Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

+3
socalshakin
Nightmoves
Calibabe
7 posters

Recurring back and hip pain

Calibabe
    Calibabe
    Admin

Recurring back and hip pain Empty Recurring back and hip pain

Post  Calibabe Wed 17 Feb 2010, 5:22 pm

As socal can tell you I have a pretty lousy back. Have been on some serious meds over the past several years but now I am down to just three (thank God!!)

Anyway, I am a pretty good barometer for weather. Three days ago, I started off with a sharp pain in my R hip that just doesn't let up. Now that has spread all the way across my lower back and is almost into the L hip area. This usually means a lot of rain. I had the same thing when we have over 10 inches of rain several weeks back. So I am thinking we are in for another round of back to back to back to back storms. Haven't watched the weather the past couple of days (was watching the Olympics, Daytona 500 and Westminster Dog Show)so I am not sure if there is gonna be a big change but my back certainly tells me that there will be.

Take it for what it is worth. Also every day between 10a and 3p I have been getting high pitched ear tones alternating between my left and right ear. Don't know what is up with that.
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Recurring back and hip pain Empty Re: Recurring back and hip pain

Post  Nightmoves Wed 17 Feb 2010, 6:41 pm

Calibabe wrote:As socal can tell you I have a pretty lousy back. Have been on some serious meds over the past several years but now I am down to just three (thank God!!)

Anyway, I am a pretty good barometer for weather. Three days ago, I started off with a sharp pain in my R hip that just doesn't let up. Now that has spread all the way across my lower back and is almost into the L hip area. This usually means a lot of rain. I had the same thing when we have over 10 inches of rain several weeks back. So I am thinking we are in for another round of back to back to back to back storms. Haven't watched the weather the past couple of days (was watching the Olympics, Daytona 500 and Westminster Dog Show)so I am not sure if there is gonna be a big change but my back certainly tells me that there will be.

Take it for what it is worth. Also every day between 10a and 3p I have been getting high pitched ear tones alternating between my left and right ear. Don't know what is up with that.

Hi Neighbor,

I was so afraid we would have a big earthquake and there were no boards to post to. I am glad we were able to connect here. I think I heard we are going to get more rain. Not sure if that has changed or not. I'll have to watch the news later.
    Calibabe
    Calibabe
    Admin

Recurring back and hip pain Empty good to see you here

Post  Calibabe Wed 17 Feb 2010, 7:05 pm

Nightmoves wrote:
    Calibabe wrote:As socal can tell you I have a pretty lousy back. Have been on some serious meds over the past several years but now I am down to just three (thank God!!)

Hi Neighbor,

I was so afraid we would have a big earthquake and there were no boards to post to. I am glad we were able to connect here. I think I heard we are going to get more rain. Not sure if that has changed or not. I'll have to watch the news later.

You and me both.

Well if my hip is correct and it is usually more accurate than the weather reports, I would have to venture that we are going to get another soaker. Hopefully for the people who live near the Station Fire burn area there will be no further mudslide problems but that remains to be seen.
    socalshakin
    socalshakin

Post  socalshakin Wed 17 Feb 2010, 9:30 pm

Mom,

I've had a lot of lower back pain for the past few days, and tenderness in the R hip area. I thought maybe I slept funny or tweaked something at the gym, but I didn't do anything more strenuous than usual. Also got an awful charley horse in my left thigh last night. Ouch. My back is so tight, it feels like it's a rubber band about to snap.

You are good barometer, we're supposed to get some rain this weekend, but nothing close to what we had a couple of weeks ago thankfully.
    Calibabe
    Calibabe
    Admin

Recurring back and hip pain Empty Re: hip and back pain

Post  Calibabe Wed 17 Feb 2010, 9:55 pm

socalshakin wrote:Mom,

I've had a lot of lower back pain for the past few days, and tenderness in the R hip area. I thought maybe I slept funny or tweaked something at the gym, but I didn't do anything more strenuous than usual. Also got an awful charley horse in my left thigh last night. Ouch. My back is so tight, it feels like it's a rubber band about to snap.

You are good barometer, we're supposed to get some rain this weekend, but nothing close to what we had a couple of weeks ago thankfully.

