Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

3 posters

Today's Promise from the Bible

Grits
    Grits

Today's Promise from the Bible Empty Today's Promise from the Bible

Post  Grits Wed 29 Aug 2012, 1:28 am

Today's Bible Promise is one of my favorite promises in the Bible! study

1 Thessalonians 4:15-18
    For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive [and] remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Reflection
    Behold! For Christ comes a new! His promised return is the final hope for His church. In spite of the suffering we are bound to experience through these tumultuous last days, we share in a hope promised since long ago—as Christ ascended to heaven, He will certainly return. He will return in glory to lead the church victorious over the forces of darkness. We shall all be changed! No more shall the church suffer in Christ's name! Rather she shall glory in victory in Christ's name!

cheers bounce cheers

http://promises.blueletterbible.org/
    Grits
    Grits

Today's Promise from the Bible Empty Re: Today's Promise from the Bible

Post  Grits Sat 01 Sep 2012, 2:09 am

Today's Bible Promise... study

John 5:24
    Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Reflection
    Here lies the unfathomable hope that all Christians share alike: By the blood of Jesus Christ, we pass out of death and despair and into eternal life full of joy.

I love you
    Grits
    Grits

Post  Grits Sun 09 Sep 2012, 2:04 am

Today's Bible Promise study

2 Corinthians 5:17
    Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Reflection
    How beautiful it is to be found in Christ Jesus! Our natures of corruption and villainy are done away with and recreated both new and perfected. Let all praise and honour go to His majestic greatness for all His splendid works!

Christ completely changed my life once I gave myself completely over to Him!

Praise the Lord!
    cheers
    Grits
    Grits

Post  Grits Sun 09 Sep 2012, 6:52 pm

Jeremiah 29:13
    And ye shall seek me, and find [me], when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Reflection
    God promises to be found when sought after with our whole hearts. How wonderful then, that it is He who places that longing within us. It is He who gives our hearts of stone to be hearts of flesh. Glory to God that He is merciful to draw us near! Praise to the Lord that He first loved us! Live now as righteous, taking heart in the gospel joy of the Lord!

God loves it when we search the scriptures for knowledge of Him!

Smile
    Grits
    Grits

Post  Grits Wed 12 Sep 2012, 12:30 am

Hebrews 4:9-10
    There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God [did] from his.

Reflection
    Our gracious Father offers His children the beautiful promise of complete rest in Him. The author here makes an earnest plea to the recipient of the epistle—let us receive this abundant spiritual life that God has made available to us. May we take strength in His eternal rest!

Additional Reading for tonight as I thought this was a particularly good one:

Morning and Evening
    Charles Haddon Spurgeon
    September 11th
    Morning Reading

"Be ye separate." — 2 Corinthians 6:17

The Christian, while in the world, is not to be of the world. He should be distinguished from it in the great object of his life. To him, “to live,” should be “Christ.” Whether he eats, or drinks, or whatever he does, he should do all to God’s glory. You may lay up treasure; but lay it up in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, where thieves break not through nor steal. You may strive to be rich; but be it your ambition to be “rich in faith,” and good works. You may have pleasure; but when you are merry, sing psalms and make melody in your hearts to the Lord. In your spirit, as well as in your aim, you should differ from the world. Waiting humbly before God, always conscious of His presence, delighting in communion with Him, and seeking to know His will, you will prove that you are of heavenly race. And you should be separate from the world in your actions. If a thing be right, though you lose by it, it must be done; if it be wrong, though you would gain by it, you must scorn the sin for your Master’s sake. You must have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. Walk worthy of your high calling and dignity. Remember, O Christian, that thou art a son of the King of kings. Therefore, keep thyself unspotted from the world. Soil not the fingers which are soon to sweep celestial strings; let not these eyes become the windows of lust which are soon to see the King in His beauty—let not those feet be defiled in miry places, which are soon to walk the golden streets—let not those hearts be filled with pride and bitterness which are ere long to be filled with heaven, and to overflow with ecstatic joy.

Then rise my soul! and soar away,
    Above the thoughtless crowd;
    Above the pleasures of the gay,
    And splendours of the proud;

Up where eternal beauties bloom,
    And pleasures all divine;
    Where wealth, that never can consume,
    And endless glories shine.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/me/view.cfm
    Grits
    Grits

Post  Grits Wed 12 Sep 2012, 9:05 pm

Psalm 91:11
    For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

Reflection
    As we abide in the light of our Father, we are given protection beyond all comprehension. These heavenly angels are encamped all about us as they guard our every path throughout this life. Indeed, absolutely nothing shall ever prevail against us as we walk in the light! For He is our rock! He is our mighty fortress!

