Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

+9
quaker
Earth Lady
Judy in NoID
Sheila, Or.
Linda in N Carolina
Mary/Portland, OR
alexa
Polly, AZ
Don in Hollister
13 posters

Far Field Aftershock Map For Chile 8.8M Quake

Don in Hollister

Far Field Aftershock Map For Chile 8.8M Quake Empty Far Field Aftershock Map For Chile 8.8M Quake

Post  Don in Hollister Sat 27 Feb 2010, 8:22 am

Hi All. Here is the FFA map for the Chile 8.8M quake. Take Care...Don

https://2img.net/h/i5.photobucket.com/albums/y151/Quakemeister/Chile88MFFAmap.jpg?t=1267258881
    Polly, AZ
    Polly, AZ

Far Field Aftershock Map For Chile 8.8M Quake Empty Thanks Don, much appreciated

Post  Polly, AZ Sat 27 Feb 2010, 8:30 am

Don in Hollister wrote:Hi All. Here is the FFA map for the Chile 8.8M quake. Take Care...Don

https://2img.net/h/i5.photobucket.com/albums/y151/Quakemeister/Chile88MFFAmap.jpg?t=1267258881

Hey Don - what are you still doing up a 12:30A< PST? Very Happy Appreciate you getting this info out so quickly.
    Don in Hollister

Far Field Aftershock Map For Chile 8.8M Quake Empty Re: Far Field Aftershock Map For Chile 8.8M Quake

Post  Don in Hollister Sat 27 Feb 2010, 9:12 am

Hi Polly. Petra and I have been watching this area for about 2 months now. We knew there was going to be a large quake in that general area. Petra had predictions for that area and quakes have been hitting all around there, but none fit her predictions. We knew it was just a matter of time. She didn't predict this quake, but the quakes that were occurring told us something was in the works.

She is on the phone with me right now and the two of us are trying to pick a likely location for the next major quake based on the FFAs of the Chile quake. So far we haven't had much luck with those kind of prediction. To many areas to choose from.

Affects of this quake were seen as far away as 500 miles. No damage though except to the nerves.

No waves centered in California, but it is apparent that as they were passing through they traveled through some areas that were somewhat unstable. Those quakes are located in the Eastern California Shear Zone/Walker Lane Belt. Some of the quake occurred before the Chile quake and some after. Sooner or later there will be another Owens Valley quake.

When the power comes back on we should be getting more news.

The "ring of fire" predictions and the "super moon" predictions are worthless. They don't give the location or the date of the expected quake with enough accuracy to do anyone any good.

According to CNN news a 9 foot tsunami was recorded. The quake was a thrust quake, but may have had some lateral slip. Buildings have collapsed and one person has been killed and fires are being seen in the distance. This will most likely increase when the power comes back on people are able to get out and survey the area and get it on the news. Take Care...Don
    alexa
    alexa

Far Field Aftershock Map For Chile 8.8M Quake Empty Re: Far Field Aftershock Map For Chile 8.8M Quake

Post  alexa Sat 27 Feb 2010, 9:35 am

live from Chile eq coverage... if you understand spanish.....scratch

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/tv-de-chile
    Mary/Portland, OR
    Mary/Portland, OR

Post  Mary/Portland, OR Sat 27 Feb 2010, 10:10 am

Don in Hollister wrote:
    The "ring of fire" predictions and the "super moon" predictions are worthless. They don't give the location or the date of the expected quake with enough accuracy to do anyone any good.

Hi Don - I completely agree with you about how predictions without specific date & location are worthless for saving lives. However, it does help to explain the bizarre "burrowing" behavior of my dogs today, and my unusually strong ear tone/block I had a couple of days ago...so I am keeping track of these things even though they aren't able to be useful in a "useful" sense yet.

Thank you for keeping things real, and take care!
    Polly, AZ
    Polly, AZ

Far Field Aftershock Map For Chile 8.8M Quake Empty Hi Don

Post  Polly, AZ Sat 27 Feb 2010, 10:11 am

Don in Hollister wrote:Hi Polly. Petra and I have been watching this area for about 2 months now. We knew there was going to be a large quake in that general area. Petra had predictions for that area and quakes have been hitting all around there, but none fit her predictions. We knew it was just a matter of time. She didn't predict this quake, but the quakes that were occurring told us something was in the works.

