Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

3 posters

THE 5.0 NAPA QUAKE THAT DIDN'T REALLY HAPPEN

geenee
    geenee

THE 5.0 NAPA QUAKE THAT DIDN'T REALLY HAPPEN Empty THE 5.0 NAPA QUAKE THAT DIDN'T REALLY HAPPEN

Post  geenee Fri 30 Apr 2010, 10:24 pm

A magnitude 5.0 earthquake just struck seven miles N.E. of Napa ,California
    The temblor had a depth of 3 miles and some say it was felt in San Fransisco. Others dispute that.

Napa Valley Earthquake: Magnitude 5.0 Strikes Northern California
    The magnitude 5.0 quake struck near the town of Napa at 12:43 PDT.
    Napa is best known for its vineyards and wineries. No damage or injury reports at this time.
    The temblor was felt as far north as Hayward, which is located in the east bay of San Francisco.

Maps from the USGS show the quake was felt as far north as Hayward, located in the east bay area of San Francisco.

The following statistics are from the USGS.

Magnitude 5.0
    Date-Time

* Friday, April 30, 2010 at 19:43:00 UTC
    * Friday, April 30, 2010 at 12:43:00 PM at epicenter

Location 38.370°N, 122.205°W
    Depth 5 km (3.1 miles) (poorly constrained)
    Region NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
    Distances

* 11 km (7 miles) NE (48°) from Napa, CA
    * 13 km (8 miles) NNW (344°) from Green Valley, CA
    * 14 km (9 miles) ESE (105°) from Yountville, CA
    * 20 km (13 miles) W (275°) from Vacaville, CA
    * 29 km (18 miles) N (5°) from Vallejo, CA
    * 64 km (40 miles) N (2°) from Oakland, CA

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 14.9 km (9.3 miles); depth +/- 17.7 km (11.0 miles)
    Parameters Nph= 5, Dmin=65 km, Rmss=0.2 sec, Gp=209°,
    M-type=duration magnitude (Md), Version=0
    Source

* California Integrated Seismic Net:
    * USGS Caltech CGS UCB UCSD UNR

Event ID nc71390496
    This event has not yet been reviewed by a seismologist.

So here we go again–California and earthquakes. Let’s all hope the aftershocks are minimal and that no one is injured.

We welcome your comments and theories on the earthquake-outbreak below.

Napa Valley Earthquake: Magnitude 5.0 Strikes Northern California is a developing story so please check back for updates.

Update: Earthquake didn’t happen
    Don in Hollister

THE 5.0 NAPA QUAKE THAT DIDN'T REALLY HAPPEN Empty Re: THE 5.0 NAPA QUAKE THAT DIDN'T REALLY HAPPEN

Post  Don in Hollister Fri 30 Apr 2010, 11:14 pm

Hi Geenee. That is the problem with the "automatic solution". When it's working correctly it's great, but when it messes up it can cause all kinds of problems. Where this one came from I have no idea as there isn't one single seismograph recording a quake of any size occurring at that time.

That is one thing I learned early on when the "automatic solution" was brought on line. Check the seismographs before making any statements or posts. Take Care...Don

http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/waveforms/helicorder/CPI_EHZ_NC_--_00_22221212.html
    Michael
    Michael

THE 5.0 NAPA QUAKE THAT DIDN'T REALLY HAPPEN Empty People felt it?

Post  Michael Fri 30 Apr 2010, 11:59 pm

How do people feel a quake that did not happen?
    Don in Hollister

THE 5.0 NAPA QUAKE THAT DIDN'T REALLY HAPPEN Empty Re: THE 5.0 NAPA QUAKE THAT DIDN'T REALLY HAPPEN

Post  Don in Hollister Sat 01 May 2010, 12:15 am

how did a quake occur and was not recorded? I also called the Napa Police department and they stated they never had a quake. The number is 707-257-9223.

People do all kinds of crazy things just to get into the act. Some even tell false stories. Take Care...Don
    geenee
    geenee

Post  geenee Sat 01 May 2010, 2:35 am

Don in Hollister wrote:Hi Geenee. That is the problem with the "automatic solution". When it's working correctly it's great, but when it messes up it can cause all kinds of problems. Where this one came from I have no idea as there isn't one single seismograph recording a quake of any size occurring at that time.

That is one thing I learned early on when the "automatic solution" was brought on line. Check the seismographs before making any statements or posts. Take Care...Don

http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/waveforms/helicorder/CPI_EHZ_NC_--_00_22221212.html

Hi Don, Yah that is good advice. I was posting a news article that I found on line. I just thought that was a funny
    article. I forgot the link.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 5:02 am