Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

2 posters

Dr. Lowell Whiteside Earthquake Summary For July 7, 2011

Don in Hollister

Dr. Lowell Whiteside Earthquake Summary For July 7, 2011 Empty Dr. Lowell Whiteside Earthquake Summary For July 7, 2011

Post  Don in Hollister Fri 08 Jul 2011, 11:46 am

Hi All. Here is part of Dr. Lowell Whiteside earthquake summary for 07/07/2011. Hope you enjoy. Take Care...Don

UNUSUAL EARTHQUAKE HITS SOUTH OF FRANCE

EARTHQUAKE SUMMARY FOR JULY 07, 2011

An unusually large earthquake hit in the Mediterranean Sea south of France today with M 5.3-5.6. It was felt along the southern coast of France to Sardinia and Italy and was accompanied by a loud rumbling noise for about 16 seconds. An aftershock was heard about 17 minutes later. EMSC reported felt and heard reports from France in Bastelicaccia, Casaglione, Ota, Ajaccio, Pigna, Corbara, Basia, Puget-sur-Argens, Cannes, Toulon, Le Luc, Nice, Gareoult, Marseille, France and in Sassari, Italy. Some described it as a faraway noise like a railroad or thunder. Many people said it was the first earthquake they have felt.

NEIC reported this earthquake of M 5.0 was felt in France, at Ajaccio (Corse); in Ajaccio at Corse (3) in Bastelicaccia (4), in Calacuccia (2), in Calenzana (2), in Calvi (3), in Carg (3), in Monticello (2) in Muracciole (4), in Penta- (2), in Propiano (1), in Prunelli-di-, felt in Italy, at Diano (Ligurien);, felt in Monaco, at Ville (Monaco-); in France, at Monte (Corse);, in Italy, at Pigna (Ligurien); at Sassari (Sardinien); and in Taggia at Ligurien (4).

We noted the relation of this epicenter to the Kermadec Islands earthquake prior to that event when a foreshock of M 4.1 hit the region on July 2. At that time we stated in this summary in this regard:

"Light to moderate earthquakes did hit two highly unusual epicenters however today. These events of M 4.1 in the Western Mediterranean and M 3.5 in northeastern Montana were by far the strongest in their respective epicentral areas in the past 20 years. Unusual earthquakes such as these often precede major global earthquakes." (July 3, 2011)

and

"A second highly unusual earthquake occurred in the western Mediterranean Sea west of Italy today. This earthquake of M 4.1 was not reported felt or damaging in the epicentral area but is the strongest in this general area in at least 20 years. The previous largest in this general region was an M 3.9 on March 5, 1993 but the last event within 100 km of this epicenter was an M 3.8 on April 21, 1997. this earthquake is located near the fourth nodal distance (90 degrees) from the Fox Islands earthquake last week and some triggering may have occurred in this instance." (July 3, 2011)

This earthquake occurred in the antipodal area of the major Kermadec Islands earthquake of M 7.8 which hit yesterday. Antipodal quakes are common and may be due to focusing of earthquake surface waves at the opposite point on the earth (the antipode) due to the geometry of the near-spherical earth.
    beejean
    beejean

Dr. Lowell Whiteside Earthquake Summary For July 7, 2011 Empty Why my brain works like a jouncy ball popping upward from the 90 degrees when I read Whiteside's theory

Post  beejean Sat 09 Jul 2011, 12:41 am

Don in Hollister wrote:Hi All. Here is part of Dr. Lowell Whiteside earthquake summary for 07/07/2011. Hope you enjoy. Take Care...Don
    JULY 07, 2011

An unusually large earthquake hit in the Mediterranean Sea south of France today with M 5.3-5.6. EMSC reported felt and heard reports from France in Bastelicaccia, Casaglione, Ota, Ajaccio, Pigna, Corbara, Basia, Puget-sur-Argens, Cannes, Toulon, Le Luc, Nice, Gareoult, Marseille, France and in Sassari, Italy. Some described it as a faraway noise like a railroad or thunder. Many people said it was the first earthquake they have felt.
    this earthquake is located near the fourth nodal distance (90 degrees) from the Fox Islands earthquake last week and some triggering may have occurred in this instance." (July 3, 2011)

This earthquake occurred in the antipodal area of the major Kermadec Islands earthquake of M 7.8 which hit yesterday.

Hi ... I'm just speculating now...
    but I'm guessing you don't totally believe "the fourth nodal distance 90 degrees" and "antipodal" stuff from Dr. Whiteside entirely.
    Now, I fall for that stuff in general cases but what is this popping up off the pacific plate boundaries??? For someone who is clueless, I still harbor an amazing amount of prejudicial opinions I suppose. I blame the activity of Vesuvius and Etna, plus the caldera near Naples for the popping. SO SORRY ! I know I'm a hopeless case, but I did enjoy your post and thinking about it. bounce Just be happy you didn't have a restless soul like me in your lectures, since I can be a clown clown

Thank you for your post. I do believe you are trying to help us find our way to a differential outline of theory versus theory. Hope you are feeling all right.

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 1:13 am