I sure hope not but from what I looked at out in the Pacific it looks like one storm after the other backed up. I hope it winds up being a short event. That entire week of rain just drained the life right out of me.

Love ya,

Mom
    socalshakin
    socalshakin

Post  socalshakin Wed 17 Feb 2010, 10:00 pm

Calibabe wrote:
    socalshakin wrote:Mom,

I sure hope not but from what I looked at out in the Pacific it looks like one storm after the other backed up. I hope it winds up being a short event. That entire week of rain just drained the life right out of me.

Love ya,

Mom

Oooh, I haven't looked at the radar yet, but if what you say is out there, then we do have a lot of rain coming in, next week most likely?
    Bluefeather
    Bluefeather

Post  Bluefeather Wed 17 Feb 2010, 10:37 pm

on 2-13-2010

I was sitting down and suddenly i felt an extremely powerful pain
    in my extreme lower back. Have since been in excruciating pain.
    John Kettler

Post  John Kettler Wed 17 Feb 2010, 11:34 pm

Mine's lit up to the lower ribs, but is at least semibearable. Yesterday, it was downright incapacitating, making even hobbling a horror. Last night was a truly brutal LP experience, and what's come in isn't even close to what I felt, not just in the back but in my somewhat better today adzed right skull. Further indicators lie in a series of perverse twisted circumstances, such as someone's all hot for something I put up on CL, then gets sent of town on zero notice for work, completely screwing up things on both ends. Call the timing of the road trip spectacularly bad for me on the economic front!

GIs are semi working, an improvement over the usual drama, so no imminent eruptions. Given my current situation, I "should" be upside down and totally freaked out, but instead, I've kept one foot on the floor, taken certain steps and steadfastly believed, all evidence to the contrary notwithstanding, that I will get through this. The compulsive cleaning has greatly improved the energy here, and decluttering my bedroom has improved both the feel and the flow. The Olympics are a wonderful distraction and also a morale boost.

John
    Calibabe
    Calibabe
    Admin

Recurring back and hip pain Empty Re: recurring hip and back pain

Post  Calibabe Wed 17 Feb 2010, 11:40 pm

John Kettler wrote:Mine's lit up to the lower ribs, but is at least semibearable. Yesterday, it was downright incapacitating, making even hobbling a horror. Last night was a truly brutal LP experience, and what's come in isn't even close to what I felt, not just in the back but in my somewhat better today adzed right skull. Further indicators lie in a series of perverse twisted circumstances, such as someone's all hot for something I put up on CL, then gets sent of town on zero notice for work, completely screwing up things on both ends. Call the timing of the road trip spectacularly bad for me on the economic front!

GIs are semi working, an improvement over the usual drama, so no imminent eruptions. Given my current situation, I "should" be upside down and totally freaked out, but instead, I've kept one foot on the floor, taken certain steps and steadfastly believed, all evidence to the contrary notwithstanding, that I will get through this. The compulsive cleaning has greatly improved the energy here, and decluttering my bedroom has improved both the feel and the flow. The Olympics are a wonderful distraction and also a morale boost.

John

Glad to see that you are doing better.

Yeah, isn't it wonderful how the Olympics can take our minds off of things, even if only temporarily.

Ohno skates tonight. Skiing also....I know the results already but won't say so as not to spoil it for others. cheers
    John Kettler

Post  John Kettler Thu 18 Feb 2010, 12:39 am

Hips. legs and back are now flaring clear up through right shoulder (left still relatively pain free), coupled with terrible throbbing in right side of skull. Am gasping in pain and not liking where this is going. Head stuff came out of nowhere ~4:37 p.m. PST. Vision's off, and teeth and jaws ache.

John
    John Kettler

Post  John Kettler Thu 18 Feb 2010, 2:35 am

Sadness started welling up ~5:30 p.m. PST and hit a peak at 6:02 p.m. when there was an apparent quake. Can feel forces building for another round as of 6:34 p.m.

John
    John Kettler

Recurring back and hip pain Empty Strong EQ 8:42 p.m. PST & more soon

Post  John Kettler Thu 18 Feb 2010, 4:47 am

As expected, there was indeed more in the wings! Not only did the quake feel strong, but my stuff was off the charts right before it hit. Both ears are blocked and itch like mad, so watch for an eruption soon.

