Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

2 posters

DearWife

.......... Empty ..........

Post  DearWife Thu 12 Sep 2013, 6:10 pm

Last edited by DearWife on Sat 06 Jul 2019, 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    beejean
    beejean

.......... Empty Re: ..........

Post  beejean Sun 13 Oct 2013, 3:30 pm

The need for Medicare continuance cannot be disputed, but the government reimbursement rate to physicians is causing a number of practitioners to avoid Medicare and Medicaid patients.  

There is a report lately however, that physicians who won't accept Medicaid payments for their patients will not be able to issue prescriptions or x-ray orders to pharmacies or hospitals unless the patient will pay 100% of prescription cost.  In other words, the patients who see these doctors un-enrolled as providers in the Medicaid system - patients who visit non-complying doctors will have to pay 100% of the price of the prescriptions written by the doctor/ and 100% of the price charged by the hospital for the prescribed x-rays, regardless if they are under enrollment in Medicaid.

This change is making for a reduction in doctors who will deal with patients enrolled in government plans.  This is not something any one of us could deal with, because the doctors apparently are doing the math and deciding they can't practice medicine their way under the laws that are now being written.  I suppose that each doctor has to make an effort to figure this all out for himself or herself.  For example, a dermatologist I used to see decided to transition into only doing plastic surgery for self-paying patients.  She didn't want to stay involved with seeing anyone where the payment would be coming from a health insurance company.  Such things are becoming common now.

For the uninsured, I guess the mandatory payments that now must be made to the IRS appears extremely burdensome, but this is not the same regulations as those that affect Medicare.  With 3000 pages of laws, and some people getting exceptions and special treatment, I guess your healthcare just depends on who you are these days.

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 10:00 am