She is on the phone with me right now and the two of us are trying to pick a likely location for the next major quake based on the FFAs of the Chile quake. So far we haven't had much luck with those kind of prediction. To many areas to choose from.

Affects of this quake were seen as far away as 500 miles. No damage though except to the nerves.

No waves centered in California, but it is apparent that as they were passing through they traveled through some areas that were somewhat unstable. Those quakes are located in the Eastern California Shear Zone/Walker Lane Belt. Some of the quake occurred before the Chile quake and some after. Sooner or later there will be another Owens Valley quake.

When the power comes back on we should be getting more news.

According to CNN news a 9 foot tsunami was recorded. The quake was a thrust quake, but may have had some lateral slip. Buildings have collapsed and one person has been killed and fires are being seen in the distance. This will most likely increase when the power comes back on people are able to get out and survey the area and get it on the news. Take Care...Don

Hi Don, I have been watching the P-103 & 140 wavelines lately and have noticed that some crossed Chile and figured that a major quake was in the making. The Super Full Moon is not a "prediction", but the energy from it increases the chances of a major quake happening within 3 days before up to 3 days after. We have to use all the tools we can get. If you read the Groans thread this last week you will see that some of us knew that Chile was going to get hit big from our backaches. believe it or not, but it does prove true. Thanks for all your good work and information.
    Linda in N Carolina
    Linda in N Carolina

Post  Linda in N Carolina Sat 27 Feb 2010, 11:22 am

So, that is why my back was aching all day yesterday??? I just presumed I'd been at the computer too long. It was just killing me! Also, once again before a major (MAJOR) quake, the kids at school all week have been whoozy, throwing up, as well as many of the adults. Thanks all from above who were up in the wee hours giving this info to us. Looks like the P Waves cross close to, or through N Carolina... Blessings as Mother stretches again!
    Linda
    Sheila, Or.
    Sheila, Or.

Post  Sheila, Or. Sat 27 Feb 2010, 4:40 pm

I had "quake" flu yesterday that came out of nowhere just after the Japan quake. Both ears are ringing off the charts too. My dog was so clingy all day yesterday, she about drove me bonkers affraid
    I'll be interested to see what connections Lowell Whiteside puts up on his blog too as he makes interesting connections between solar, lunar, etc. It's part of Petra's & Don's blog.
    Prayers to the people of Chile and also Hawaii for the tsunami.
    Linda in N Carolina
    Linda in N Carolina

Far Field Aftershock Map For Chile 8.8M Quake Empty SHIELA:

Post  Linda in N Carolina Sun 28 Feb 2010, 12:59 pm

Do you have a link to the site you mentioned? I always am interested how people link many things together.
    Woke this morning with another awful back, but it was lower, below the waistline (mmm, my rear!, almost). I'm just learning where my symptoms relate to, and sometimes it is so difficult, as so many quakes come in daily...but, I'm trying!
    Judy in NoID
    Judy in NoID

Far Field Aftershock Map For Chile 8.8M Quake Empty Are the plates actually ready to rupture totally?

Post  Judy in NoID Sun 28 Feb 2010, 3:14 pm

Seems like with the increase in big EQs, that perhaps the plates are getting ready for major ruptures? Like in earth changing ones? After the 2004 Indonesian EQ a "voice" said "It has begun". Freaked me out, but had a sense that its all part of the 'Earth's Dance' and it was meant to be, but we'd be seeing some major catastrophic alterations to the continents over the next 20 years.... I have always 'felt' [yep not scientific LOL], that some changes happen slowly, but then the 'ol earth 'ratchets' and major changes happen. I think we are entering the time when we get to witness some 'ratcheting' with some dramatic results.

I wish government entities would concentrate on not trying stop 'global weather change', but use the resources to help people "prepare" for the changes that are coming, because I think they will be way beyond just climate change.... Hope I'm wrong, but I would encourage all to make preperations. Times of 'change' are at hand. Stay safe all! I'm not liking the after shock pattern of this one.....
    Earth Lady
    Earth Lady

Post  Earth Lady Sun 28 Feb 2010, 6:34 pm

Don in Hollister wrote:Hi All. Here is the FFA map for the Chile 8.8M quake. Take Care...Don

Don, I remember you stated that the radiation levels were very high when the quake in Hati happened. Have you checked to see what those levels were in the Chili quake? Not sure where to find that information. It would be interesting to see if that componet exsists in this incident as well. thank you
    Earth Lady
    Earth Lady

