Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

2 posters

MIA Providers ACA

beejean
    beejean

MIA Providers ACA Empty MIA Providers ACA

Post  beejean Sat 08 Feb 2014, 4:18 pm

MIA Providers ACA

What kind of plan is this when 80% of CA doctors don't take the ACA plan, even if they have determined after 6 hours that you enrolled in the insurance plan?

Also, those insurance underwriters could only find 2 hospitals in the entire state of New Hampshire ? Give us a break.
    beejean
    beejean

MIA Providers ACA Empty Re: MIA Providers ACA

Post  beejean Sat 22 Feb 2014, 9:23 pm

CBS 13 Sonora CA Reports that Doctors Deny man his back surgery since "Covered California" didn't cover Him

Nick Janes wrote:   For privacy reasons, he couldn’t comment on the specific case, but said in general that consumers should do their research before purchasing plans.

“I would suggest they contact the plan to make sure what doctors are available to them,” he said.

Tammy says she finally found an in-network doctor, but the problems don’t end there. We looked him up using the couple’s plan info, and the Blue Cross website shows him as in-network.

But that same doctor’s officer told Tammy he won’t see patients with insurance from Covered California.

“It’s like we’re a second-class citizen,” she said. “We can’t get the coverage we need.”

For Chris, it’s another stop in a long road to the surgery he needs.

“To this point where it feels like I’m going to be in pain,” he said. “I can’t find nobody to do it.”

CBS13 wasn’t able to reach the doctor tonight, and a late-hour contact with Blue Cross didn’t get to the bottom of it, so we’re still pushing for answers.  

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2014/02/18/mans-back-surgery-on-hold-as-doctors-deny-covered-california-coverage/

For the above, how much more do you need to know than that you'll be paying thousands a year for coverage that doesn't cover any treatments because the reimbursement rate is not the hospitals' liking.

Out here in Massachusetts, while waiting in line at the pharmacy window I overheard that the pharmacist couldn't give a woman her young son's nebulizer medication on the prescription because the pharmacy could not verify that she had any coverage.... Said the cashier: "we're trying to get a hold of someone at the insurance but we can't succeed. " The woman walked out while the pharmacy technician resumed the 25 minute wait in trying to verify.  Sitting up with a sick kid with closed bronchial tubes trying to see if he can get another breath is no joke.  Of course, there's always the oxygen tent in the ER.  This is insurance ?  (I'm pretty sure it was an ACA plan...  the Massachusetts plan has 50,000 valid applications that can't be entered into the Massachusetts website that was created by the same company that created the National website.  The ACA applications are stacked there as laborers in the State Government bewail that they can't get them entered because of the long 3 hour process on the slow website to put in just 1. )
    DearWife

Post  DearWife Tue 25 Feb 2014, 9:03 am

Last edited by DearWife on Sat 06 Jul 2019, 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    beejean
    beejean

Post  beejean Wed 26 Feb 2014, 11:50 pm

Hi DearWife,

the family here isn't disenfranchised for the health plans either - my husband's working full time and has PPO coverage. My concerns extend to the uncertainty of the economy and what that means for keeping covered.

based on the dubious nature of the ACA websites and everything, I just base my hopes for continued well-being on God and his grace. I agree with you 100% on that. It seems like mankind has gotten so out of conformity with common sense and has structured everything surrounding going to the doctor with red tape and convoluted processes. - Apple a Day ! Beejean

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 10:25 am