Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

4 posters

3.3 Quake, Straits of Juan De Fuca, Washington

Polly, AZ
    Polly, AZ

3.3 Quake, Straits of Juan De Fuca, Washington Empty 3.3 Quake, Straits of Juan De Fuca, Washington

Post  Polly, AZ Sat 20 Feb 2010, 9:09 pm

Feb. 20, 2010, at 2:05:09AM PST a 3.3 quake was reported in the Straits of Juan De Fuca, WA - 10 miles SE of Victoria, BC, Canada and 63 miles NW of Seattle, WA. Depth - 27.2 miles deep.
    What bothers me on this quake is that the Juan De Fuca fault zigzags through the Straits and then just a few miles
    south of Vancouver the fault makes a sharp turn east. I sure hope that there isn't a larger one coming with the Olympic Games not far away.
    Puget Sounder
    Puget Sounder

3.3 Quake, Straits of Juan De Fuca, Washington Empty Re: 3.3 Quake, Straits of Juan De Fuca, Washington

Post  Puget Sounder Sat 20 Feb 2010, 9:30 pm

It would be kinda hard to land a jump during figure skating compition.
    Polly, AZ
    Polly, AZ

3.3 Quake, Straits of Juan De Fuca, Washington Empty 3.3 Straits of Juan De Fuca, WA - Puget Sounder

Post  Polly, AZ Sat 20 Feb 2010, 9:38 pm

Puget Sounder wrote:It would be kinda hard to land a jump during figure skating compition.

Well, I know that the geologist have been watching this fault for some time and predicting a major quake at some time. Add that to talk about the "possibility of something major happening during the Olympic Games" it puts an edge on thought of a larger quake in that spot of the fault.
    geenee
    geenee

3.3 Quake, Straits of Juan De Fuca, Washington Empty Re: 3.3 Quake, Straits of Juan De Fuca, Washington

Post  geenee Sat 20 Feb 2010, 9:52 pm

Polly, AZ wrote:Feb. 20, 2010, at 2:05:09AM PST a 3.3 quake was reported in the Straits of Juan De Fuca, WA - 10 miles SE of Victoria, BC, Canada and 63 miles NW of Seattle, WA. Depth - 27.2 miles deep.
    What bothers me on this quake is that the Juan De Fuca fault zigzags through the Straits and then just a few miles
    south of Vancouver the fault makes a sharp turn east. I sure hope that there isn't a larger one coming with the Olympic Games not far away.

Wow I felt that one by a major block in both ears; my laptop was off and didn't feel like going through the hassle of turning it on to report it. bounce
    socalshakin
    socalshakin

Post  socalshakin Sat 20 Feb 2010, 10:01 pm

Well, this would explain the L tones and blocks I've had for the past few days. Though, a 3.3 is a little small for me to hear so far away. Hope there's not a larger one looming. Shocked

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 11:43 pm