going on, sometimes they brought fresh baked pies or bread..very neighborly.
    Clothes hanging out on the line to dry near by outside. Always an joke or two
    to make one's troubles "lighter" in some rediculous goings on lately. There was an sense of real "security" in them of an well built and cared for "home" despite its size.
    melinda
    melinda

Post  melinda Tue 04 May 2010, 2:17 am

~kemokae~

i have a clothesline

we use it everyday...weather permitting.

i have a modern electric clothes dryer too...

yet, i only use it when i have no choice.

i truly love my electric washing machine!

because i remember washing day up in the mountains....

boiling the clothes in the big cast iron wash pot out back..

scrubbing them with hand made lye soap on an old wash board and sometimes using a bristle brush.

i appreciate the modern appliances we have...yet, i can still live the way we did in olden times. i know hard work.

people did not have a lot of clothes back then. and they did not wash them daily as we seem to do. and forget about drycleaning! that did not exist.

i remember biddy granny had 2 aprons. one was her everyday apron...the other was the apron she wore for 'company', the word 'company', actually meant...visitors...guests...up in the mountains.

making the cloth for an apron and actually sewing the apron was easier than making a pile of clothes, eh?

i even remember handmade buttons. i had a collection of them, that were stolen.

never forget the beautiful patchwork quilts!

in olden days...the scraps from old clothes were used to make these beautiful quilts.

they even grew their own cotton...hemp and sheep...for to make their own cloth.

lots of plants make lovely cloth.

as well as the dyes from clays and plants.

our ancestors were all true artisans.

and all of that was simply for their own life.

not a corporate slave lifestyle.

there is a lesson here...as well as a blessing.

i guarantee~

melinda the earthboppin' dove

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 2:11 am