Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

4 posters

Bible Promise for Today

Grits
    Grits

Bible Promise for Today Empty Bible Promise for Today

Post  Grits Wed 28 Jul 2010, 12:15 am

Today's Promise from the Bible
    Colossians 3:4
    When Christ, [who is] our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Reflection
    Our Lord, Jesus Christ, who is the Lamb of God and our Bridegroom shall return! Our true life is hidden in Him and when He appears in clouds of glory, then shall our own true lives be made apparent in Him. His life of obedience is ours (cf. Romans 5:19 and Hebrews 5:8 ). His death and suffering is ours. So too is His resurrection to new life. And even so, His revelation in robes of splendour at the final day shall be shared with every one of His saints. So put to death the earthly things until His coming and you shall be crowned in His glory.

http://promises.blueletterbible.org/
    geenee
    geenee

Bible Promise for Today Empty Re: Bible Promise for Today

Post  geenee Wed 28 Jul 2010, 5:14 am

Grits wrote:Today's Promise from the Bible
    Colossians 3:4
    When Christ, [who is] our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Reflection
    Our Lord, Jesus Christ, who is the Lamb of God and our Bridegroom shall return! Our true life is hidden in Him and when He appears in clouds of glory, then shall our own true lives be made apparent in Him. His life of obedience is ours (cf. Romans 5:19 and Hebrews 5:8 ). His death and suffering is ours. So too is His resurrection to new life. And even so, His revelation in robes of splendour at the final day shall be shared with every one of His saints. So put to death the earthly things until His coming and you shall be crowned in His glory.

Love Blueletterbible.org! Thanks Grits that was nice! Such a breath of fresh air!
    Grits
    Grits

Post  Grits Sat 31 Jul 2010, 2:23 am

Thanks geenee...I try and read the Bible Promise of the Day every morning before starting work...and then think about it during the day.

Here is the Promise for Today...July 30, 2010

2 Corinthians 1:7
    And our hope of you [is] stedfast, knowing, that as ye are partakers of the sufferings, so [shall ye be] also of the consolation.

Reflection
    Christ reigns even now on His heavenly throne, yet the earth is filled with evil men. The adopted brothers and sisters of Christ reign even now by His side, yet their lives are of suffering. How can this be? It is the mystery of the cross of Christ Jesus! Through our weakness, we are strong. Through death, we have life. Through suffering, we are become the victors. And through persecution, we are blessed. Therefore, Christ tells us, rejoice in such troubles till the heavenly consummation, for great will be our apparent reward in that day. So do not fret, O believer, but trust that your suffering will produce hope. Hope in Christ. Hope in Heaven.

quaker

Post  quaker Tue 03 Aug 2010, 10:21 pm

Thanks folks good to see this today
    what a great reminder to put everything in context
    one of my favorite sites also Very Happy
    Grits
    Grits

Post  Grits Wed 04 Aug 2010, 12:57 am

I don't come on every day, but will keep posting them if y'all are enjoying them. They are so uplifting! cheers

Today - August 3, 2010

Deuteronomy 30:9-10
    And the LORD thy God will make thee plenteous in every work of thine hand, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy land, for good: for the LORD will again rejoice over thee for good, as he rejoiced over thy fathers: If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, [and] if thou turn unto the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul.

Reflection
    As we devote our lives to serve God, He blesses the fruit of our labours with great delight and pleasure. Just as He rejoices to bless us, so also Christians should desire to serve Him. This unfathomable pleasure in serving is solely founded on the Word of God and living in accordance to it. When we follow His commands with all our heart, soul, and mind, God prospers our way over an abundance.

I also LOVE the Blue Letter Bible website. My eyes are not as good as they used to be so studying on the computer is much easier for me these days...and then there is so much interesting stuff to study there. I am a huge fan of Matthew Henry's commentaries:

http://www.blueletterbible.org/commentaries/comm_author.cfm?AuthorID=4

He just seems to explain things in a way I can understand them.

Also, I've handed this piece out to several people:

http://www.blueletterbible.org/study/misc/putoffon.cfm

That is what we should strive for...

cheers sunny
    quaker

Post  quaker Wed 04 Aug 2010, 4:10 am

thanks I dont check in everday either but thats a great quick referance
    Grits
    Grits

Post  Grits Wed 11 Aug 2010, 12:53 am

I had a rough day today and just read today's promise. Made my problems seem trivial...