John
    John Kettler

Recurring back and hip pain Empty Thar she blows!

Post  John Kettler Thu 18 Feb 2010, 5:07 am

The quakes are now confirmed as eruption precursors, for another one hit, very hard, immediately followed by a powerful surface eruption at 9:03 p.m. PST, with more on the way. feel deeply sad and am through the roof.

John
    Polly, AZ
    Polly, AZ

Recurring back and hip pain Empty Recurring hip and back ache - Hi John!

Post  Polly, AZ Thu 18 Feb 2010, 5:51 am

John Kettler wrote:Hips. legs and back are now flaring clear up through right shoulder (left still relatively pain free), coupled with terrible throbbing in right side of skull. Am gasping in pain and not liking where this is going. Head stuff came out of nowhere ~4:37 p.m. PST. Vision's off, and teeth and jaws ache.

John

Glad to see that you found the new board too - the family is coming back together. I have had the same hip,legs and back ache to my right shoulder which is over the top for my normal South American back aches. I feel something large, in the 6+ range, for central Peru down to Chile this week yet
    John Kettler

Post  John Kettler Thu 18 Feb 2010, 9:21 am

Hi, Polly!

Given tonight's ongoing seismic and volcanic convulsions, I'm so happy we have a home again! Strong EQ 12:53 a.m. PST, with stuff off the charts before it hit. feel deeply sad, am battling for sanity, hurts to sit, running hot and cold, etc., as of 1:19 a.m. skull's imploding, especially smashed in right. Middle back's lit up. Hang in!

John
    John Kettler

Recurring back and hip pain Empty 6.9 China-Russia-North Korea Border Region!

Post  John Kettler Thu 18 Feb 2010, 10:47 am

This may explain a lot of the heavy duty symptoms so many have reported. something seems off as the update time--since it's for a time yet to occur! From the looks of it, this quake just hit. It's now 2:46 a.m. PST. http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/us2010swaf.php

John
    Cindy

Recurring back and hip pain Empty Re: recurring hip and back pain

Post  Cindy Thu 18 Feb 2010, 10:41 pm

My back up to the lower ribs is hurting bad & I don't think we're in for a weather change here. I also been hearing quite a few underwater tones for SW of Oregon. With feeling so bad & so many of you having the same symptoms it will be interesting to see what happens. Check out Earthboppin LIAHO it's open!
    Polly, AZ
    Polly, AZ

Recurring back and hip pain Empty Recurring hip and back pain - hi john

Post  Polly, AZ Thu 18 Feb 2010, 11:19 pm

John Kettler wrote:Hi, Polly!

Given tonight's ongoing seismic and volcanic convulsions, I'm so happy we have a home again! Strong EQ 12:53 a.m. PST, with stuff off the charts before it hit. feel deeply sad, am battling for sanity, hurts to sit, running hot and cold, etc., as of 1:19 a.m. skull's imploding, especially smashed in right. Middle back's lit up. Hang in!

John
    I agree John about having a place to post at this time especially. There is going to be a LOT more going on in the next few weeks & months. Some of my back & hip pain has let up after the 5.3 quake today in Chile, but I know it's not over for S. Am in the next few days. Many of us have had that saddness for weeks now - maybe we are sensing the close of an era and the "unknown" that is ahead. Interesting about you running "hot & cold" - my husband and I experienced that yesterday and it's 60 degrees here. Take care!
    Calibabe
    Calibabe
    Admin

Post  Calibabe Thu 18 Feb 2010, 11:59 pm

Hip pain not too bad today, but that usually is the case with me when the weather is going to change. Usually two or three days, sometimes even a week before, I will just get this terrible pain in my R hip, right in the middle of the socket and joint and it is like someone taking a hot poker and sticking it in there and just jabbing away.

