Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

2 posters

Really bad TV interference today

socalshakin
    socalshakin

Really bad TV interference today Empty Really bad TV interference today

Post  socalshakin Fri 02 Apr 2010, 4:26 pm

I haven't been able to watch anything on TV this morning because the interference is so bad. The sound is cutting out every 1-2 seconds and the picture is scrambling and cutting out completely. Could just be Time Warner but I haven't seen it this bad in the last 5 years I've had it.
    Paula/ swNM
    Paula/ swNM

Really bad TV interference today Empty Re: Really bad TV interference today

Post  Paula/ swNM Fri 02 Apr 2010, 5:20 pm

Hi Socal-
    Yes, we have had disruptions to our Dish Network recently. I have not had it on this morning, but last night it was in and out. I may be having problems with the satellite internet as well, but I am not certain. I posted a message over on the old Earth Boppin boards and it took a looooong time to appear. Left a message about the problem on the tech boards about the issue and that message did not appear until this morning. I posted about 10:50 pm MT last night. Checked my activity log and it showed I had encountered various errors although it showed the message had been sent and rec'd. OK....glitches happen, but I started to wonder if the problems were happening because I am using a satellite net service. Something scrambling the signal as it moves through space too and from the satellite? I posted a message to the tech boards over there a while ago and it has not appeared yet, so the problem still exists. But I also notice things on the net generally are running very slowly for the past several days, so there could be larger problems happening that we do not see. A couple of friends of mine in town who have DSL were also complaining about the slowness (they feel they were not getting their money's worth). So, I will see how this message posts. We may indeed have a general communications slowdown going on for unknown reasons. Keep us informed. Thanks for posting this.
    Blessings- Paula.
    socalshakin
    socalshakin

Post  socalshakin Fri 02 Apr 2010, 10:49 pm

Paula/ swNM wrote:Hi Socal-
    Yes, we have had disruptions to our Dish Network recently. I have not had it on this morning, but last night it was in and out. I may be having problems with the satellite internet as well, but I am not certain. I posted a message over on the old Earth Boppin boards and it took a looooong time to appear. Left a message about the problem on the tech boards about the issue and that message did not appear until this morning. I posted about 10:50 pm MT last night. Checked my activity log and it showed I had encountered various errors although it showed the message had been sent and rec'd. OK....glitches happen, but I started to wonder if the problems were happening because I am using a satellite net service. Something scrambling the signal as it moves through space too and from the satellite? I posted a message to the tech boards over there a while ago and it has not appeared yet, so the problem still exists. But I also notice things on the net generally are running very slowly for the past several days, so there could be larger problems happening that we do not see. A couple of friends of mine in town who have DSL were also complaining about the slowness (they feel they were not getting their money's worth). So, I will see how this message posts. We may indeed have a general communications slowdown going on for unknown reasons. Keep us informed. Thanks for posting this.
    Blessings- Paula.

I have Time Warner, and don't have satellite service, but I know they get their signal from a satellite. Must be the huge CME I heard about that was hitting today. Not sure. Will keep everyone posted!~
    Paula/ swNM
    Paula/ swNM

Post  Paula/ swNM Sat 03 Apr 2010, 3:53 pm

Hi Socal-
    You may be right about the CME. That makes a lot of sense. Dish network was glitchy again yesterday evening, and at around 10 pm our internet service went down and was out most of the night. It is fine this morning. If there is some sort of "space weather" incident I am probably going to notice it pretty quickly since all our communications out here are by satellite- TV, internet and radio. Cable TV signals often come from satellite sources owned by various broadcast companies, so they can be effected by space weather too. If we get a really intense solar cycle going, I am going to notice it right away. I don't use a cellphone very often, but many people I know do, and they tell me that cell service is also effected by solar activity. Interesting things going on in the world/environment these days. Stay safe.
    Blessings- Paula.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 3:59 pm