What a reassuring message!

Grits
    Very Happy
    Grits
    Grits

Post  Grits Thu 13 Sep 2012, 10:11 pm

2 Corinthians 1:20
    For all the promises of God in him [are] yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

Reflection
    God keeps His promises. No matter what His promise may be, He will keep it—and it will be a "Yes" in Christ. Because of His faithfulness through Christ, our proper response should be "Amen," in order that we give Him glory. This should be the goal of all who believe—the further glory of God.

sunny
    beejean
    beejean

Post  beejean Thu 13 Sep 2012, 11:17 pm

Grits wrote:Today's Bible Promise study

Psalm 91:11
    For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

!

Grits

O Holy Angel,
    attendant of my wretched soul
    and of mine afflicted life,
    forsake me not, a sinner,
    neither depart from me for mine inconstancy.
    Give no place to the evil demon to subdue me
    with the oppression of this mortal body;
    but take me by my wretched and outstretched hand,
    and lead me in the way of salvation. Amen
    Grits
    Grits

Post  Grits Fri 14 Sep 2012, 11:35 pm

Amen to your message, beejean!

Today's Bible Promise! study

Philippians 4:19
    But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Reflection
    God is all-powerful. He is able to provide for every need that meets a believer in his walk with Christ. As humans we often think of "needs" in the light of food, shelter, and physical amenities. However, our "real" needs are spiritual, for our spirit is eternal. Jesus has provided for all of our spirital needs. As the Apostle Peter says in his second letter:

According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that [pertain] unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. (2 Peter 1:3-4)

The Philippians trusted in God's promises, and they gave to the Lord's work out of what little they possessed. Praise God that we can trust in Him for our daily provision of all our needs!

This, to me, is a serious message given world events today and a reminder that God will provide.

On a lighter note: I love God's sense of humor. Never do we hear Him say He will give us what we "want" but like any good father, He will give us what we need. I can't tell you how many times in life, I have been down to my last dime and had no money to do something I needed to do...and out of nowhere would come the money. One time it was a refund on an old account I had closed out. A few times I just had people out of the blue hand me some money and say "I felt you need this."...and many more stories. I don't test God in those situations, but I do TRUST Him... cheers

...and it's not always financial. Many times something simple lifts a load off my shoulders. Just the other day I was feeling down and that I had lost my "voice" so to speak, and I happened to glance at this very board and see that my old (2 yrs. old) "Today's Bible Promise" thread had over 2000 views!...and on a board that really doesn't get a lot of traffic!

It was like a message to say, "Don't stop sharing. Some are listening."... cheers
    Grits
    Grits

Post  Grits Wed 19 Sep 2012, 12:25 am

Hebrews 11:6
    But without faith [it is] impossible to please [him]: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and [that] he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Reflection
    What is faith? It is trusting in the work of another. Therefore, we cannot please Him until we place all our trust and faith in Christ; for He is the author and finisher of our faith who will reward those who will seek His face.

I imagine it must be hard for those that believe the Bible is simply a "fairy tale" to even imagine what if feels like to experience the presence of God. God places SO MUCH evidence of His being in this world. I remember reading "The Signature of God" by Grant Jeffreys many years ago. The statistics in that book are astounding. Put that together with all the biblical archaeology discoveries and it's very hard for me to see how anyone cannot believe...and yet, with all the physical evidence, all God asks for us to do is to "simply believe" and "trust"...something very simple but yet for some so hard...sigh

Sending up a prayer for more to come to know our Lord... sunny
    Grits
    Grits

Post  Grits Thu 20 Sep 2012, 1:57 am

Psalm 103:12
    As far as the east is from the west, [so] far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

Reflection
    God's forgiveness is immeasurable! Though we be drowned in sin—though we be true sons of Adam steeped in iniquity—God will ever draw His people into His fold and cleanse them from the death-stain of their corruption. Rest in the Lord's forgiveness and go forth in new righteousness!

This reminds me of one of my favorite Bible verses although it is surrounded by very somber verses:

Isa 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

My sins were many, more than most I would say...thank you Father for forgiving me... I love you
    Grits
    Grits

Post  Grits Sat 22 Sep 2012, 10:51 pm

1 Corinthians 1:30
    But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Reflection
    "All we have we have from God as the fountain, and in and through Christ as the channel of conveyance. He is made of God to us all we need, or can desire. We are foolishness, ignorant and blind in the things of God, with all our boasted knowledge; and He is made wisdom to us. We are guilty, obnoxious to justice; and He is made righteousness, our great atonement and sacrifice. We are depraved and corrupt; and He is made sanctification, the spring of our spiritual life; from him, the head, it is communicated to all the members of his mystical body by his Holy Spirit. We are in bonds, and he is made redemption to us, our Saviour and deliverer."