Post  Earth Lady Sun 28 Feb 2010, 6:44 pm

Earth Lady wrote:

Don, I remember you stated that the radiation levels were very high when the quake in Hati happened. Have you checked to see what those levels were in the Chili quake? Not sure where to find that information. It would be interesting to see if that componet exsists in this incident as well. thank you

Hey Don I found you're post on earthboppin, went to the site , looks like the radiation levels were elevated during this earthquake too.

http://xmm2.esac.esa.int/external/xmm_obs_info/radmon/disp_plot.php?p=48h_le
    quaker

Post  quaker Sun 28 Feb 2010, 6:45 pm

Question Don ?

On the news they compared this current quake in Chili with 1906 Chilian earthquake.
    Do we have any records on this 1906 Quake in Chili?

My question would be was the 1906 Chili quake before or after the the great San Francisco quake of 1906 ?

Sense we know quakes somtimes follow a pattern it would be interesting to know if a quake happened in 1906 in Chili just before the 1906 Quake in San francisco
    Earth Lady
    Earth Lady

Post  Earth Lady Sun 28 Feb 2010, 6:49 pm

Whoops! Looks like Vim/PA is the one who posted about the radiation levels on earthboppin! Serious blond moment lol!
    Don in Hollister

Post  Don in Hollister Sun 28 Feb 2010, 7:21 pm

Hi Quaker. The 1906 quake in Chile occurred on 17 Aug. 1906. This isn't surprising since more than two-thirds of the world’s large-magnitude earthquakes occur in South America’s west coast. The Andes and Peru-Chile trench have been the source of devastating earth disturbances for centuries. The most deadly Peruvian earthquake before 1970 struck Lima in October 1746, claiming at least 5,000 victims, many when a tsunami swept the coast. Subsequently, in 1946 a 7.9M generated landslides that annihilated the town of Quiches and badly damaged Conchucos and Mayas.

In May 1950, in the historic old Inca city of Cusco (southern Peru), a moderate earthquake located directly under a city caused severe damage. The extreme damage in Cusco (about 63% of the buildings had to be reconstructed) was due primarily to poor construction of adobe dwellings. The 1970, Peru earthquake and aftershocks were not especially powerful in comparison to other regional earthquakes, however, the death toll resulting from the mammoth landslides and flooding due to burst dams, have placed this earthquake among the most devastating ever in the Americas. Take Care...Don

http://library.thinkquest.org/10136/earthquk/chile.htm
    quaker

Post  quaker Sun 28 Feb 2010, 7:58 pm

Thank you sir Smile as always your a wealth of information much appreciated
    Linda in N Carolina
    Linda in N Carolina

Far Field Aftershock Map For Chile 8.8M Quake Empty San Francisco Quake of 1906

Post  Linda in N Carolina Sun 28 Feb 2010, 8:01 pm

April 18, 1906 was the Great SAN FRANCISCO quake
    marc / berkeley
    marc / berkeley

Far Field Aftershock Map For Chile 8.8M Quake Empty Whoa

Post  marc / berkeley Sun 28 Feb 2010, 8:20 pm

Hi Don!

It looks like 1906 was a banner year for earth movement. Still no speculations tho, eh?

--M
    Don in Hollister

Post  Don in Hollister Sun 28 Feb 2010, 8:24 pm

Hi Marc. What are your speculations. Did the San Francisco quake trigger the Chile quake? I know one thing for sure. I don't know if it did or didn't, but I would sure like to know. Take Care...Don
    marc / berkeley
    marc / berkeley

Far Field Aftershock Map For Chile 8.8M Quake Empty RE: Idle Speculation

Post  marc / berkeley Sun 28 Feb 2010, 9:03 pm

Hi Cynthia!

Prior to the SF quake, Eureka had a large quake, then Los Angeles before it shook loose: the great 1906 SF quake.

Altho most earth scientists will disavow repetitive patterns, because they aren't exact, I think they are often close enough "to rhyme" as history buffs say. Now, I would say that IF Riverside pops big between now and May, the Bay Area could potentially have a 'shakey' fall. However, Hollister could give and that could be a pressure relief valve or if Hollister has a really big one, which then means the Bay Area rumbles, together and then possibly as a aftershock. Don & Petra are focusing on Roger Creek and if that fails, we could get a pretty big event just off of that. Hollister could trigger all of that, or calm it all down.

