Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

2 posters

Is the Taos Hum related to eartones?

LaLuna
    LaLuna

Is the Taos Hum related to eartones? Empty Is the Taos Hum related to eartones?

Post  LaLuna Sun 28 Feb 2010, 7:09 pm

I'm a long-time hearer of the Hum, sometimes known as the Taos Hum (although I don't live anywhere near Taos). I've been following the discussion here for several months, and wondering if there's any relationship between the Hum and the "tones" that you hear. There are some differences... For me, the Hum is a 24/7 event. I do occasionally hear tones like the ones you describe, but have never correlated them to earthquakes.

Anyway, one of the groups I belong to is the Humforum at Yahoo. This morning, a new member there posted the following remarks:

"The hum does seem to fluctuate between two slightly different frequencies and intensities. The slightly higher frequency state is louder to me than the lower frequency phase of the hum. Both the higher and lower (both low) frequencies have a warble to them like a diesel engine running. The switching back and forth between them reminds me of a jack hammer that is constantly running but sounds more intense when it is being used to break up cement than it does when the operator is deciding which area to attack next. During periods of time when I hear longer periods of the higher pitched, more intense phase of the hum, I've noticed that much of the time there has been an earthquake somewhere in the world at about the same time. I'm withholding judgement on whether a naturally occuring earthquake is causing the intensity in the hum, or whether the hum is causing the earthquakes. You can go to usgs.gov for nearly immediate stats on locations and intensities of earthquakes around the world. Also look at this chart of the dramatic increase in large quakes in recent years: http://www.thehorizonproject.com/earthquakes.cfm To add, I've been hearing long periods of the higher pitched, intense hum this morning, and just now I've heard a nearly continuous hum that has gone on for a few minutes. (7:30 AM CDT)"

I would be interested in hearing your thoughts as to whether there's any relationship between the Hum and the tones that you pick up. I've thought for a long time that the Hum is coming from the Earth. So many people hear it all over the world, under different conditions and circumstances, that it's the only explanation that makes any sense.

Carole flower
    onthroad
    onthroad

Is the Taos Hum related to eartones? Empty Hums and tones

Post  onthroad Sun 28 Feb 2010, 10:14 pm

Nope, not for me. When I am living in AZ 112 long/34 lat, I have occasional 'diesel engine idling' hums, sometimes it sound like a train locomotive parked a 1/4 mi away. Never have considered that the hums might be associated w/ quakes.

My ear tones are nothing like the hums. Sometimes high screeching, or more often an annoying buzz, often a deep pain, and the occasional plugging of the ear as if underwater. Lest someone offer advise, don't. My ear canals are clear, my hearing is accute and I don't take asprin.....and there isn't a train locomotive w/in 30 mi of me out on the desert Smile
    SarahKate

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 1:40 pm