August 10, 2010

Romans 6:5
    For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also [in the likeness] of [his] resurrection:

Reflection
    By the power of the resurrection of Christ, we are freed from the horrible bondage of sin. Incredible! We are united with the Creator of both heaven and earth and transformed into His likeness of righteousness. Our sin was crucified with Christ Jesus and we now hold the remarkable privilege of being called His children. May our loving Father be glorified for His indescribable kindness and faithfulness.
    geenee
    geenee

Post  geenee Wed 11 Aug 2010, 1:01 am

Grits wrote:I had a rough day today and just read today's promise. Made my problems seem trivial...

August 10, 2010

Romans 6:5
    For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also [in the likeness] of [his] resurrection:

Reflection
    By the power of the resurrection of Christ, we are freed from the horrible bondage of sin. Incredible! We are united with the Creator of both heaven and earth and transformed into His likeness of righteousness. Our sin was crucified with Christ Jesus and we now hold the remarkable privilege of being called His children. May our loving Father be glorified for His indescribable kindness and faithfulness.

Hi Grit, I got this recently. I thought I would share.

DEBRA LOWE
    http://daughtersofz.typepad.com/

8/3/10
    The Spirit of the Lord says,
    The refining process has intensified in, and, for My House. I Am stirring the pot to cause to come to the surface all of the impure metals that have stayed in your heart, hidden from the cleansing power of My Word. This process will begin to reveal to you those hidden and coveted issues of your own heart. The reason is always to make you a vessel of purity, never to make you feel condemned, as some think and even say of Me and those who will boldly declare My truth.

The enemy is an expert at misinterpretation and cunning when it comes to using words to ensnare and lead astray. As you well know, words can kill or they can give life. Listen to My Words now, know that I Am shaking My House in order to separate the pure from the impure, the wheat from the chaff, the sheep from the goats.

The great divide has begun, so now is the time for your life to resemble the holy standard that I alone established. Yes, I know those who are Mine, but you must know those who are Mine also. Family should know their own family. For by their fruit you will know them, do not be deceived by their great boasting words or their flamboyant displays of power. My people will adhere to My Word, they will not try to twist My Words to accommodate their twisted lifestyle.

My people will live a holy life, not just make vague references to it. Only follow those who follow My Word, for I have told you before that many false prophets and teachers are in the midst, leading and deceiving others to go astray off of the narrow way. Teaching, and taking great pleasure in those who follow their examples, they are wolves in the flock.

This is the time for cleaving to the Lover of your soul and a time for great discerning, which can only come from intimate times spent with Me in the secret place. You will see a great falling away of some who have known Me, but do not be dismayed, these things must come to pass. I Am coming for a Church without spot or blemish.

Now, begins the purification for silver and gold, precious metals that endure great heat in order to become the purest. Once the purification is done there is a small amount of the pure metal that is found. I will have My holy remnant. I will have a chaste Bride. I will have a clean House. You be holy even as I your God Am holy and perfect! Keep looking to Me and you will see that My grace will make you become all that I have promised that you will be. It is not by might, not by power, but by My Spirit says your God and Lord.

Scripture References: Zec.4:6; Zec. 13:7-9;
    Mtt. 5:8; Mtt. 25:32-33;
    Ephes. 5:26-27;
    II Tim. 3:1-6;
    II Peter 2:1-3

Upstream Ministries
    johnl
    johnl

Post  johnl Fri 13 Aug 2010, 2:41 am

"It is not by might, not by power, but by My Spirit says your God and Lord."
    ------------------

That used to be the verse on the front of the A of G's Pentecostal Evangel magazines I got in 1960 while attending UC Berkeley. I listened to a lot of CM Ward's Revivaltime radio messages in 1960, which always started with "not by might, not by power, but by My Spirit" and the song "There's Room at the Cross for You."

John

geenee
    geenee

Post  geenee Fri 13 Aug 2010, 4:26 am

johnl wrote:"It is not by might, not by power, but by My Spirit says your God and Lord."
    ------------------

That used to be the verse on the front of the A of G's Pentecostal Evangel magazines I got in 1960 while attending UC Berkeley. I listened to a lot of CM Ward's Revivaltime radio messages in 1960, which always started with "not by might, not by power, but by My Spirit" and the song "There's Room at the Cross for You."

John

Memories Smile I remember CM Ward. Listened to him for years.
    Grits
    Grits

Post  Grits Tue 24 Aug 2010, 9:30 pm

geenee,

Thank you for your lovely post last week. My computer was down for several days, but I'm back up and running again, so this is the first chance I had to say "thanks". It really helped me that day. Very Happy My son is doing MUCH better now...PTL!