Now remember, this is all idle speculation, no more, no less. The real bottom line is to see what happens next, and draw inference from that.

So not enuf data to really come to a conclusion, yet. The potentials can be a bit alarming tho.

--M

PS. The M8.8 was a subduction event, so a reverse or thrust motion with a bit of strike slip came from this event.
    quaker

Post  quaker Sun 28 Feb 2010, 10:49 pm

So if I understand you ..here and if, thats a big if,
    1906 SF quake Remotly triggered 1906 Chile
    it could work in reverse and still be loosley called a pattern
    or be showing some connection

we did just had the bigger quake of Eureaka,Now Chile, so if we should see something lager in LA it could up the chance SF could follow. Is that about what you said.
    marc / berkeley
    marc / berkeley

Far Field Aftershock Map For Chile 8.8M Quake Empty RE: Idle Speculation

Post  marc / berkeley Mon 01 Mar 2010, 12:35 am

That's my take.

I was hoping Don might say something that would be more insightful, but I think he is still in data gathering mode.

Again, this is all speculation.

What is interesting is the unloading pattern going on in Chile, using FFA, a swarm could develop in another area during syzygy windows, that might be a place to near the new/full moon. Look how many months passed between the Samoa and Chile events, and you can see why it's slow trying to infer what might be next.

It'll be an interesting year, now that this quake occurred!

--M
    Don in Hollister

Post  Don in Hollister Mon 01 Mar 2010, 5:09 am

Hi All. The 27 February 2110 quake is located 160 miles north of the 1960 quake. If the theory about the next quake occurring near the ends of the previous quake is true then the next quake should be in the area of Valparaiso, Chile. However there is no way of knowing when that quake will occur or that it will occur at that location. Valparaiso is located about 200 miles north of the 27 February 2010 quake.

It is known that large quakes will trigger small quakes, but no one is really sure that a large quake will trigger another large quake at some other distant location. For instance Alaska had two 8.0KM+ just a couple of miles apart separated by a little more then a year. This occurred in 1898 and 1899. Here is the problem. It would take 31 8.0M quakes to release the same amount of energy as one 9.0M quake, so as you can see an 8.0M quake doesn't always release enough energy to prevent a 9.0M or couple more 8.0M quakes. Also were starting to see that it doesn't take years for the earth to accumulate enough strain to trigger another quake. It could do it in just a couple of years and the reason for this is that the previous quake didn't release all of the strain.

For those who are interested the Chile quake is very close to the 60° ring of Haiti quake. Could the Haiti quake have been the trigger for Chile, or could it have been some other quake or a combination of other quakes?

It seems the more I learn the more I realized I have barely scratched the surface when it comes to quakes and it's not a very big scratch. Take Care...Don
    Sheila, Or.
    Sheila, Or.

Far Field Aftershock Map For Chile 8.8M Quake Empty Hi Linda, sorry for the delayed answer to your query

Post  Sheila, Or. Wed 03 Mar 2010, 3:51 am

Linda in N Carolina wrote:So, that is why my back was aching all day yesterday??? I just presumed I'd been at the computer too long. It was just killing me! Also, once again before a major (MAJOR) quake, the kids at school all week have been whoozy, throwing up, as well as many of the adults. Thanks all from above who were up in the wee hours giving this info to us. Looks like the P Waves cross close to, or through N Carolina... Blessings as Mother stretches again!
    Linda

I've been fighting a flu bug for what seems like days now, off and on again. Plus we had company so you probably know the drill. Anyway, Lowell Whiteside's blog is often so informative I always follow it to see all those connections.
    Hope you find this post so you get the link which is here:

http://www.quakecentralforecasting.com/lowellsblog.html
    Rose8
    Rose8

Post  Rose8 Wed 03 Mar 2010, 3:23 pm

Just my input on the super moon thing. I was reading first hand reports taken after the giant New Madrid quake in the 1800's. One of them mentioned a big bright moon in their description of events. In my dream there was a full moon. I did not realize until the morning when I was leaving for work that we were upon a full moon and I didn't know what this super moon thing was about. I generally keep better track.
    Also mentioned in a report was EQ clouds.
    Been keeping dibs on visual satellite and water vapor satellite pics in the area from OK to NMSZ.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 4:45 am