I have degenerative disc disease of my lower lumbar spine. I basically have no discs from L2-L5, it is just bone-to-bone-to-bone. I also suffer from Crohn's disease which is a whole other thing that just will hit me out of the blue. From around 2003 until probably the past year and a half, I have really struggled with issues of mobility, I was actually using a walker at one point and had lost a tremendous amount of weight. SoCal, who is my daughter was really worried about me and kept asking me if I was like anorexic of something. When I got the news that my father had passed away I made plane flight arrangements for the next day. Four hours before the flight was scheduled to leave I was so sick in my bathroom from my Crohn's disease that my mother-in-law came in and thought either I was having an appendicitis attack or that I was in labor. She said she never saw someone become that violently ill. Consequently I had to wind up flying out on Sept 11, 2004 to go back east to NJ. Eight months before that I lost my mom, the day after Christmas. About 6 weeks after that we lost a dear friend to a drunk driver. Then almost two years to the day of losing my dad, I lost my grandmother, his mom. My daughter and I had to walk her into the funeral home when my dad passed and up to his casket. Hardest thing I think I have ever had to do. So I guess some of it was caused by nerves and just all the upsetment that it caused. Then if that wasn't enough I had to fight my mom's estate and my dad's estate. I could literally right a book. Not that I was left out, but I had to have the people in charge taken out of charge because they were doing illegal stuff. I literally had to stay two steps ahead of people I was 3,000 miles away from. Not an easy task. For about 4 1/2 years I don't think I was even in the same time zone as my family. Seriously. I was on a regimine of Fentanyl 75 mcg patch every three days, Norco (a strong version of Vicodin) for breakthrough pain, Xanax 1 mg three times per day for anxiety (can't imagine why I would have had that), Parafon Forte (for muscle spasms), Sulfasalizine (for my Crohn's), Imitrex for migraines (they were so bad I would wake up crying in the middle of the night and my husband would have to go downstairs and get ice packs to put on my head). If that wasn't bad enough this pain management doctor that I had to go to for my insurance, hit my spinal column during a procedure for epidural injections and caused me to be bed bound for approximately 6 weeks. Then if all of that wasn't enough I had a guy, go to the county recorders office here in L.A., and he basically forged my husbands signature and mine and had a notary sign the paper and presented it to them and he stole our house. Then he proceded to take a $580K loan on it and didn't pay and they foreclosed and took the house. Took us over a year in court and we had to make a decision to either fight, with the possibility of still losing and spending money we just didn't have or giving in. We gave in and moved.

So to say that I have had a black cloud hanging over me the past 7 years, it would be an understatement. But thankfully I have a good family and a great daughter and I pulled myself up, ever so slowly and I am now going back to nursing school to finally get my degree. I have been doing medical all my life. I had to stop school when I was pregnant with her because she came three weeks early. I never was able to finish so now I have the time. Her younger brother is going to be going to the fire academy in the fall so that is another huge step.

All in all, while I have those days when I would rather just stay in bed and complain, I get up, get dressed and push myself. It is what my parents would expect of me and it is what I have to do. There are worse things in life. Losing a house isn't one of them. Plus my three dogs keep me going as well as my family. I am blessed that I have really good kids that have heads on their shoulders.

Probably should have put that in the personal forum but it is a long tale to tell.
    socalshakin
    socalshakin

Post  socalshakin Fri 19 Feb 2010, 12:44 am

Calibabe wrote:Hip pain not too bad today, but that usually is the case with me when the weather is going to change. Usually two or three days, sometimes even a week before, I will just get this terrible pain in my R hip, right in the middle of the socket and joint and it is like someone taking a hot poker and sticking it in there and just jabbing away.

