Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

4 posters

The coming possible catastropic events from a biblical perspective...

johnl
    johnl

The coming possible catastropic events from a biblical perspective... - Page 2 Empty Re: The coming possible catastropic events from a biblical perspective...

Post  johnl Thu 15 Nov 2012, 10:18 pm

I did a brief research of Zechariah, especially chapter 14. This links to what might be commonly accepted for Zechariah 14:

http://www.truthnet.org/Zechariah/Chapter14/Zechariah-14.htm

This links to an Adventist version (fairly long) which briefly goes through the whole book of Zechariah. Although I disagree with some points, some of their ideas seem to be insightful.

http://www.teachinghearts.org/dre17hpropzech.html

This might be a significant excerpt about the building of the Temple:

The Last Temple In Jerusalem.
    It makes no sense for God to rebuild a temple and restart animal sacrifices because the death of Christ was sufficient for all sin. In addition, there will be no more death after He comes so animals cannot be killed as sacrifices or as symbols of what Christ has done. After the death of Christ, the Lamb of God, He removed the old temple and stopped the sacrifices and He has created historical situations to guarantee that another temple will not be built on that site in His name. Another temple will be built. However, it will be built by Christ in the New Jerusalem. This is the temple.

Jesus himself said that He was the temple: (John 2:18-21)

Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things?
    Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
    Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
    But he spake of the temple of his body.
    IMO, rebuilding a temple in Jerusalem might just be part of a plan to set up the anti-christ, a counterfeit messiah. The real temple might be the one described in Revelation 21, built in the New Jerusalem. Unlike most bible students, I think the New Jerusalem will come shortly after the second coming of Christ, during the final millenium on earth.

Since satan and the fallen angels know that their time is short, they’ll probably try to set up a fake scenario that both christians and muslims might accept – such as surrounding Israel with armies, instigate wars and rumors of wars, set up a false messiah supposedly from the line of David through the phony Merovingian line (as stated in Dan Brown’s book “The DaVinci Code”). build a temple close to the dimensions given in the OT, such as the temple that Solomon built.

John
    Grits
    Grits

The coming possible catastropic events from a biblical perspective... - Page 2 Empty Re: The coming possible catastropic events from a biblical perspective...

Post  Grits Sat 24 Nov 2012, 5:34 pm

Been busy with the holidays, but wanted to post this here and see what you think John...

Obama’s pledge of US troops to Sinai next week won Israel’s nod for ceasefire

Binyamin Netanyahu agreed to a ceasefire for halting the eight-day Israeli Gaza operation Wednesday night, Nov. 21, after President Barack Obama personally pledged to start deploying US troops in Egyptian Sinai next week, debkafile reports. The conversation, which finally tipped the scales for a ceasefire, took place on a secure line Wednesday morning, just hours before it was announced in Cairo. The US and Israeli leaders spoke at around the time that a terrorist was blowing up a Tel Aviv bus, injuring 27 people.

and:

When Secretary of State Hillary Clinton arrived in Jerusalem from Bangkok Tuesday, she tried assuring Netanyahu that President Obama had decided to accelerate the construction of an elaborate US system of electronic security fences along the Suez Canal and northern Sinai. It would also cork up the Philadelphi route through which arms are smuggled into the Gaza Strip. (The US Sinai fence project was first disclosed exclusively by DEBKA-Net-Weekly 564 on Nov. 9).

What do you make of this?...and it brought to mind MC's dreams about the Sinai...

Grits
    Grits

Post  Grits Sat 08 Dec 2012, 12:47 am

John,

More on our recent discussion of Babylon...

Clarence Larkin - Babylon the Great

“MYSTERY,”

Babylon the Great,

The Mother of Harlots

And

Abominations of the Earth.”

The eighteenth chapter speaks of a “City,” a literal city, called “Babylon the Great.” That the “Woman” and the “City” do not symbolize the same thing is clear, for what is said of the “Woman” does not apply to a city, and what is said of the “City” does not apply to a woman. The “Woman” is destroyed by the “Ten Kings,” while the “Kings of the Earth” in the next chapter, “bewail and lament” the destruction of the “City,” which is not destroyed by them, but by a mighty earthquake and fire. Again the “Woman” is destroyed Three and a Half Years BEFORE THE CITY; and the fact that the first verse of chapter eighteen says—“after these things,” that is after the destruction of the “Woman” what happens to the “City” occurs, shows that the “Woman” and the “City” are not one and the same.