I believe a person's thinking processes change once they become "born again". I know mine did. Change in people's actions may not happen at once or it may happen in a flash. Mine has been long process of change in actions but my thoughts changed almost immediately. This is the beginning of the process of sanctification... sunny
    Grits
    Grits

Post  Grits Tue 02 Oct 2012, 1:52 am

I've been having a few health issues so missed a few days...but feeling better now. cheers

Today's Bible Promise

1 Corinthians 1:30
    But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Reflection
    God is the one who chose us from the foundation of the world. He chose us as the foolish things of the world so that, in Christ, His wisdom would be declared. Christ has become our divine wisdom, which is our righteousness, holiness, and our redemption. Though we might be of little value in the world's eyes, we are of the vastest worth in God's eyes—for it was Christ Himself who gave His life to redeem us.

cheers
    Grits
    Grits

Post  Grits Tue 06 Nov 2012, 12:34 am

John 14:2-3
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if [it were] not [so], I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, [there] ye may be also.

Reflection
    What an awesome promise! Right now, Christ is preparing a heavenly place for us! How gracious is God for not only allowing us into heaven, but also giving us our own place, one that Jesus Himself has created! And when our time on earth is done, He will come to take us home.

God Bless!
    Grits
    Very Happy
    Grits
    Grits

Post  Grits Wed 07 Nov 2012, 6:18 am

1 John 5:11
    And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

Reflection
    My Prayer: Dear Lord, Thank you for Your magnificent gift of eternal life. Thank you for sending Your Son to pay the penalty for our sins. We praise You for this wonderful gift that You have given to us, Your undeserving people!

A nice reminder that THIS life is temporary, but there is one that is ETERNAL.
    Grits
    Grits

Post  Grits Sat 10 Nov 2012, 3:57 pm

Romans 8:26
    Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Reflection
    The gift of God's Spirit is truly miraculous and sure sign of His evident mercy. Though uncomprehending His work or power, ever will He aid us in our multiplied weakness. He is working in us daily causing us to be conformed to the image of Christ Himself. Praise the Lord for this Helper all you people of God!

Thank you Father God and Jesus for sending the Holy Spirit to reside in believers. He is our teacher and our intercessor and connection to you until the day we can all be together in heaven.
    cheers
    Grits
    Grits

Post  Grits Wed 14 Nov 2012, 1:23 am

John 15:8
    Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

Reflection
    My Prayer: Father, may you be glorified in me! Change my heart and mind that I would bear the fruits of the Spirit in all I do and say. Thank you for taking me as Your own and renewing my spirit through Your encouraging word. Praise and honour to Your name forever and ever! Amen.

I needed to be reminded of this one as last Friday I lost my temper at work with a really sweet co-worker. She had forgotten to tell me something very important about my job and I was still in a grumpy mood from just having the check engine light come on in my car on my commute (getting it fixed tomorrow to the tune of $350...sigh) BUT that was no reason for me to snap at her. I apologized immediately but I felt horrible afterwards. I RARELY lose my temper and never over something as trivial as what caused this outburst. SHE was the gracious one and I was not, so this word for today was a timely one for me....

Grits
    Grits

Post  Grits Thu 15 Nov 2012, 1:21 am

Acts 10:43
    To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

Reflection
    Rejoice in your justified state, you who believe! Even the prophets of old marvel at the proclamation of the forgiveness that would be bought you! Yours is the gift eternal! Yours is the very life of the Slain Lamb! Your future is assured and none may thwart your eternal and heavenly life. Again I say rejoice, believer! Rejoice and go forth in His Spirit in all righteousness!

This is our Blessed Assurance...Praise the Lord! cheers
    Grits
    Grits

Post  Grits Sat 17 Nov 2012, 11:23 pm

2 Corinthians 3:18
    But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, [even] as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Reflection
    From the moment we placed our faith in Christ, He began to transform us into His loving and gracious nature! What a joy it is to be one of His children! We are transformed from glory to glory into His marvelous image.

God has completely transformed my life and I am so grateful to Him for saving me! No truer words than in the song "I once was lost, but now am found"...Praise the Lord! cheers
    Grits
    Grits

Post  Grits Sun 18 Nov 2012, 7:05 pm

Psalm 121:4
    Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.

Reflection
    Take heart O believer in the Lord your God who never slumbers and never rests! Always will He hear you and always does His eye watch over your steps. Naught will take Him by surprise and nothing occurs outside His knowing. He knows intimately the desires of your heart and the difficulties of your life. Trust Him to seek the best for you and praise His name for His goodness!

