Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

3 posters

The Coroner is Dead

Calibabe
    Calibabe
    Admin

The Coroner is Dead Empty The Coroner is Dead

Post  Calibabe Mon 12 Apr 2010, 3:37 pm

On April 10, 2010, Meinhardt Raabe, the Coroner from the "Wizard of OZ" died Crying or Very sad He was 95.

He was one of only 7 surviving Munchkins from that film.

I am thankful that the Munchkins got a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2007 and he was well enough at that time to attend.

This film is such a favorite of mine. I can't even begin to tell you how much I just love that movie. Just ask SoCal, she will tell you what happens when that film comes on and I am in the room Smile

To know that there are only 6 surviving Munchkins left, makes the world a little less bright at least for me.

Here is a link, with pictures of him and the last surviving Munchkins back in 2007 in Hollywood: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1265000/Meinhardt-Raabe-Wizard-Ozs-munchkin-coroner-dies-aged-94.html

Thank you Meinhardt and the rest of the cast of that wonderful film. You have brought joy to generations of people and that film will forever be a classic. I just hope that they don't remake it.
    melinda
    melinda

The Coroner is Dead Empty Re: The Coroner is Dead

Post  melinda Tue 13 Apr 2010, 2:36 am

thanks! ~calibabe~

my daughter loves that film Smile

i loved it as well as the books when i was a child.

actually, i am amazed that any of the beloved munchkins still live!

how lovely~

thanks for letting us know.

dove
    socalshakin
    socalshakin

Post  socalshakin Wed 14 Apr 2010, 4:48 pm

Calibabe wrote:On April 10, 2010, Meinhardt Raabe, the Coroner from the "Wizard of OZ" died Crying or Very sad He was 95.

I am thankful that the Munchkins got a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2007 and he was well enough at that time to attend.

This film is such a favorite of mine. I can't even begin to tell you how much I just love that movie. Just ask SoCal, she will tell you what happens when that film comes on and I am in the room Smile

To know that there are only 6 surviving Munchkins left, makes the world a little less bright at least for me.

Here is a link, with pictures of him and the last surviving Munchkins back in 2007 in Hollywood: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1265000/Meinhardt-Raabe-Wizard-Ozs-munchkin-coroner-dies-aged-94.html

Thank you Meinhardt and the rest of the cast of that wonderful film. You have brought joy to generations of people and that film will forever be a classic. I just hope that they don't remake it.

I saw this when it made news the day it happened. Thought of you immediately! I know how much you love that movie, and the Munchkins too. I think you could recite the entire film... songs, words and all from beginning to end without the movie on!

I am probably going to Hollywood next week for my birthday, so I'll be sure to find the star and get a picture with it for you Smile The plan is to go to Universal Studios, City Walk and Hollywood Blvd.
    Calibabe
    Calibabe
    Admin

Post  Calibabe Thu 15 Apr 2010, 5:14 pm

socalshakin wrote:
    Calibabe wrote:On April 10, 2010, Meinhardt Raabe, the Coroner from the "Wizard of OZ" died Crying or Very sad He was 95.

I saw this when it made news the day it happened. Thought of you immediately! I know how much you love that movie, and the Munchkins too. I think you could recite the entire film... songs, words and all from beginning to end without the movie on!

I am probably going to Hollywood next week for my birthday, so I'll be sure to find the star and get a picture with it for you Smile The plan is to go to Universal Studios, City Walk and Hollywood Blvd.

The last time that I felt that bad about losing someone from "Hollywood" was when Cary Grant died.

Gosh that man could get my knickers in a knot so to speak. Whew, what a....well let's just change the subject before I have to turn on the shower. The Munchkins didn't affect me that way just that I loved the movie and them all so much for all of the joy that movie brings. You can put that movie on and forget about all that is going on around you for the hour and a half. It really is amazing.

You are right, I can can recite the movie, word, song, verse, etc., from the time the movie starts until it ends. "Oh Auntie Em, there's no place like home!!"

Used to have a t-shirt that grandma got me that was white with a blue gingham border in the middle and in side the gingham border was "Auntie Em, Hate You, Hate Kansas, Taking the Dog, Love Dorothy".

So yeah, it's been a movie that I love for a long, long time. You should have seen Aunt Beverly and I when it would come on. We would alternate lines and never miss a beat. And that was long before video's came out folks. We saw that movie one time per year.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 4:20 pm