Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

2 posters

winter's tongue stuck to the streetlight

beejean
    beejean

winter's tongue stuck to the streetlight Empty winter's tongue stuck to the streetlight

Post  beejean Sat 16 Mar 2013, 12:39 am

winter's tongue stuck to the streetlight

It seems as if winter's tongue got stuck to the streetlight and it doesn't want to let our state of Massachusetts go !

We are having brutal cold winds and wind chills below 10 F over the past two days, and there is snow in the forecast for next week again. Last Friday, the local channels forecast at least 4 inches of snow, and we got 16 inches.

Also, we went through a strange time during winter when we had 60 degree days in the 4th week of january. On January 30 and January 31st we had 60 degree temperatures for two days, sandwiched between the surrounding days of temperatures at or below the freeze point, 32 degrees F. On those two days, a wind had pushed warm southern weather up to Boston's more northerly latitude and it gave us that weird hiatus from the typical January freezing temperatures.

Haiku
    A Man, un-certain,
    When the neighbor prunes his trees,
    Leaves his pruner tucked away.

Sometimes, in the 3rd week of March, I have been known to rake my front yard. Not this year!

Hope you aren't getting similarly house-bound by the surges of high winds, storms, and black ice.

DearWife

winter's tongue stuck to the streetlight Empty Re: winter's tongue stuck to the streetlight

Post  DearWife Wed 20 Mar 2013, 5:47 am

Hi beejean. We're supposed to get rain tomorrow. It got a little warm for a couple of days here. Here is some news from Accuweather:

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-video/breaking-weather-snow-on-the-go/1670024770

beejean
    beejean

winter's tongue stuck to the streetlight Empty Re: winter's tongue stuck to the streetlight

Post  beejean Wed 20 Mar 2013, 11:53 pm

DearWife wrote:Hi beejean. We're supposed to get rain tomorrow. It got a little warm for a couple of days here. Here is some news from Accuweather:

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-video/breaking-weather-snow-on-the-go/1670024770

I just took a look at your weather and I'm thinking you should be able to enjoy daffodils during this Easter season.

Over here, we're expecting more snow tomorrow and a big Northeaster' with even more snow upcoming next Tuesday. I bought silk flower yellow pansies and grape hyacinths to cheer me up. I doubt I'll see any blooming when Easter rolls around.

Hope things are going better over there. The police near here say that crimes usually increase just as the weather starts to get warmer. Before that, people tend to stay inside and mind their own business here. Guess we'll be staying inside for a while yet.

Good Luck, Dear Wife.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content