I have degenerative disc disease of my lower lumbar spine. I basically have no discs from L2-L5, it is just bone-to-bone-to-bone. I also suffer from Crohn's disease which is a whole other thing that just will hit me out of the blue. From around 2003 until probably the past year and a half, I have really struggled with issues of mobility, I was actually using a walker at one point and had lost a tremendous amount of weight. SoCal, who is my daughter was really worried about me and kept asking me if I was like anorexic of something. When I got the news that my father had passed away I made plane flight arrangements for the next day. Four hours before the flight was scheduled to leave I was so sick in my bathroom from my Crohn's disease that my mother-in-law came in and thought either I was having an appendicitis attack or that I was in labor. She said she never saw someone become that violently ill. Consequently I had to wind up flying out on Sept 11, 2004 to go back east to NJ. Eight months before that I lost my mom, the day after Christmas. About 6 weeks after that we lost a dear friend to a drunk driver. Then almost two years to the day of losing my dad, I lost my grandmother, his mom. My daughter and I had to walk her into the funeral home when my dad passed and up to his casket. Hardest thing I think I have ever had to do. So I guess some of it was caused by nerves and just all the upsetment that it caused. Then if that wasn't enough I had to fight my mom's estate and my dad's estate. I could literally right a book. Not that I was left out, but I had to have the people in charge taken out of charge because they were doing illegal stuff. I literally had to stay two steps ahead of people I was 3,000 miles away from. Not an easy task. For about 4 1/2 years I don't think I was even in the same time zone as my family. Seriously. I was on a regimine of Fentanyl 75 mcg patch every three days, Norco (a strong version of Vicodin) for breakthrough pain, Xanax 1 mg three times per day for anxiety (can't imagine why I would have had that), Parafon Forte (for muscle spasms), Sulfasalizine (for my Crohn's), Imitrex for migraines (they were so bad I would wake up crying in the middle of the night and my husband would have to go downstairs and get ice packs to put on my head). If that wasn't bad enough this pain management doctor that I had to go to for my insurance, hit my spinal column during a procedure for epidural injections and caused me to be bed bound for approximately 6 weeks. Then if all of that wasn't enough I had a guy, go to the county recorders office here in L.A., and he basically forged my husbands signature and mine and had a notary sign the paper and presented it to them and he stole our house. Then he proceded to take a $580K loan on it and didn't pay and they foreclosed and took the house. Took us over a year in court and we had to make a decision to either fight, with the possibility of still losing and spending money we just didn't have or giving in. We gave in and moved.

So to say that I have had a black cloud hanging over me the past 7 years, it would be an understatement. But thankfully I have a good family and a great daughter and I pulled myself up, ever so slowly and I am now going back to nursing school to finally get my degree. I have been doing medical all my life. I had to stop school when I was pregnant with her because she came three weeks early. I never was able to finish so now I have the time. Her younger brother is going to be going to the fire academy in the fall so that is another huge step.

All in all, while I have those days when I would rather just stay in bed and complain, I get up, get dressed and push myself. It is what my parents would expect of me and it is what I have to do. There are worse things in life. Losing a house isn't one of them. Plus my three dogs keep me going as well as my family. I am blessed that I have really good kids that have heads on their shoulders.

Probably should have put that in the personal forum but it is a long tale to tell.

Mom, I know you've been through so much.. and you're all the stronger for it cheers You gave me tears in what you wrote here and really warmed my heart up for the day Smile Oh, and I had no idea I was 3 weeks early until now, LOL! I guess I was impatient then as I still am nearly 29 years later Laughing
    Calibabe
    Calibabe
    Admin

Post  Calibabe Fri 19 Feb 2010, 3:12 pm

socalshakin wrote:
    Calibabe wrote:Hip pain not too bad today, but that usually is the case with me when the weather is going to change. Usually two or three days, sometimes even a week before, I will just get this terrible pain in my R hip, right in the middle of the socket and joint and it is like someone taking a hot poker and sticking it in there and just jabbing away.

Mom, I know you've been through so much.. and you're all the stronger for it cheers You gave me tears in what you wrote here and really warmed my heart up for the day Smile Oh, and I had no idea I was 3 weeks early until now, LOL! I guess I was impatient then as I still am nearly 29 years later Laughing

Yeah, well for two days I didn't think it was labor, I just thought it was indigestion due to having a filet mignon w/mushrooms and onions (oh my gosh that was so good). However I went to work and when I started cramping and such, I told them I needed to go. Needless to say, the next several hours were crazy and of course grandpa headed to SOCH (Southern Ocean Cty Hospital) and it had no L&D department, so I delivered you in the ER because Lacey First Aid couldn't get an ambulance there in time, had a very bad accident out on Lacey Rd, west of the parkway. Then they started calling in all these people from the hospital who had not witnessed a live birth. For crying out loud I felt like a freak show, but the pains were so bad I didn't give a rip. Thankfully I didn't cuss I just yelled a lot. After all was said and done, grandma and grandpa came in and needless to say they were really taken with you and just held me and we cried. I am really thankful for that memory of them. They were always there for me and that is why I miss them so.

Yeah I guess that early arrival does reflect on why sometimes you are so impatient. You have calmed down some since you were in your teens. Wink

You know that you and your brother are really important to me. That is something that will never change.

Love, Mom I love you

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 4:14 am