Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

2 posters

"Dirty Santa"

Grits
    Grits

"Dirty Santa" Empty "Dirty Santa"

Post  Grits Mon 10 Dec 2012, 10:47 pm

Does anyone else play "Dirty Santa" as a gift exchange (at work or at home)? Ours is $20 or less, so you are kinda limited as to what you can do...

I was racking my brain trying to come up with something funny for the one we have at work and I finally settled on a 12/21/2012 doomsday preparation kit of sorts... Very Happy

I bought a small battery operated lantern, two very nice large scented candles, and a candle lighter (almost like a cigarette lighter but bigger). I'm not sure if they will think it is funny, but I sure did...lol

The only thing that would make it better is if I had a big pack of Twinkies to add to it...lol

Anyone else do this?

Grits
    Very Happy

beejean
    beejean

"Dirty Santa" Empty Re: "Dirty Santa"

Post  beejean Tue 11 Dec 2012, 2:48 am

We call it a "Yankee Swap" -- probably not popular nomenclature in your area.

I like the doomsday kit idea. but maybe you needed oil lamps, and oil refills.

One year we all brought wine, without even checking with each other. It's a group of 5 siblings with their spouses. Then we banned wine for the next year. That following year everyone brought DVD videos except for me, who brought a bamboo chip tray with two white porecelin dip bowls for each side, which nobody wanted. Guess they eat Slim Jims during the superbowl. The knoshing station became the re-gift it gift.

This year everybody will probably bring batteries and tuna because the paltry money wouldn't cover gas masks... I wonder how the batteries will work after getting struck with cosmic rays. Maybe they'll be weakened. if anyone knows, fill me in, please .

Have fun !

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 5:53 pm