Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

3 posters

DearWife

.......... Empty ..........

Post  DearWife Tue 31 May 2011, 7:29 am

Last edited by DearWife on Sat 06 Jul 2019, 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    beejean
    beejean

.......... Empty Thou Fool

Post  beejean Fri 03 Jun 2011, 11:26 pm

Hi DearWife,

Hope things are going well for you today. Am having a bit of a dilemma here with a dog and a neighbor over here and was hoping you could pray about it.

Where I live, there are often reports of people resorting to getting dogs for protection. My neighbor on one side ended up getting a dog like that. They bought this dog a few months after their nice dog passed away, about a week after the police chased some robbers down the street and into their back yard.

Now, there are people in these parts, I hear from the news and local folks, that keep dogs as if they were only to be beaten and made mean in order to use these dogs as agressors on people approaching them. I had never seen one of these types of dogs before, but my neighbors went to get a guard dog from the pound and ended up with a dog that is part chow part something else that does nothing but snarl.

Now police train dogs for protection, but their dogs are responsive to commands. This dog seems to ignore commands from its owners. I feel bad for the dog because it seems fearful of humans and simply incessantly snarls and bares its teeth whenever it appears near the chain link fence. It goes crazy throwing itself against the fence, barking and growling if another dog even walks by on a leash. So I really feel bad for people walking little dogs down the street.

My husband lost his temper with the owner last weekend when he was trying to put some shrub trimmings into a recycle leaf bag and the dog threw himself against the chain link growling like he'd wish to hamstring him in the back of the calves when he had his back turned.

Now the owner has been keeping the dog away from the property line fence since that, but I'd still like you to pray for the owner- that they may be safe from the possible perils of their own dog's ferocity. You could also pray for our safety if you get a minute. Meanwhile I'll pray that everything goes right with your dogs... and BTW thank you for thinking of me during the Massachusetts tornado.

Also, "thou fool" came to mind for me this week in thinking about the whole situation with the animal. It was a shame that the dog was maltreated, a shame that the robbers came, a shame that the dog is now like an unmanageable aggressor, and I was trying to think of what possible good can come out of this whole chain of events. Will have to wait and see if foolish short-sighted goals, and foolish short-sighted arguments can be healed over.

Best Wishes , beejean
    DearWife

.......... Empty Re: ..........

Post  DearWife Thu 09 Jun 2011, 10:32 am

beejean
    beejean

.......... Empty chows

Post  beejean Tue 14 Jun 2011, 12:24 am

DearWife wrote:... concerning your neighbors dog, ours do bark at transient looking types, ... I do notice though, that if a person is on a bicycle and they don't pay the dogs any mind, then they don't bark. It is same with people walking by, if they don't give the dogs eye contact the dogs leave them alone. People in the cars driving by will tend to stop and make noises at them and they'll go ballistic. ...
    It might help that when you see the neighbors dog, to not give it any eye contact... Will keep you and yours and neighbors and dog in prayer, thank you also for your prayers. Sometimes it takes awhile for me to see the good that might come of a situation, even though at the time it might seem like what is happening isn't good, it will come. We just gotta put everything into God and his son's hands, they'll take care of the rest Smile Have a blessed day.
    Thank you for your prayers. They seem to have worked. I did some research on chow chow breed and found that the breed was developed as a protective dog for householders in China and is one of the oldest breeds. It will bond only with one master as a matter of course and is notable for not "warming up" to strangers at the property. I read this to my husband and he seems to have managed to reach a "detente" where he does the ignoring of the dog and it mostly works. thought I'd let you know! I'm glad that you have manaaged to figure out how to predict the dog's behavior based on situational cues and I hope and pray you'll all stay healthy and safe. Smile
    DearWife

Post  DearWife Sat 18 Jun 2011, 7:28 am

johnl
    johnl

Post  johnl Sat 18 Jun 2011, 11:44 pm

hi DW, as I mentioned before at EB, I used to live in Oakland with my mother at Wala Vista Ave. near Lakeshore. In the 1960's we lived near the Lake Merritt tennis courts. Oakland was a fairly nice place to live in the early 1960's. But into the 1970's there seemed to be an atmosphere of fear at night.

I played a lot of handball and racketball at the Oakland YMCA, both the old and new ones.

Hope you're safe where you are. It's been very safe here in Portland, but there also seems to be a lot of strange, UFO-type things going on, like Stephen King's "Tommyknockers" book. My christian faith has kept me from being affected, so far.

John

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 9:06 pm