Wow, I came over to post the daily promise and it basically re-states what I had just said on another board I belong to! None of what is going on in the world today is a surprise to God...it is ALL in His plan. Those that go against Israel will not win. Israel is the apple of God's eye. Praying for Israel and for the whole world!

Today's Promise from the Bible Smiley-angelic001

Grits
    Grits

Post  Grits Tue 20 Nov 2012, 1:47 am

Psalm 126:6
    He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves [with him].

Reflection
    Our Father is so faithful to lift us up from our grievous trials and temptations! He stretches His hands before us and makes all things new and beautiful in His light. Though weeping may last for a night, there is always a shout of joy in the morning for those who trust in the Lord.

A mini-version of my testimony:

I grew up going to church sporadically, was saved and baptized at 17, and for some reason...I immediately began to rebel against God and everything I knew. For the next many years of my life I was a very miserable sinner (too many to mention), but God brought me to a place at the end of 1999 where I lost EVERYTHING in life...my job, the love of my life (not by death but by betrayal), my family, my home (was going into foreclosure), my reputation, and pretty much everything else....I sank into a deep depression and even made a feeble suicide attempt. I certainly did not want to live any longer. My meager savings were running out...and I just sat in my house and stared at the ceiling wallowing in self-pity most days.

One day I was watching tv and hit on a Christian station and started watching. I watched for several days in a row and one day I flung myself face first down on the floor and repented of every sin I could remember and even the ones I couldn't remember. That is the closest I have ever felt to God and I don't have words to describe the feeling nor the experience. I asked for Him to forgive me and He did. In just a few short weeks, I was able to go out and look for temp work and eventually from that found a really good job and one by one, I won back the things that mattered most to me (primarily my kids and family).

I have tried ever since that day to live a godly Christian life. I don't always succeed, but when I fall, I know "who" to repent to and strive not to make the same mistakes again.

God kept laying this verse on my heart after my "conversion" and it means so much to me:

Isa 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

It is important to read the verses before that one and to read the warning that comes after it. I hope that some that read this will seek them out.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/index.cfm

God Bless!
    Today's Promise from the Bible T0803
    Grits
    Grits

Post  Grits Wed 21 Nov 2012, 3:48 am

Psalm 138:8
    The LORD will perfect [that which] concerneth me: thy mercy, O LORD, [endureth] for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands.

Reflection
    Absolutely everything that concerns His children is under His control! What an amazing comfort! For He is faithful to accomplish every good work within His people. He will never forsake us, but He will hold us in His right hand forever!

The Potter molds the clay... cheers
    Grits
    Grits

Post  Grits Thu 22 Nov 2012, 8:07 pm

Psalm 9:10
    And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

Reflection
    Because of His amazing faithfulness to His children, we continue to trust in Him. As we place our faith in Christ, we come to know of His abounding goodness and mercy. Truly, His lovingkindness is visable in the life of the believer. For we serve such a wonderful and faithful God!

I have NO doubt God exists as He has continually shown Himself to me in my life! cheers

Today I am THANKFUL that God chose me and saved me and that I chose Him...
    Grits
    Grits

Post  Grits Sat 24 Nov 2012, 5:28 pm

John 4:14
    But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

Reflection
    Never to be thirsty forever! How glorious this revelation! Ever more shall our soul's desires be quenched. God's spirit shall fill us to overflowing and our rest will be made full. Praise God for His mercy and lovingkindness!

God Bless!
    cheers
    Grits
    Grits

Post  Grits Mon 26 Nov 2012, 2:16 am

Proverbs 3:25-26
    Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh. For the LORD shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken.

Reflection
    With Jesus as our confidence, we have nothing to fear. The Lord has command over all things and promises to keep us from being taken out of His hand.

My Prayer: Lord, I thank you for Your love that keeps me securely in Your hands! Help me to depend on You when evil comes to tempt me. Thank You that I have nothing to fear, for You are always with me.

I had a conversation with my nephew at Thanksgiving about how he will celebrate his birthday this year. His birthday is December 22nd and we all know what the pagans are saying about December 21st... silent I have NO fear about the Mayan prophecy because I know it isn't true. I believe in God and what He has foretold in His Bible and have confidence in how the endtimes will play out. Sadly, my nephew is agnostic about God and has not accepted Christ but puts his faith in science instead. When I reassured him he will have his birthday this year, I don't think he understood why I am so sure that he will (God willing of course that something else doesn't happen to him), but I pray that one day he will understand the God that created the science that he so loves is the one he should worship as the creator and not to worship the creation...then he too would have no fear.

God Bless!
    Grits
    Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 5:05 am