The “Woman’s” name is—
    “MYSTERY, Babylon the Great.”

More at the link...
    johnl
    johnl

Post  johnl Sat 08 Dec 2012, 11:05 am

hi Grits,

IMO the “woman” in Rev 17 and the “city” in Rev 18 are the same – Jerusalem.

from the article:
    and the fact that the first verse of chapter eighteen says—“after these things,” that is after the destruction of the “Woman” what happens to the “City” occurs, shows that the “Woman” and the “City” are not one and the same.

These verses tell what happened to the woman, destroyed by the 10 horns (possibly the muslims surrounding Jerusalem):
    Revelation 17:16
    And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

Rev 18:1-- might refer back to the “woman” and describes the “woman” as controlling mercantile ships and cities. A far-out example might be how in the TV-movie “Tommyknockers” a hidden UFO was using crystal radiation to control the behavior of the nearby townspeople. Eventually, the City of London, the Vatican, NY City, Hong Kong, Iran, etc. might be controlled by hidden powers, but the city that pulls the strings of all the great mercantile and false-religious cities of the world, might be Jerusalem, apparently referred to as the great city.” <Rev. 11:8> The hidden power is the dragon (satan).

And their dead bodies (the 2 witnesses) shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Rev. 18:1,2
    And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.

And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

So after the “woman” in Rev 17 has been destroyed by the 10 horns, an angel came down and proclaimed that “Babylon the great is fallen” – IMO, referring back to the “babylon” of chapter 17.

This describes the seductive powers that “babylon” had over the kings and merchants of the earth. (Rev. 18:6)

For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

from the linked article:

About the middle of the 5th century Theodoret speaks of Babylon as being inhabited only by Jews, who had still three Jewish Universities, and in the last year of the same century the “Babylonian Talmud” was issued, and recognized as authoritative by the Jews of the whole world.

The “Babylonian Talmud” might indicate how the depravity of the Babylonian spirit had very strongly influenced the exiled Jews.

We can agree to disagree and see what happens.

John
    beejean
    beejean

Post  beejean Mon 10 Dec 2012, 12:00 am

Hi John and Grits,

I'll make this brief because I am thinking that the objective through exegesis and study to settle the ID of the whore of Babylon and "city' is something that will probably become apparent as events continue to unfold in the Middle East, Mahgreb, Sinai, Turkey, the Peloponnese region, and Balkans. these areas are known for being an incubator of Mystery religions. Jerusalem does not comprise the area that first comes to mind when we first consider the mystery schools.

But I wish you luck in decoding the hidden references in Revelations. I keep hoping the two great prophets will become known and help us to cut through all the hidden moves, politics, and byzantine twists of events over there by announcing the news of the Word for modern times.

Stay safe !

All the best, beejean
    johnl
    johnl

Post  johnl Mon 10 Dec 2012, 7:19 am

hi beejean,

I have the book “Mideast Beast” by Joel Richardson, who thinks that the the anti-christ will come from a muslim country. That might make it more possible for the mystery babylon to be in a muslim country also. Interestingly, Saddam tried to reconstruct the city of Babylon in Iraq.

This links to an article suggesting that Dubai might be the mystery Babylon --

http://michigal.blogspot.com/2007/12/dubai-new-babylon-of-bible.html

However, I still think Dubai, NY City, Hollywood and Las Vegas, Hong Kong and Macao, Istanbul, Rome, London, etc. will all be controlled from Jerusalem.

“What does it profit a man, if he gains the whole world, and lose his own soul?” (Matthew 16:26)

John
    Grits
    Grits

Post  Grits Mon 10 Dec 2012, 10:41 pm

Hey beejean!

Hey John!

beejean, you are so right. There are still many mysteries that remain, but I believe God loves it when we seek out His mysteries. I'm not sure what I think about Babylon. I've been busy as of late getting my new computer set up and getting ready for our big family Christmas bash we have here every year so I haven't had time to catch up on our latest discussion.

I promise I'll add more a little bit later this week.

God Bless you both!
    Grits
    Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 4:50 am