Today's "Day by Day" was really good:

Day By Day By Grace
    Bob Hoekstra
    August 24th

An "Unpopular" Prophetic Promise of Apostasy

Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron. (1 Timothy 4:1-2)

As we continue to alternate between "precious promises" and "unpopular" promises, we come to a prophetic promise of apostasy. Among those who are actually drifting into apostasy, this promise is certainly "unpopular." Additionally, in a church world that wrongly accepts what sounds positive and rejects what sounds negative (instead of rejecting error and accepting truth), this promise is often met with disinterest or, worse, disdain.

"The faith" is the message of the word of God. It is the divine truth in which we are to place our faith, our trust. It especially includes the good news of the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Our present promise forewarns that there will be those who fall away from "the faith" as the days press closer and closer to the end of the church era. "In latter times some will depart from the faith." Since this is a departure, they seemed to adhere to the word of God for a season. Then they turned away from it. If they remain active in the church world, their message will no longer reflect the true content of the Scriptures. Peter gave a similar warning. "There were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them" (2 Peter 2:1). As sure as Israel had false prophets, the church would have false teachers.

Paul provided some insights into their path of apostasy. They would be "giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons." Paying attention to concepts that were perpetrated by demonic deception would result in errors in their doctrine. The devil and his army of evil spirits are intent on confusing and distorting the teaching of the word of God. Typically, such errors feed man's fleshly desires to glorify self.

These apostates would also be "speaking lies in hypocrisy." Not only would their teaching be erroneous, their lives would be marked by falsehoods related to pretense. They would add untrue testimony to their inaccurate message. Perhaps the reports of their ministerial prowess would be grossly exaggerated.

They would also be "having their own conscience seared with a hot iron." They would teach errors and live lies until their consciences were no longer convicted of sin. We are forewarned. Such apostates undoubtedly abound in these last days.
    Lord God of truth, thank You for lovingly warning of the danger of apostasy. Enlarge my appreciation of such "unpopular" promises. Please help me to cherish the truth of Your word. Give me a heart to know Your word. Sharpen my discernment concerning error. Keep my heart and my message anchored in the truth of Scripture, Amen.

Cite This Page: (explanation of citations)

Hoekstra, Bob. "An "Unpopular" Prophetic Promise of Apostasy," Day By Day By Grace. Blue Letter Bible. 19 Mar 2004. 24 Aug 2010.
    <http://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/dbdbg/view.cfm?Date=08/24>.
    Grits
    Grits

Post  Grits Sat 11 Sep 2010, 3:00 am

Bible Promise for 9/10/10 (my twin daughters are 33 y.o. today... cheers )

Romans 8:31
    What shall we then say to these things? If God [be] for us, who [can be] against us?

Reflection
    Fear not, O believer, for there is naught to stand against you! All potential powers and enemies pale in significance to the power of God. No mere creation can threaten to undo the work and will of its Creator. God is sovereign. He holds all things in the palm of His hand, He does whatsoever He wills to do. And He loves you! Therefore rejoice, for while God is for you, O child of faith, nothing can truly be against you. And He is with you to everlasting.

A very nice promise for me to reflect on today as my daughter in Fla. only lives 10 miles from the Koran burning church in Gainesville and I admit it makes me nervous to think what "could" happen, but I must remember that EVERYTHING is in God's control and His will will be done. We can't always see the whole picture, but I know My Father can take something that was meant for evil and turn it to something good.

Gen 50:20 But as for you, ye thought evil against me; [but] God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as [it is] this day, to save much people alive.

geenee
    geenee

Post  geenee Sat 11 Sep 2010, 3:04 am

Grits wrote:Bible Promise for 9/10/10 (my twin daughters are 33 y.o. today... cheers )

Romans 8:31
    What shall we then say to these things? If God [be] for us, who [can be] against us?

Reflection
    Fear not, O believer, for there is naught to stand against you! All potential powers and enemies pale in significance to the power of God. No mere creation can threaten to undo the work and will of its Creator. God is sovereign. He holds all things in the palm of His hand, He does whatsoever He wills to do. And He loves you! Therefore rejoice, for while God is for you, O child of faith, nothing can truly be against you. And He is with you to everlasting.

A very nice promise for me to reflect on today as my daughter in Fla. only lives 10 miles from the Koran burning church in Gainesville and I admit it makes me nervous to think what "could" happen, but I must remember that EVERYTHING is in God's control and His will will be done. We can't always see the whole picture, but I know My Father can take something that was meant for evil and turn it to something good.

Gen 50:20 But as for you, ye thought evil against me; [but] God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as [it is] this day, to save much people alive.

Thanks Grit that was really timely! Wow will be praying for your daughter!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 7:06 am